PDA

View Full Version : Cellphone Ringtones

Wabbit
01-18-06, 02:51 PM
Where is a good place to go to get ringtones for my cellphone? I want to make sure it isn't a place that is going to spam my email or my phone with a bunch of BS after purchasing. I am only looking to get a couple of ringtones, so I don't need a monthly subscription.

vancouver
01-18-06, 03:05 PM
Polyphonic, Monophonic or Real tones?

More than likely, they will send you messages after you purchases usually at your expense.

I usually find some good deals on the net. Still haven't found company that doesn't spam me and charge me £2 a message! :flame:

Wabbit
01-18-06, 03:15 PM
I think I can use all three types.

What really sucks is that I found one I liked, and it isn't available on my phone from Cingular, but I can get it elsewhere. I just don't want the spam.

vancouver
01-18-06, 03:38 PM
What model do you have?

On most cellphones there is WAP. When I download off the net from my phone I dont end up with spams.

rabbit
01-18-06, 04:04 PM
I sent a photo from my phone to my email, then replied with an mp3 of an F1 Ferrari at full song, saved the file to my sounds, and voila, sweet ringer.

Stu
01-18-06, 04:32 PM
I sent a photo from my phone to my email, then replied with an mp3 of an F1 Ferrari at full song, saved the file to my sounds, and voila, sweet ringer.

What kinda phone did you do that with?

KLang
01-18-06, 04:48 PM
Just looked at the File Manager section of my Sony Ericsson. The sound files are either MP3 or MIDI. I think, on this phone at least, any ole MP3 sent as an email attachment could be saved and used as a ringtone.

racer2c
01-18-06, 05:02 PM
Dial 4356 for 50Cents
Dial 4357 for Beyonce
Dial 4358 for Sweet Home Alabama
Dial 4359 for Disturbed

:)

rabbit
01-18-06, 05:53 PM
What kinda phone did you do that with?
LG something-or-other. I don't know the specific model.

rabbit
01-18-06, 05:57 PM
I hosted the file (http://raceweather.homestead.com/files/sounds/ferrari.mp3), if anybody wants it.

WickerBill
01-19-06, 08:13 AM
I think I can use all three types.

What really sucks is that I found one I liked, and it isn't available on my phone from Cingular, but I can get it elsewhere. I just don't want the spam.

My work just forced me to switch from Sprint to Cingular, and Cingular is pretty difficult to work around. Best thing I've found is cellphoneshop.net where I bought the appropriate cable and I just push the ringers to the phone from my PC.

Wabbit
01-19-06, 11:47 AM
I lucked out and found my ringtone. Now here is the funny part.

On Cingular's site, they have this ringtone. They say it's not available for my phone. Smart me goes to WarnerBros.com (which holds the copyright), and downloads it from there. :D

tllips
01-19-06, 12:38 PM
I lucked out and found my ringtone. Now here is the funny part.

On Cingular's site, they have this ringtone. They say it's not available for my phone. Smart me goes to WarnerBros.com (which holds the copyright), and downloads it from there. :D

Let me guess, the ringtone is Elmer Fudd saying "You wascally wabbit" :D

RusH
01-19-06, 02:02 PM

Wabbit (http://209.245.59.124/20ba8dbc-45e0-4248-b6f5-860bba6373d8/dfabi/Hosted/Uploads/2006-01-19/Bugs%20Bunny%20-%20Pitch.mp3)

Wabbit
01-19-06, 03:08 PM

You know me too well. :rofl:

Now who the heck are you? :D

tllips
01-19-06, 04:53 PM
You know me too well. :rofl:

Now who the heck are you? :D

Just a fan of WB and Mel Blanc!

RichK
01-19-06, 05:01 PM
Anyone have luck with the SpeedTV ringtones? They advertised the F1 sound on Barrett-Jackson, and I figured it was worth $1.99.

Every time I try, I get an error from SpeedTV.

Sean O'Gorman
01-19-06, 06:43 PM
What is wrong with "ring, ring"?

Wabbit
01-19-06, 06:52 PM

Because lazy people don't change ringtones, and when a phone rings you see 20 people digging in their pockets not knowing if it is theirs. When my phone rings, I know it's mine. I have never heard a ringtone that was the same as the one I had downloaded at the time.

The only time that comes close to someone having the same ringtone as me, I was watching "Looney Tunes: Back in Action". Jenna Elfman had the same ringtone as mine. :D

Sean O'Gorman
01-19-06, 06:53 PM
I know when my phone is ringing, because it is the only one that simply goes "ring, ring." Then again, until my new phone shows up on Monday, I've been using this for the past 2 years:

http://img.epinions.com/images/opti/f6/27/502884-elec_lg-resized200.jpg

KLang
01-19-06, 06:56 PM

I don't think my current phone even came with a simple 'ring, ring' tone.

SteveH
01-19-06, 07:22 PM
I don't think my current phone even came with a simple 'ring, ring' tone.

And that's the problem. The ring tones on my new cellphone were pretty much like everyone else's. If I wanted to get new ones, I had to purchase them through Cingular. Its a racket. Last year I saw how much money was made on ring tones, it was staggering.

However, my oldest son a had ring tone that sounds like an old phone ringer and with the help of a USB to miniUSB cable and some software that magically appeared on my PC, :gomer: its now in my phone. I've not heard another ring tone like it.