PDA

View Full Version : Firefox and PDFs

rabbit
01-18-06, 04:20 AM
OK, this is really starting to drive me nuts. Everytime I click on a link to a PDF file in Firefox it crashes. I can right-click-save-as and open it directly in Acrobat, but not in Firefox. It doesn't matter which computer I use, work or home or school. Is anyone else having this problem and how can I fix it? It's getting reeeeeaaaalllllyyy old having to restart my browser and figure out where I was. :thumdown:

mapguy
01-18-06, 06:30 AM
OK, this is really starting to drive me nuts. Everytime I click on a link to a PDF file in Firefox it crashes. I can right-click-save-as and open it directly in Acrobat, but not in Firefox. It doesn't matter which computer I use, work or home or school. Is anyone else having this problem and how can I fix it? It's getting reeeeeaaaalllllyyy old having to restart my browser and figure out where I was. :thumdown:

Do you have acrobat reader or the full blown version? I had the same problem. Uninstalled the pro version (as I did not need it anymore) and voila/ Problem is gone.

cart7
01-18-06, 06:57 AM
Same here. I've got the pro version and occasionally I've had problems locking up.

rabbit
01-18-06, 09:19 AM
I had Reader 6.0. Just installed 7.0.5. Problem solved. :thumbup:

Thanks guys.