PDA

View Full Version : At My Honda Dealer...

Gurneyflap
03-25-03, 06:12 PM
Took the 'ol Prelude in for a going over this morning. Behind the counter was a big new poster of all the Honda IRL teams. The Service Mgr. saw me silently shaking my head, looked back over his shoulder and just said, "I know. Don't get me started." Nothing more had to be said. Sigh...just thought of this after my post on CART's changes. (BUT I'M STILL NOT BUYING A FORD!)

RichK
03-25-03, 06:44 PM
I was buying some milk at 7-Eleven last night. The new 7-Eleven phone cards or charge cards (whatever they are) have a picture of Paul Tracy (!!!!) driving last year's BigGulp crapwagon at Indy.

Fenster
03-25-03, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by RichK
I was buying some milk at 7-Eleven last night. The new 7-Eleven phone cards or charge cards (whatever they are) have a picture of Paul Tracy (!!!!) driving last year's BigGulp crapwagon at Indy.

Well... nothing wrong with advertising that you won the Indy 500.;)

--Fenster.

racer2c
03-25-03, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Gurneyflap
Took the 'ol Prelude in for a going over this morning. Behind the counter was a big new poster of all the Honda IRL teams. The Service Mgr. saw me silently shaking my head, looked back over his shoulder and just said, "I know. Don't get me started." Nothing more had to be said. Sigh...just thought of this after my post on CART's changes. (BUT I'M STILL NOT BUYING A FORD!)

He was probably a NASCAR fan.

skidmarks
03-26-03, 09:34 AM
He still knows a crapwagon when he sees one.

Jag_Warrior
03-28-03, 01:48 PM
Imagine getting an e-mail from a pal at another company division with the title "We're Back In Racing". But inside it says, "Well, sort of."

It's not a Champ car. It's not even a NASCAR tin-top. I'd be happy with a World of Outlaws sprint car. It's a... Well, let's just say I can get on a (short) list of people who can get free IRL 500 @ Indy tickets this year. The only race in the world I wouldn't attend if you paid me... and it's the only one I could get free tickets to. Shame. Humiliation. Disgust. :shakehead