PDA

View Full Version : CC Sebring Tests...

NismoZ
01-26-06, 05:19 PM
Franck Montagny fastest at 51.0 in his first time in a Champcar. Faster than Bruno this morning. Bruno's Nov. top time was 50.9! Although in a PKV car it is likely Montagny's audition is for a seat at Rocketsports.

NismoZ
01-27-06, 08:33 AM
Montagny 50.8, Bruno 51.0, Legge 51.8...more to come today!

Andrew Longman
01-27-06, 09:36 AM
Photos?

nrc
01-27-06, 09:47 AM
"It was an interesting day," [Legge] said. "I've never had to do pit stops before and we did about 20 of them today. It's a little bit different. This whole thing is a learning process and it's exciting but it's a little frustrating at the same time."
So that pretty much settles that. She's not practicing pit stops just to head back to Atlantic.

Spicoli
01-27-06, 10:49 AM
Does this mean we can finally ship Blinkus Maximus off to the Senior League?

:gomer:

NismoZ
01-27-06, 11:28 AM
I also like what Montagny had to say: I'm here because I want to be here in '06. I'm not thinking about F-1 at all. I did everything I could do and they did not give me a chance. I am very excited. The team is great and the car is fun to drive.The car is not that different from F-1, actually more fun to drive and maybe even more demanding. There is a lot going on in the car. I can hardly wait to get back in the car on Friday.

TKGAngel
01-27-06, 01:11 PM
Does this mean we can finally ship Blinkus Maximus off to the Senior League?

:gomer:

Uh, Spicoli to English translation please. ;)

If (when?) Legge makes it to champcar, I wonder how the media attention would equate to the current level Danicamania? The IRL would poop a brick if Legge won before Danica.

G.
01-27-06, 01:37 PM
Stupid question, why is Bruno testing with PKV and not NH?

Spicoli
01-27-06, 01:39 PM
Uh, Spicoli to English translation please. ;)

If (when?) Legge makes it to champcar, I wonder how the media attention would equate to the current level Danicamania? The IRL would poop a brick if Legge won before Danica.

Blinkus Whinus BELONGS in EaRl.

NismoZ
01-27-06, 02:19 PM
N/H has been testing along with PKV... and Forsythe today. sorry for any confusion.

cameraman
01-27-06, 02:19 PM
Stupid question, why is Bruno testing with PKV and not NH?

Both PKV and Newman-Haas are testing. Bruno drove his own car.

CCWS press release about the PKV testing (http://www.champcarworldseries.com/News/Article.asp?ID=9930)

And Bruno limited his run to 50 miles on old tires. Something to do with the # of available test days. He will drive a full day tomorrow.

NismoZ
01-27-06, 02:27 PM
PS...relative to Montagny's "it's really busy in the car." I just read about the new Williams "continuous torque, seamless shift 7-speed." Rules change? Maybe they ought to be called a 1-speed? His "busy" obviously refers to actually having to grab for the shift knob? GOOD!

Dr. Corkski
01-27-06, 04:26 PM
Montagny 50.8, Bruno 51.0, Legge 51.8...more to come today!Maybe she should spend more time practicing going faster instead of pitstops. :gomer:

NismoZ
01-27-06, 09:56 PM
Well, she was 1.0 behind Lyons and now 1.0 behind Montagny, in the same cars on the same day (or next)...on a short bumpy test course. I know it means she's slower than SOME, but in a really good car on a top team and given the uncertain nature of ChampCar racing I think she can actually win. I think she and PKV think so too. I believe that Canary Fund sponsorship is an important element also. I repeat my hopes that fast guys like Lyons, Briscoe and Pantano can find their way in soon.

NismoZ
01-27-06, 10:00 PM
BTW, Bruno got down to a 50.6 today. All smiles at N/H.

Dr. Corkski
01-27-06, 10:11 PM
I know it means she's slower than SOME, but in a really good car on a top team and given the uncertain nature of ChampCar racing I think she can actually win. I think she and PKV think so too.You can say that about Ryan Dalziel, Giorgio Pantano, Ryan Briscoe, Richard Lyons, Juan Carceres, Charles Zwolsman, Franck Montagny...see a pattern here?

NismoZ
01-27-06, 11:02 PM
Yeah, it must be the talent to money to who do you know ratios. Value added. Certainly you are not shocked or surprised. Are you disgusted or angry? The auto racing business is hardly the perfect world. How do you view the situation? I know who I'd like to see race in ChampCar and Legge is not my first choice, but I won't consider it any sort of a crime if she makes the grid at Long Beach.

NismoZ
02-01-06, 05:07 PM
So? Final decision coming soon. SPEED says maybe this coming week? I suppose for the good of ChampCar it'll be Legge and Pantano. Or Maybe Legge and Montagny? COULD be Legge and Briscoe. Daziel thought the ride was his if Jimmy quit. Legge and Daziel? I don't think so, but MAYbe. :confused: Pantano and Montagny would be there if I was the team owner, but... :gomer: what about Cris!? I wish someone could sign 'em all up for '07 so they don't go to GA or somewhere. :(

Spicoli
02-01-06, 05:45 PM
So? Final decision coming soon. SPEED says maybe this coming week? I suppose for the good of ChampCar it'll be Legge and Pantano. Or Maybe Legge and Montagny? COULD be Legge and Briscoe. Daziel thought the ride was his if Jimmy quit. Legge and Daziel? I don't think so, but MAYbe. :confused: Pantano and Montagny would be there if I was the team owner, but... :gomer: what about Cris!? I wish someone could sign 'em all up for '07 so they don't go to GA or somewhere. :(

don;t hurt yourself there lil buddy. :gomer:

NismoZ
02-01-06, 06:10 PM
And THEN, maybe if... :D I know what you mean, I'd just like to see 'em all race, that's all! And, Lyons!? :eek: Nap time!