PDA

View Full Version : Tommy Kendall's Chicken Car

TopGear
01-26-06, 10:13 AM
Hey guys, i recently got banned from another ChampCar fan forum from asking about this car!! (no idea why) they didn't even give me an explanation!! Does anyone here know the story of this wicked looking vehicle and what he used to do with it? I did hear Juan Montoya "got lucky" in the back seat, but dont know if it's true or not. What do you guys know?

http://media.godashboard.com/gypsyville/chickencar2.jpg

TRANSAM
01-26-06, 10:53 AM
I saw that at Barrett Jackson last weekend. The guy in the red Ferrari cap bid it up to $3 million.

Concept cars are worth big money these days.

Spicoli
01-26-06, 11:08 AM
I saw that at Barrett Jackson last weekend. The guy in the red Ferrari cap bid it up to $3 million.

Concept cars are worth big money these days.

:rofl:

pchall
01-26-06, 11:16 AM
Is that the proof of concept test vehicle for the 2007 Cup cars?

CART 500
01-26-06, 11:16 AM
Hey guys, i recently got banned from another ChampCar fan forum from asking about this car!! (no idea why) they didn't even give me an explanation!! Does anyone here know the story of this wicked looking vehicle and what he used to do with it? I did hear Juan Montoya "got lucky" in the back seat, but dont know if it's true or not. What do you guys know?

http://media.godashboard.com/gypsyville/chickencar2.jpg

Didn't that happen in a porta potty at Mid Ohio?

Greg B
01-26-06, 11:46 AM
Didn't that happen in a porta potty at Mid Ohio?

I asked Tommy about it at Mid-Ohio many years ago. There isn't much of a story. He saw it for sale, I believe in southern Calif. and just had to have it. Do you blame him? As for Juan, don't these guys have relatively nice Newell's that might be more impressive to a young, starry eyed little missy?

Andrew Longman
01-26-06, 11:55 AM
Looks like it came off the set of Stroker Ace

Or it could be a delivery car for a fried chicken chain here in Jersey called "Cluck You". I kid you not. Only in Jersey.

TKGAngel
01-26-06, 01:12 PM
As for Juan, don't these guys have relatively nice Newell's that might be more impressive to a young, starry eyed little missy?

I think I've just lost brain cells (and my lunch) trying to ponder the logistics of the port-a-potty hookup.

I could totally see the chicken car in a town parade or something.

CARTNUT
01-26-06, 02:45 PM
I think the car is referred to as something other than the "Chicken" car. Perhaps, Rooster or......? :p

'NUT :gomer:

BTW - Saw the car from the grandstands driving in the infield at LVMS just before the truck race last September. Mrs. 'NUT said, "Hey, there's Tommy Kendall!" :D

CART 500
01-26-06, 02:57 PM
I asked Tommy about it at Mid-Ohio many years ago. There isn't much of a story. He saw it for sale, I believe in southern Calif. and just had to have it. Do you blame him? As for Juan, don't these guys have relatively nice Newell's that might be more impressive to a young, starry eyed little missy?

I guess you had to be there to understand. :D

Steve99
01-26-06, 03:03 PM
Is that the proof of concept test vehicle for the 2007 Cup cars?
Well it does have a rear wing and increased headroom. :)

Rocketdoc
01-27-06, 01:24 AM
I think it is the "I am Indy" car....

Fio1
01-27-06, 02:40 AM
I use to see it in Santa Monica all the time park on the street. I haven't seen it in a while. I guess TK moved....

JohnHKart
01-27-06, 08:17 AM
I use to see it in Santa Monica all the time park on the street. I haven't seen it in a while. I guess TK moved....

To Vegas.

John