PDA

View Full Version : Brokeback Mountain.

vancouver
01-23-06, 09:48 AM
I did the deed.

I went to see it last night.

A poignant love story. I feel it's had unfair critisism on here so I thought I'd do it justice.

A classic love story with a tragic ending. :cry: Some people even starting crying in the theatre.

Although, I'll admit Heath Ledger's southern accent wasnt all that. He spoke through his teeth throughout the whole movie and I couldnt understand a word. Plus, there was the occasional Aussie twang thrown in.

But Jake Gylennhaal - as a female viewer - very pleasurable ;)
I'm tempted to go and watch Jarhead now.

The scenery and cinematography was amazing - not sure if it really was filmed in Wyoming though.

Spicoli
01-23-06, 10:37 AM
I aM 100% hETERO AND HAVE no INTEREST IN A bROKEBACK bLOG.

:shakehead

sINneRS! :gomer:

RusH
01-23-06, 10:45 AM
OK, cue the gay jokes. :gomer:

Peanut butter peak
split-cheek Mountain...etc..etc....etc

:D :shakehead

feel free to censor me :cry:

RHR_Fan
01-23-06, 10:45 AM
I did the deed.

I went to see it last night.

A poignant love story. I feel it's had unfair critisism on here so I thought I'd do it justice.

A classic love story with a tragic ending. :cry: Some people even starting crying in the theatre.

Although, I'll admit Heath Ledger's southern accent wasnt all that. He spoke through his teeth throughout the whole movie and I couldnt understand a word. Plus, there was the occasional Aussie twang thrown in.

But Jake Gylennhaal - as a female viewer - very pleasurable ;)
I'm tempted to go and watch Jarhead now.

The scenery and cinematography was amazing - not sure if it really was filmed in Wyoming though.

I saw it a few weeks ago too and loved it. It is very tragic. Heath and Jake are very good in it. A lot of people are praising Heath, but Jake did equally as good of a job.

I agree with completely about the cinematography. That movie was beautifully shot, especially the wide shots on Brokeback Mountain. The movie was filmed in Canada, in Alberta I believe.

I also think that how it was shot and the acting and everything that it could have easily been a love story between two woman or a man and a woman. Or any other two combinations - gender, orientation, race, etc.

~Nicole

Stu
01-23-06, 10:47 AM
OK, cue the gay jokes. :gomer:

Peanut butter peak
split-cheek Mountain...etc..etc....etc

:D :shakehead

feel free to censor me :cry:

well the obvious one is Bareback Mountin'

Methanolandbrats
01-23-06, 10:48 AM
Did they leave those thick leather chaps on? Good knee protection and stylish too.

Dirty Sanchez
01-23-06, 10:50 AM
its ok to bash gays on here. just don't say n a z i :gomer:

RHR_Fan
01-23-06, 12:45 PM
Can't we just talk about the movie?

Methanolandbrats
01-23-06, 12:49 PM
I also think that how it was shot and the acting and everything that it could have easily been a love story between two woman

~Nicole :thumbup: :thumbup: :D

RusH
01-23-06, 12:56 PM
:thumbup: :D

Anyone remember what this movie was about??????
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/630026968X.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I don`t :gomer:

Methanolandbrats
01-23-06, 01:01 PM
Anyone remember what this movie was about??????
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/630026968X.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I don`t :gomer:I've seen it a couple dozen times, but I have no idea what the plot was :confused:

IlliniRacer
01-23-06, 01:13 PM
Shouldn't we merge this thread with the "Stinky Exhaust" thread?

nrc
01-23-06, 02:22 PM
its ok to bash gays on here. just don't say n a z i :gomer:
There are limits. From the FAQ:

You may not post any message that is harassing, threatening, defamatory, hateful, sexually-oriented, obscene, or vulgar.
The gay bashing flirts with three or four of those. We try not to overmoderate, but there are limits to what we'll tolerate. Tolerance should not be mistaken for approval.

The topic of the thread is the movie "Brokeback Mountain". If you don't have something to contribute on that topic please just ignore this thread.

Dirty Sanchez
01-23-06, 04:05 PM
I see, a selective enforcement policy :o

RaceGrrl
01-23-06, 04:08 PM
Yeah, pretty much.

Dirty Sanchez
01-23-06, 04:09 PM
different rules for different people.

RaceGrrl
01-23-06, 04:16 PM
Nothing in this thread was deleted. Moderated forums are exactly that: moderated.

Any further off-topic posts in this thread will be deleted.

vancouver
01-25-06, 11:13 AM
It wasn't as graphic as I'd thought it would be.

It was a little strange though, the way of showing emotion to one another was to have a good ol' scrap. :saywhat:

It did get quite violent in parts.