PDA

View Full Version : Unico Racing Team to the Atlantics

cameraman
01-25-06, 02:08 PM
Things just keep getting better :) :) :)

From Speedtv (http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/champcar/21723/)

Mexico City-based UNICO Racing plans to expand its operations and contest the 2006 Champ Car Atlantic Championship, and it has signed 17-year-old CR Crews of Dallas as its first driver.

It will join Tommy O'Brien Racing of Dallas for the effort, running under the banner Unico Racing Team USA.

Unico Racing's German Quiroga won the Mexican Formula Renault 2000 championship last year. Another one of its drivers, Juan Esteban Jacobo, placed second in the Mexican Formula Renault 1600 drivers' championship in 2005. The team fielded five Formula Renault 2000 cars and two Formula
Renault 1600 cars last year in all.

Unico Racing Team USA will be based in Dallas. It may field up to three drivers in the Atlantic series.

Spicoli
01-25-06, 02:35 PM
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

NismoZ
01-25-06, 06:27 PM
Man, as good as this series is positioned to be, I'm beginning to wonder about the range of talent in a large field. The front runners are going to get A LOT of passing practice! Short tracks, cement walls, 17yr.olds, look out! I think RA will show us the gaps most clearly (?) All 12 races on SPEED. They'll ALL be recorded because somebody from this season is going places and I want to be able to "remember him when." :)

G.
01-25-06, 06:46 PM
But, but, there is no demand, er, wait, I mean no effing way Swift can handle this imaginary demand with NO cars built, I mean, the

Aw, screw it.

[/Wilke]