PDA

View Full Version : just for spicoli, AGR to Cc in 07

trauma1
01-20-06, 09:01 AM
Mario still thinks earl sucks donkey d####

Mario Andretti: AGR could leave IRL

By Michele Lostia January 20th 2006, 12:07 GMT

Four times Champ Car champion Mario Andretti reckons that his son Michael's Andretti Green Racing team could switch back to Champ Car in the future.

AGR jumped ship from Champ Car to IRL in 2003 and have won the last two series championships with Tony Kanaan and Dan Wheldon. This season, Michael is running his son, and Mario's grandson, Marco, in a four-car squad.

But Mario reckons that the team will have to look at racing in Champ Car again, with the new one-make Panoz chassis formula starting in 2007. He also believes that when one team has switched to Champ Car, others may follow.

"Champ Car nowadays is more interesting for the circuits they race on," Andretti told Autosprint, "both geographically-speaking and for being more various and complete, because you have street circuits and ovals, while in IndyCar almost all races are on ovals.

"There are many reasons why Michael has a team in this series, due to the support he's had from Honda up to now and to the importance of being present at the Indy 500 for his sponsors.

"His team could even do Champ Car and just the Indy 500, but that would mean racing with completely different cars, making the costs soar and so on.

"Maybe they will [switch to Champ Car]. I think that in 2007 things will change.

"I think as soon as one of the top teams, Penske, Ganassi, Andretti or Rahal will decide to move, the others will follow suit. Rahal and Ganassi could be the ones making the first move."

Asked what Champ Car needed to make it more attractive, Andretti added: "The Indy 500. It's OK for the rest, while IndyCar is more and more in a crisis because they race on ovals. And having just Honda is a signal of technical decadence."

nrc
01-20-06, 09:55 AM
Sounds like Mikey's Honda gravy train grinds to a halt after this year. I'm sure Mario is sincere, but Mikey knows he's burned a lot of bridges and will only seriously consider it if he doesn't get any leverage on Honda with it.

cart7
01-20-06, 10:11 AM
Marco doesn't really want to race on ovals any longer than he has to.

Methanolandbrats
01-20-06, 10:14 AM
FMA is such a whiney *****. He trots out daddy to smooth the way back to Champcar while he sits in the corner sucking his thumb.

KLang
01-20-06, 10:18 AM
IMO they are welcome on the grid if they buy the equipment. However I will never cheer for one of his cars or drivers. :flame:

I really doubt he will come back though, just wishful thinking on Mario's part I think.

Spicoli
01-20-06, 10:20 AM
Any time I can get my name in a title of a thread,,,I know,,, its going to be ,,,, a great day. :D

soon, we will have someone to hate besides Gentlelotionzi

devilmaster
01-20-06, 11:25 AM
Question: Who kept the paintballed poster?

rabbit
01-20-06, 11:41 AM
Marco and Herta can come back. Screw the rest. They already burnt their bridges. :thumdown:

trauma1
01-20-06, 11:48 AM
Any time I can get my name in a title of a thread,,,I know,,, its going to be ,,,, a great day. :D

soon, we will have someone to hate besides Gentlelotionzi
just keep the beeer cold ;)

SteveH
01-20-06, 11:50 AM

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

G.
01-20-06, 12:05 PM
Dario has tried every year to get back to CC. No one could pay his salary.

I don't think he ever bad-mouthed Champcars. I'd take him back.

And, I agree with klang. The more, the merrier. We all need someone to hate.

Spicoli
01-20-06, 12:36 PM
Question: Who kept the paintballed poster?

that was funny as hell. Anybody know where that video went? before they sold out Crappenwagon, i think they had it.

Remember that guy who looked just like Mikey A? Did he film it? :confused:

FCYTravis
01-20-06, 03:18 PM
Oh man, that was epic. Mid-Ohio 2003, a race never to be forgotten... for what happened in the campground :rofl:

Spicoli
01-20-06, 04:23 PM
Oh man, that was epic. Mid-Ohio 2003, a race never to be forgotten... for what happened in the campground :rofl:

I remember ripper got Mari H to sign a Crapwagon shirt. Ripper then drove his golf cart into Rocket's truck. man was he sceeered.

We demolished the Mikey banner with paintball guns. We burnt somebody's carbdboard cutout, can't remember whose???

NaTTY'S redneck brother Uncle Drew put the beatdown on some turd who came up and said IRL was "the future of motorsports" and we just didn't get it.....that was nice. turd went to get the cops, cops showed up and cop truned out to be Drew's neighbor/friend/whatever. :rofl: cop told trud to go away.

Pook came by to say hello and have a beer.

The HVM crew came over and stole all our womens.

HairCut Kim and Crazy marY and their "Minis & Hooker Heels" all drunk and scamming free drinks off the N/H hospitality tent.

Cam rocking out into the fire pit, fully sponsored by MGD and Marlboro. Bitching about Jenson Button as a "Bloody Backmahckehhhh"

And FCY/travis's mom giving Drew a big fat reacharound. :D

ah, they should all be so memorable. i had the damn shakes for 3 days after that one.

cameraman
01-20-06, 04:42 PM
The last race at Mid-Ohio......

Coincidence?

Steve99
01-20-06, 06:41 PM
Dario has tried every year to get back to CC. No one could pay his salary.

I don't think he ever bad-mouthed Champcars. I'd take him back.

Huh? Dario was bad-mouthing CART/Champ Car before he ever left.

As for Mario, how many Texas Motor Speedway races would you want your grandson to run?

G.
01-20-06, 06:51 PM
Huh? Dario was bad-mouthing CART/Champ Car before he ever left.

I don't remember ANYTHING like that, and I was following him pretty closely when he was in CART. I know from a (former) AGR team member that he was always looking to get back into CART/CC.

Could you give some examples? Even paraphrases?

nrc
01-20-06, 07:04 PM
I think most of Dario's comments were more whining about officiating and just basically anything that didn't go his way than the kind of Kool Aid spewing some of the others engaged in.

SurfaceUnits
01-20-06, 10:56 PM
"2007 will be the year where Champ Car will step out," series owner Gerald Forsythe recently stated. "We've had a lot of people expressing interest but without the availability of cars for this year, it makes it difficult. But people are planning now for 2007. There's light at the end of the tunnel. I believe there will be twenty-four plus Champ cars next year."

greenie
01-21-06, 03:02 AM
I remember ripper got Mari H to sign a Crapwagon shirt. Ripper then drove his golf cart into Rocket's truck. man was he sceeered.

We demolished the Mikey banner with paintball guns. We burnt somebody's carbdboard cutout, can't remember whose???

NaTTY'S redneck brother Uncle Drew put the beatdown on some turd who came up and said IRL was "the future of motorsports" and we just didn't get it.....that was nice. turd went to get the cops, cops showed up and cop truned out to be Drew's neighbor/friend/whatever. :rofl: cop told trud to go away.

Pook came by to say hello and have a beer.

The HVM crew came over and stole all our womens.

HairCut Kim and Crazy marY and their "Minis & Hooker Heels" all drunk and scamming free drinks off the N/H hospitality tent.

Cam rocking out into the fire pit, fully sponsored by MGD and Marlboro. Bitching about Jenson Button as a "Bloody Backmahckehhhh"

And FCY/travis's mom giving Drew a big fat reacharound. :D

ah, they should all be so memorable. i had the damn shakes for 3 days after that one.

Wicked cool! You guys sound badass!

:gomer:

matthole
01-21-06, 03:08 AM
I don't remember ANYTHING like that, and I was following him pretty closely when he was in CART. I know from a (former) AGR team member that he was always looking to get back into CART/CC.

Could you give some examples? Even paraphrases?

Don't remember the specifics around the dim time for CART, though his 'team' had no problem docking PT any time he told the truth. Dashley didn't exactly take that side, instead he played along with the 'where the 'sponsors' want me' routine.

All irrelevant in that those scum from AGR did donuts where Greg Moore died in those hideous abominations that stand for everything not about racing.

I hate them all. A foul, disgusting lot they are. :mad:

Spicoli
01-21-06, 09:26 AM
Wicked cool! You guys sound badass!

:gomer:

ahh, greenie up all night again, extending hater friday. :kiss:

greenie
01-21-06, 03:37 PM
ahh, greenie up all night again, extending hater friday. :kiss:

No hate dude - just a long night filled w/ booze and Journey. :gomer:

http://jon.everperfect.com/music/band/journey/img/Journey.jpg

On topic: I'm still bummed out though that the Colts didn't go undefeated this year. They were really onto something for awhile there. :D

Spicoli
01-21-06, 04:36 PM

On topic: I'm still bummed out though that the Colts didn't go undefeated this year. They were really onto something for awhile there. :D

F the Colts, and F Manning. What a crybaby.

Journey on tour? May have to catch that! :cry:

fourrunner
01-21-06, 05:35 PM

That's not the original Lead Singer is it ? What's the new guys name ?

I had lost track of Journey a long time ago !

Spicoli
01-21-06, 06:35 PM
Get your Journey on, you loser. :gomer:

Steve Perry's toast.

During its initial 14 years of existence (1973-1987), Journey altered its musical approach and its personnel extensively while becoming a top touring and recording band. The only constant factor was guitarist Neal Schon (b. Feb. 27, 1954), a music prodigy who had been a member of Santana in 1971-1972. The original unit, which was named in a contest on KSAN-FM in San Francisco, featured Schon, bassist Ross Valory, drummer Prairie Prince (replaced by Aynsley Dunbar), and guitarist George Tickner (who left after the first album). Another former Santana member, keyboard player and singer Gregg Rolie, joined shortly afterwards. This lineup recorded Journey (1975), the first of three moderate-selling jazz-rock albums given over largely to instrumentals. By 1977, however, the group decided it needed a strong vocalist/frontman and hired Steve Perry (b. Jan. 22, 1949). The results were immediately felt on the fourth album, Infinity (1978), which sold a million copies within a year. (By this time, Dunbar had been replaced by Steve Smith.) Evolution (1979) was similarly successful, as was Departure (after which Rolie was replaced by Jonathan Cain). Following a live album, Captured (1981), Journey released Escape, which broke them through to the top ranks of pop groups by scoring three Top Ten hit singles, all ballads highlighting Perry's smooth tenor: "Who's Crying Now," "Don't Stop Believin'," and "Open Arms." The album topped the charts and had sold nine million copies by 1996. Frontiers (1983), featuring the hit "Separate Ways," was another big success, after which Perry released a double-platinum solo album, Street Talk (1984). When the group got back together to make a new album, Valory and Smith were no longer in the lineup and Raised on Radio (1986) was made by Schon, Perry, and Cain, who added other musicians for a tour. Following the tour, Journey disbanded. Perry went into a prolonged period of seclusion as Schon and Cain formed Bad English with vocalist John Waite. Bad English had several hit singles, including the chart topper "When I See You Smile," before breaking up. Perry returned to recording in 1994, releasing For the Love of Strange Medicine. Although the album went gold, it was a commercial disappointment by previous standards. In 1996, Perry, Schon, Cain, Valory, and Smith staged a Journey reunion, releasing the million-selling Trial by Fire, which featured the gold-selling Top 20 single "When You Love a Woman," and going on tour. Perry and Smith opted out of the reunion after the tour, but Journey continued, hiring a new lead singer, Steve Augeri (formerly of Tall Stories), and a new drummer, Bad English's Deen Castronovo, who made their debuts on "Remember Me," a track on the 1998 Armageddon soundtrack. The band next re-convened in 2001. Arrival, Journey's 11th new studio album, was released in April, followed by a national tour.

greenie
01-21-06, 07:02 PM
Wow. Is Steve Perry dead? That's a crying shame.

Must have been a cover band, or not. :gomer:

My sources tell me that those red pants are in the Smithsonian. That's a big museum in DC, by the way. Go ahead, google it up. You're an internet talent. :gomer:

RTKar
01-21-06, 07:25 PM
Michael Andretti :shakehead .......and to think Tony Bettenhausen Jr. died in a plane crash

TKGAngel
01-21-06, 07:29 PM
Steve Perry's not dead yet. According to Wikipedia, he was last seen on the field with the White Sox after their Series win, since the team adopted 'Don't Stop Believin' as their anthem.

Topic: If what y'all say is true, and Mikey's IRL effort is funded mostly, if not entirely by Honda; if/when Honda leaves, Mikey would have to spend his own money to keep the team afloat, regardless of what league its in. If so, it probably would not be the 4 car monstrosity that it is now.

Kind of on topic: I was in Steve and Barry's today, and there was a ton of merchandise with the IRL logo on it. I counted at least three full bins of T-shirts (all different styles) and the two racks of $7.98 faux leather jackets. What does it say about your league if you have to sell merchandise at what amounts to nothing more than a cheap college Tshirt purveyor?

SteveH
01-21-06, 07:32 PM
Pleather jackets seem somehow fitting for a faux racing series, although its over priced at $7.98. :gomer:

And yes, Steve Perry was made an honorary White Sox last fall. I hated that song when it was popular, it hasn't grown on me since then. :thumdown:

Dave99
01-21-06, 08:03 PM
If anyone is surprised to learn that Steve Perry is no longer fronting Journey it may be because Steve Augeri sounds exactly like Perry. VH1 had a Journey reunion thing a few years ago and Steve Perry was all but crying about how the band abandoned him during some real or imagined health issue(s) he had and then went on to say how he never felt like a member of the band, blah, blah, blah... Wtf? :confused:

On topic, FMA. :thumdown: When Honda's bankroll dries up I think he'd be a better fit in Grand Sham than Champ Car. Kind of like the old plumber's axiom... crap flows 2% downhill. :D

G.
01-21-06, 09:55 PM
"Don't Stop, Believing" should be the real anthem for the earl, since it's about prostitutes, and all.

Back to sorta on topic, I would welcome SOME earlistas, but I would have a hard time welcoming Rahole, even with the pleather-clad Danicle.

greenie
01-21-06, 11:46 PM
Steve Perry's not dead yet.

This is so confusing.

:D

On topic (really) those metrosexual AGR boys are perfect for the new earl. I hope they stay there till the bitter end. It is great that Mario's yet again stirring it up. :thumbup:

I thought for sure that Mikey would never put Marco in an earl ride, particularly since he was a vocal leader in killing the CC Texas debaucle and he chickened out of half of the one earl season that he took part in as a driver (the half w/the TX race, coincidentally).

This shows what a spineless twit that Mikey is. Maybe banging wheels w/Montoya in Michigan put the fear into him, but throw Marco into the earl roullette is a new low.

Spicoli
01-22-06, 12:54 AM
This is so confusing.

On topic (really) those metrosexual AGR boys are perfect for the new earl. I hope they stay there till the bitter end. It is great that Mario's yet again stirring it up.
I thought for sure that Mikey would never put Marco in an earl ride, particularly since he was a vocal leader in killing the CC Texas debaucle and he chickened out of half of the one earl season that he took part in as a driver (the half w/the TX race, coincidentally).

This shows what a spineless twit that Mikey is. Maybe banging wheels w/Montoya in Michigan put the fear into him, but throw Marco into the earl roullette is a new low.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

KLang
01-22-06, 10:29 AM
Back to sorta on topic, I would welcome SOME earlistas, but I would have a hard time welcoming Rahole, even with the pleather-clad Danicle.

I would include Fernandez in that group also. :mad:

devilmaster
01-22-06, 08:19 PM
Steve Perry's not dead yet. According to Wikipedia, he was last seen on the field with the White Sox after their Series win, since the team adopted 'Don't Stop Believin' as their anthem.

I watched him sing it acapella. He should be effin dead.... :rofl: