PDA

View Full Version : Gehl + Rahal/Letterman & Atlantics

cameraman
01-23-06, 02:37 PM
They are sponsoring a little bit of everything. It is odd to read about Long Beach and St Pete sponsorship in the same sentence...

WEST BEND, WI, January 18, 2006 – Rahal Letterman Racing, a leading North American open-wheel racing team, and Gehl Company, a Wisconsin-based leading manufacturer of construction and agricultural equipment, announced today a marketing and promotional partnership for the 2006 racing season.

Gehl Company, which has been involved in motorsports and the Champ Car World Series since 1990, will sponsor Graham Rahal’s Mi-Jack Conquest Racing Champ Car Atlantic Series effort, in addition to establishing an integrated marketing program with Rahal Letterman Racing’s IRL IndyCar Series program. Gehl will be an associate sponsor on the Rahal Letterman cars at the Grand Prix of St. Petersburg, the Indianapolis 500 and the IndyCar Series race at the Milwaukee Mile.

“We’re thrilled to be associated with Rahal Letterman Racing,” said Dan Keyes, Gehl Vice President of Sales and Marketing. “Having Graham Rahal fighting for the 2006 Champ Car Atlantic Series championship with Gehl Company sponsorship will provide a high level of excitement for our customers and dealers throughout the season.

Graham is a fine young man, not to mention one of the top up-and-coming drivers in the country. He will be a perfect spokesman for our company and our products.”

“We pride ourselves at Rahal Letterman Racing on partnering with like-minded companies that are leaders in their respective fields,” said Bobby Rahal, three-time CART champion and the 1986 Indianapolis 500 winner. “The Gehl Company motorsports program has been in existence nearly 20 years.

They were looking at opportunities to expand their motorsports program, and the opportunity to partner with a young driver like Graham and to be involved as an RLR partner at Indianapolis, St. Petersburg and Milwaukee proved to be the right mix.”

The relationship marks a new level of participation for Gehl Company, which is already active in motorsports as the "Official Construction Equipment" of the Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach, the Honda Grand Prix of St. Petersburg, The Milwaukee Mile and Road America in Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin. Gehl is also an "Official Supplier" to the Champ Car Safety Team.

“This new association is a natural extension of our long-standing motorsports marketing program,” said Keyes. “This year we‘ll have a larger presence than usual at major racing events throughout the United States, and in Canada and
Mexico.”

For Graham Rahal, who recently celebrated his seventeenth birthday, Gehl Company’s participation is important both to him, and the entire Atlantic Series field. “I am excited about having Gehl sponsor my Atlantic effort—some of the tracks we will be racing on this season couldn’t be built without their equipment,” said Rahal. “This is going to be a very competitive championship, and I am looking forward to working with Gehl, and hopefully we can get them to the top of the podium often this season.”

Spicoli
01-23-06, 03:35 PM
6 race super series!

NismoZ
01-23-06, 11:45 PM
Positioning themselves for the HRL trainwreck!

Winston Wolfe
01-24-06, 11:54 AM
They have had the same position for their hospitality tent at the LBGP in the Lagoon Chalet area for as long as I can remember (*hic*). They have been there thru thick and thin.... 'specially in '02, when Gehl and Tecate were the ONLY ONES IN THERE.... :saywhat:
Their local VP \ GM or whatever high ranking official who has the marketing budget must be a big race fan. :thumbup:

G.
01-24-06, 01:43 PM
They have had the same position for their hospitality tent at the LBGP in the Lagoon Chalet area for as long as I can remember (*hic*). They have been there thru thick and thin.... 'specially in '02, when Gehl and Tecate were the ONLY ONES IN THERE.... :saywhat:
Their local VP \ GM or whatever high ranking official who has the marketing budget must be a big race fan. :thumbup:'02?? Sure about that? :confused:

Steve99
01-24-06, 05:41 PM
That can't be a real press release. It doesn't even mention Danica. :gomer:

Winston Wolfe
01-24-06, 07:57 PM
'02?? Sure about that? :confused:

sorry. :rolleyes:
it was '03....
my bad.

G.
01-25-06, 06:40 PM
sorry. :rolleyes:
it was '03....
my bad.'Twas there in '02, much hospitality. Thought perchance the "flashbacks" have invaded me cranium.

No Harm, no Foul.