PDA

View Full Version : Luhr Penske Porsche Fastest

NismoZ
01-24-06, 12:01 AM
Only .1 off R-8 pole time from last year, after Sebring test. I think one can imagine this LMP2 team shooting for the overall.

Sean O'Gorman
01-24-06, 07:15 AM
Great news for privateer LMP2 teams!

chop456
01-24-06, 09:27 AM

"Waaah! What about the little guy? Waaah!" :laugh:

If the privateers want to win, they can buy an RS Spyder when they go on sale. If they don't want to win, they can continue what they're doing. If they don't want to continue what they're doing, they can go to Grand Am and race for nothing in front of no one on the finest infield road courses in the U.S.

rjohnson999
01-24-06, 09:50 AM
VIR? Le Circuit? Oh, this was just hyperbole! I get it. It's just another of those "don't let the facts get in the way of a good story," deals.

"Waaah! What about the little guy? Waaah!" :laugh:

If the privateers want to win, they can buy an RS Spyder when they go on sale. If they don't want to win, they can continue what they're doing. If they don't want to continue what they're doing, they can go to Grand Am and race for nothing in front of no one on the finest infield road courses in the U.S.

NismoZ
01-24-06, 10:08 AM
All hail Chopper! The SCCA mentality doesn't work in ALMS at the top levels. Jump in that IMSA thing if you want "sport." Porsche is running a business and whatever you think of Penske Racing they were the right match. Do you honestly think some GT3 team would be trusted to do the development work? I think the plan is to run these things all over the globe in a year or two and and if they are affordable enough all are invited to take on Team Panzer. (Don't think for a moment the series isn't concerned about a Porsche steamroller, but not to the point where they will say "no" to the factory efforts.)

racer2c
01-24-06, 10:14 AM
VIR? Le Circuit? Oh, this was just hyperbole! I get it. It's just another of those "don't let the facts get in the way of a good story," deals.

VIR is a great little club cirquit! Too bad for Grand Am that I'm only going to bother going there to watch the AMA Super Bikes in August.

extramundane
01-24-06, 01:07 PM
Only .1 off R-8 pole time from last year, after Sebring test. I think one can imagine this LMP2 team shooting for the overall.

Note that last year's qualifying was flooded out, so we're comparing practice times against practice times. BTW, James Weaver had the new Dyson Lola within 2 seconds of track record in just 7 laps, roughly 4 seconds faster than anything Audi's done so far.

Especially those who buy it next year. And had you done any research first, you'd have seen that the Intersport Lola is not far off Porsche's pace, even with Liz Halliday driving (so the Fields should be even closer...seems like this was the exact same thing I said at Laguna last year...). But of course we all know that factory entries in ALMS = evil, but factory entries in GA = good for the sport. :rolleyes: