PDA

View Full Version : CCWS and Rotax Max team up

cameraman
01-18-06, 07:04 PM
The new entry level of the CCWS ladder.
They have needed to do this for a long time.

With that in mind, the Champ Car World Series has entered into a three-year partnership with the Rotax Max Challenge, designating Rotax Max as the Official Karting Series of Champ Car. Under the new agreement, the Champ Car Rotax Max Challenge will serve as the first step in the Champ Car driver-development system - a system that includes the all-new Champ Car Atlantic Series as the step directly leading to the 750-hp turbocharged Champ Cars.

"Given that so many of our drivers came up through the karting ranks, it seemed only natural that we would add one of the nation's most competitive karting series to our driver development system," said Champ Car President Steve Johnson. "We look forward to seeing the future stars of our series as they make their way towards racing stardom and we will support their growth every way that we can."

Both series will work to have presence at each other's events, with Champ Car taking show cars and having Champ Car drivers appear at selected Rotax Max events. The Rotax Max series will also have the ability to work with Champ Car in finding space to hold official karting events in conjunction with Champ Car race weekends.

Joe Ramos, President of SSC Racing had this to say about the new alliance: "Champ Car's embrace and support of the ROTAX MAX Challenge validates our commitment of excellence in products and service to the karting industry, for the benefit of driver training and development, as well as competitive event management."

Full press release (http://www.champcarworldseries.com/News/Article.asp?ID=9917)

Spicoli
01-18-06, 08:23 PM
They are nailin it ever step 0 the way. :thumbup:

Trevor Longman
01-18-06, 09:28 PM
Both series will work to have presence at each other's events, with Champ Car taking show cars and having Champ Car drivers appear at selected Rotax Max events. The Rotax Max series will also have the ability to work with Champ Car in finding space to hold official karting events in conjunction with Champ Car race weekends.
Great idea to add karting to the weekends. :thumbup: What tracks would present good racing for both CC and Rotax Max?

cameraman
01-18-06, 09:36 PM
Miller Motorsports park. Kart track adjoining a 4+ mile road course.

In theory (no formal announcement yet that I have seen) The Rotax Max finals will be at MMP this year.

Opposite Lock
01-18-06, 09:59 PM
"Road America is a four-mile permanent road course with fourteen turns outlined by seven miles of access road on 626 acres of land. In addition to the original four-mile course, there is the Briggs & Stratton Motorplex. This .8 mile course with varying terrain and challenging turns (multiple configurations include an oval) challenges drivers in race-prepared karts and riders on Super Motards."

that could work.

rabbit
01-19-06, 09:39 AM
I have a buddy who used to race 250cc endurokarts at Road America.

He says there's nothing like 120 mph flat through the kink while laying on your back with no seat belt or roll cage. :eek:

http://www.ekartingnews.com/NewToKarting/photos/laydown2.jpg

[/thread hijack]

Seriously though, couldn't karts run on the main track at places like San Jose or Houston?

emjaya
01-19-06, 09:48 AM
One of the support races at Surfers Paradise 1992-3? were Karts.They bounced of each other,off the walls,over the bumps in the road,best race of the day. :eek:

I'm not sure what they were, 250ccs I think,but they were very good to watch.
:)

Sean O'Gorman
01-19-06, 06:35 PM
Seriously though, couldn't karts run on the main track at places like San Jose or Houston?

Would you want to crash a kart into a concrete wall at 120 mph?

Easy
01-20-06, 11:03 AM

Paddock space could be an issue. Lot's o little trailers show up for kart races.

rabbit
01-20-06, 11:38 AM
Would you want to crash a kart into a concrete wall at 120 mph?
I wouldn't want to crash a kart into anything at 120 mph. They have walls at Mid-Ohio and Road America and that never stopped karting guys from racing at either of those tracks. (My buddy broke both his legs hitting a wall at Mid-Ohio.)