PDA

View Full Version : Technical Difficulties

trish
01-27-06, 07:56 PM
It seems that the OC folders (?) are grayed out on my computer. Like now, I'm in "Post New Thread" and I can barely read those words while everything above (OC Forums > Other Forums > Feedback) is visible. Even the "Title:" and "Message" thingy's :confused: are grayed out. Is it just happening to me? Anybody know how I can fix it?

dando
01-27-06, 08:11 PM
All appears normal to me. r u sure you aren't logged in as SOG? ;) Might be a temporary issue, or did you make any changes to any browser or OS settings for fonts, graphic res, etc.?

-Kevin

Sean O'Gorman
01-27-06, 08:14 PM
All appears normal to me. r u sure you aren't logged in as SOG? ;) Might be a temporary issue, or did you make any changes to any browser or OS settings for fonts, graphic res, etc.?

-Kevin

For the record, when you are banned, the only posts that appear are your own. I'm pretty sure the same applies for Spicoli.

trish
01-27-06, 08:20 PM

-Kevin
I put in a new hard drive yesterday. That's the only change I've made.

trish
01-27-06, 08:23 PM
Also, a log out option is in the right hand side of my screen.

edit: Change that, the Forum Jump option is on the right side of my screen and there's a huge margin over there.

nrc
01-27-06, 08:46 PM
Wow. I don't know what would cause the page to look like that. Everything looks normal here (and from work). You might try deleting your cache or temporary internet files to see if that fixes it.

When you say grayed out do you mean there's no contrast between the text and the background? Could it be that you're running with a smaller screen palette before, say 256 colors instead of millions?

Are any other web pages looking strange?

trish
01-27-06, 09:26 PM
Wow. I don't know what would cause the page to look like that. Everything looks normal here (and from work). You might try deleting your cache or temporary internet files to see if that fixes it.

When you say grayed out do you mean there's no contrast between the text and the background? Could it be that you're running with a smaller screen palette before, say 256 colors instead of millions?

Are any other web pages looking strange?

The text almost blends into the background. My display color is set at 16 bit and my screen size is 800x600, small fonts. So far it's only been this forum.

trish
01-28-06, 09:07 AM
The same thing at CCF, so it must be my computer.

trish
01-28-06, 10:32 AM
:) After completing all of my Windows updates, everything seems to be in order. THank you to all who tried to help.

Cam
01-28-06, 10:50 AM
Use Firefox! Just say no to the big blue E! :gomer: