PDA

View Full Version : new earl team

trauma1
01-24-06, 09:42 AM
gomered, where was curry when it happened

IRL showcar, trailer stolen outside team's race shop
Jan. 23, 2006
CBS SportsLine.com wire reports

INDIANAPOLIS -- Even Indy cars get stolen now and then.

An unmarked trailer containing an Indy Racing League showcar owned by former driver Robbie Buhl was stolen last weekend from outside Sinden Racing's shop. The showcar was worth $50,000 to $100,000, team co-owner Scott Jasek said Monday.

"We handle the IRL showcar program, and through that we handle the Racing For Kids," Jasek said. "Robbie Buhl takes this car to hospitals and so forth around the country. We also do a lot of work for the IRL safety crew."

Jasek said the car was used at a safety meeting on Friday and was returned in the trailer and parked outside the shop, which is in an industrial area about 2 miles south of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Several other race teams, including Newman Haas, Hemelgarn and Lyn St. James Racing, also have shops along the street -- aptly named Gasoline Alley.

The Sinden trailer and the car were there when Jasek left about 8 p.m. Friday but were gone when team members returned Saturday morning. They reported the trailer stolen, and police are investigating.

"Everybody was looking ... where did the trailer go?" he said.

"This is my assumption," Jasek said. "Someone came to steal the trailer and when they opened it realized, 'Oh, now I've got an Indy car. Now what?' So I'm going to make the assumption it's going to surface somewhere here in the next few days. But you never know."

He said it was not unusual to leave the trailer unattended outside the team's headquarters.

"We have many trucks and trailers and the trailers sit outside, often depending if a guy's going to leave the next morning," he said. "We've been doing this for five years and never had anything stolen."

The trailer, which was bought about six months ago, was worth $10,000 to $15,000, but that can easily be replaced, Jasek said.

"You feel bad about the car," he said. "It's owned by Robbie Buhl, so that makes us feel even worse, because it's a car he lets us use for events. ... You always blame yourself when something gets stolen, even though a thief took it from you."

AP NEWS
The Associated Press News Service

chop456
01-24-06, 09:44 AM
A good detective would start checking local hospitals for people with freshly broken spines.

NismoZ
01-24-06, 10:12 AM
Just look for the bright flames and rapidly rising column of black smoke!

swift
01-24-06, 10:40 AM
The showcar was worth $50,000 to $100,000
i think the open-market would say otherwise. just ask key liquidators.

G.
01-24-06, 11:21 AM
never mind

Accipiter
01-24-06, 12:55 PM

But what is it's insurance replacement value?

dando
01-24-06, 01:00 PM
They should be able to use satellite imagery to track down the perps....VfS II should ensue shortly. :gomer:

-Kevin

oddlycalm
01-24-06, 03:21 PM
Yep, one car closer to 33...

oc

Rocketdoc
01-24-06, 08:15 PM

" The showcar was worth $50,000 to $100,000"

Only if it had $85,000 "cold hard" stashed in it....

Linda
01-25-06, 02:44 PM
It's back

Spicoli
01-25-06, 02:50 PM
It's back

did the thieves get a refund? :gomer: :rofl:

Linda
01-25-06, 02:57 PM
No no refund yet LOL.
Trailer worth $10,000 to $15,000. But Oh! Crap! :eek: Must return The Crap Wagon worth nothing. :rolleyes: