PDA

View Full Version : Mozilla question

G.
01-25-06, 11:33 PM
I'm an idiot ("hi, Idiot").

Feels better.

Thanks.

The kid, g., has been playing on the net. He screwed up my 'Zilla preferences somehow.

I got the error, that the "default" profile was in use, so "choose another". This was after he apparently shut down the 'puter with the power button.

I couldn't get out of it, so I created a new profile. Lost all of my bookmarks. And the Google popup blocker. etc.

I can't for the life of me find the original profile!

Any ideas?

Oh, sure, I could search the Firefox FAQ's and such, but you guys are prolly quicker.

Thanks, all.

devilmaster
01-25-06, 11:39 PM
Sometimes when you get that, there may be a copy of mozilla that didn't shut off properly. ( i realize that it must have closed the copy if the son powered down, but if he did, the profile shouldn't be active.)

Control alt delete to the processes screen and see if there are multiple copies of firefox running..... If you do get that 'change profile' msg, say no or just close it, ctrl alt delete and close all copies of firefox that are running. restart firefox and should work fine.

Thats my first suggestion anyways....

devilmaster
01-25-06, 11:46 PM
2nd suggestion....

Other Information
Profile Folder

Firefox stores your user data in one of the following locations:
Windows 2000, XP Documents and Settings\<UserName>\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox
Windows NT WINNT\Profiles\<UserName>\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox
Windows 98, ME Windows\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox
Mac OS X ~/Library/Application Support/Firefox
Linux and Unix systems ~/.mozilla/firefox

If you were using Firefox 0.8 as your default browser prior to upgrading to Firefox 1.0, data from your profile will be copied into the new location. You can remove the old "Phoenix" folder at your leisure.

From that, go to the dir of your matching system, and see what you see - you should be able to find it there.