PDA

View Full Version : Now TG is waving the flag

cameraman
01-17-06, 02:04 PM
Is he supporting the troops or using them as a marketing tool :saywhat: :shakehead

Yellow Ribbon Racing plans to field two cars in the upcoming 2006 IRL season. The livery on these cars will represent the four major branches of our Armed Services. This team will represent the first ever, non-profit professional sports team in history. It's purpose is to show our Troops the support that they undoubtedly deserve.
THE NEED
We believe there is a 'pent-up' demand, both for our citizens to connect personally with our Troops, and for our Troops to receive personal support from someone back home. Our Troops can't see Yellow Ribbon bumper stickers half a world away. Yellow Ribbon Racing provides a 'vehicle' where citizens and Troops can interact in a fun way.

Troops will be able to register on-line for sponsorship, sharing their personal profile, at the same time choosing a charity they wish to support.

Citizens will be able to sponsor one or more Troops on-line, also sharing their personal profile and a letter of support for the Troop(s) they sponsor. Each will receive a Yellow Ribbon Racing Team Crew Shirt, with the Troops name embroidered on the shirt! The charity chosen by the Troop will also benefit from the sponsorship.

The Indianapolis 500 is not only the premier racing event in the world, but it is also the second highest viewed event by our Troops in the field (next only to the SuperBowl).

The Indy racing Leaque (IRL) and the IndyCar Series are pleased to have Yellow Ribbon Racing as a part of the future of our sport. This team will represent a significant statement to race fans throughout the world representing the tremendous support for our Armed Forces and the significant role they have played in the history as well as the future of our sport. Throughout the history of the Indianapolis 500, there has always been a close relationship with the Armed Services through their participation at our race events and especially due to the tradition of the Indianapolis 500 being held on Memorial Day.

As an integral part of the festivities each May we dedicate one entire qualifying weekend to formally honor the Armed Forces. During this weekend all branches of the Armed Forces are represented with personnel and displays including military aircraft and other equipment. The weekend is highlighted by ceremonies officiated by U.S. Senator Richard Lugar inducting new members into each branch of the Armed Forces. The Indianapolis 500 remains the largest single-day sporting event in the world and we believe has the longest history of formally honoring our Armed Forces. Our race fans both present at the track and through media outlets have expressed a deep sense of pride and support deservedly so, for our troops. We are very proud of this heritage and continued affiliation with all branches of the Armed Forces.
We are exited and welcome the efforts of Yellow Ribbon Racing, to field a team of two Armed Services cars in the upcoming season. We know this effort is much more than just about racing. This team will provide a season long experience that will show the overwhelming support that our fans and citizens feel for the men and women who serve us both on foreign soil and here in the United States.

The IRL is assisting Yellow Ribbon Racing with the essentials of developing a team by providing them with the guidance and support necessary to be prepared for the 2006 season. We are exited about Yellow Ribbon Racing's involvement in the sport and anticipate great things from their effort.

We welcome all partners of Yellow Ribbon Racing and appreciate their interest in a marketing partnership with the Indianapolis 500 and the IndyCar Series. We look forward to and will assist in developing an activation plan that will provide measured results based on the partner's identified goals and objectives.

Tony George, President & C.E.O. Indianapolis Motor Speedway

Yellow ribbon racing (http://www.yellowribbonracing.com/index.asp)

TKGAngel
01-17-06, 02:08 PM
He mentions that this team is going to be the first not-for-profit team in racing history. Haven't other IRL teams at least unofficially reached this designation?

I'm kind of saddened by this whole thing. TG is grasping at straws and pulling on patrioitic heart strings at the same time. Its just nuts. :shakehead

EVL29
01-17-06, 02:24 PM
Is this kind of like the Cure Autism Now "team" from a few years back?

rabbit
01-17-06, 02:25 PM
This team will represent the first ever, non-profit professional sports team in history.
*cough* (http://www.teamcan.com/20030404gallery/20030404gallery-Images/6.jpg)

racer2c
01-17-06, 02:25 PM
When I saw the thread title I thought you meant he was waving the white flag of defeat. I knew he wouldn't.

Tony is a tool.

Spicoli
01-17-06, 02:53 PM
WTF? this is all he could come up with for a field filler? :rofl: Good thing those "Mericans are bein supported by JAP engines! LMFAO.

Its funny and sad all at once. So let me get this straight - FTG pulls out Old Glory in an attempt to shift the focus from his pathetic lineup of has-been Homoco funded teams? Dear God, I cannot wait to see how the Gomerati defend this one.

this is amazing. Last week, we got MINDY. This week we get this thinly veiled diversionary attempt at "Patriotism"?

LMFAO. This gets stoopider everytime I look at it. F'in GoTards. :gomer:

Opposite Lock
01-17-06, 02:57 PM
We are exited...

n.
1. The act of going away or out.
2. The departure of a performer from the stage.
3. Death.

v. intr.
To make one's exit; depart.

TKGAngel
01-17-06, 02:57 PM
Is this kind of like the Cure Autism Now "team" from a few years back?

Cure Autism Now is a legitimate not-for-profit known in the world. This TG organization just sounds hokey.

CART T. Katz
01-17-06, 03:02 PM
yellow ribbon sponsorship is the type of sponsorship that really upsets me. personally, i don't believe any major branches of the millitary should sponsor cars. buy a billboard or buy ads in the program or buy ads anywhere you want, but just not on the cars.

i'd say the same thing if the millitary tried sponsoring a champcar as well.

Stu
01-17-06, 03:30 PM
Katz, I don't understand your issue with cars being sponsored by branches of the military. its just another form of advertising for them isnt it?

Spicoli
01-17-06, 04:22 PM
Katz, I don't understand your issue with cars being sponsored by branches of the military. its just another form of advertising for them isnt it?

well, the Air Force is a natural. (sorry - had to do it)

NismoZ
01-17-06, 04:32 PM
How much did the US Postal Service spend on Team Lance? I wouldn't be opposed to a CC team being funded by, say the IRS, entirely by fines collected from tax cheats! They could even sponsor the race nearest to April 15th. What might that event be named?

Spicoli
01-17-06, 04:37 PM
How much did the US Postal Service spend on Team Lance?

I'll take "Tony paid more" for $1000 please. :D

nrc
01-17-06, 04:57 PM
yellow ribbon sponsorship is the type of sponsorship that really upsets me. personally, i don't believe any major branches of the millitary should sponsor cars. buy a billboard or buy ads in the program or buy ads anywhere you want, but just not on the cars.

i'd say the same thing if the millitary tried sponsoring a champcar as well.

The way I read it, it's not the armed services that are doing the sponsoring here. This is Tony George and the IRL holding up our service men like Sally Struthers with some fly riddled third world orphan and asking us to send money under the pretext that we're sponsoring them.

I'm not sure how much of this is Tony and his cronies actually planning to syphon off money on it's way to the troops' chosen charities, and how much of it is just a pretext to put two more Tony-funded cars on the grid. I'm sure that the watchdogs who questioned the Canary Fund will go after the truth on this. We'll see financial reports and press clippings with ever little detail they can ferret out.

If you want to support our troops, there are plenty of charities and social services that you can contribut to that will do just that without channeling the money through Tony George's bank account.

High Sided
01-17-06, 05:39 PM
hmmmmmm, american drivers for the cars?

Spicoli
01-17-06, 06:37 PM
The way I read it, it's not the armed services that are doing the sponsoring here. This is Tony George and the IRL holding up our service men like Sally Struthers with some fly riddled third world orphan and asking us to send money under the pretext that we're sponsoring them.

I'm not sure how much of this is Tony and his cronies actually planning to syphon off money on it's way to the troops' chosen charities, and how much of it is just a pretext to put two more Tony-funded cars on the grid. I'm sure that the watchdogs who questioned the Canary Fund will go after the truth on this. We'll see financial reports and press clippings with ever little detail they can ferret out.

If you want to support our troops, there are plenty of charities and social services that you can contribut to that will do just that without channeling the money through Tony George's bank account.

That makes alot of sense. But how funny is it going to be when nobody donates but TF? He can't even give it away, i'll bet.

IlliniRacer
01-17-06, 07:28 PM
I'm waiting for this guy to start a team:

http://www.antimagnet.com/antimagnet.gif

AntiMagnet (http://www.antimagnet.com)

eiregosod
01-17-06, 07:40 PM
well, the Air Force is a natural. (sorry - had to do it)

:D

"Debris launch Systems" will be used by the AirForce soon ;)

Opposite Lock
01-17-06, 08:53 PM
I'm waiting for this guy to start a team:

http://www.antimagnet.com/antimagnet.gif

AntiMagnet (http://www.antimagnet.com)

that's awesome. :thumbup:

CART T. Katz
01-17-06, 08:58 PM
i just find it sorta weird and disconcerning when any federal agency spends their money on a race team (speaking of the usps team, i don't think they should have spent money on the tour either. maybe stamps wouldn't be so expensive :p ) because i feel that money could be spent on other more important things.

maybe its the libertarian in me.

emjaya
01-17-06, 09:21 PM
Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel : Samuel Johnson 1775.

Cam
01-17-06, 11:31 PM
This is VERY troubeling..... There is NO mention of who the principals are. No mention of the pilots they intend to employ...... Substance and facts are severely lacking right now! This is all right now smoke and mirrors....

matthole
01-18-06, 12:11 AM
It would be cool if this scam is the thing that finally puts FTG into federal pound-me-in-the-ass prison. :D I know, not likely, but it would be nice.

The domain was registered last August apparently, and the info is private. :eek:

Domain Name: YELLOWRIBBONRACING.COM

Administrative Contact :
Yellow Ribbon Racing
qq2qp4ak3k3@networksolutionsprivateregistration.co m
ATTN: YELLOWRIBBONRACING.COM
c/o Network Solutions
P.O. Box 447
Herndon, VA 20172-0447
Phone: 570-708-8780

Technical Contact :
Yellow Ribbon Racing
qq2qp4ak3k3@networksolutionsprivateregistration.co m
ATTN: YELLOWRIBBONRACING.COM
c/o Network Solutions
P.O. Box 447
Herndon, VA 20172-0447
Phone: 570-708-8780

Record expires on 08-Aug-2008
Record created on 08-Aug-2005
Database last updated on 08-Aug-2005

:saywhat:

Spicoli
01-18-06, 08:45 AM
It would be cool if this scam is the thing that finally puts FTG into federal pound-me-in-the-ass prison. :D I know, not likely, but it would be nice.

The domain was registered last August apparently, and the info is private. :eek:

:saywhat:

Maybe Geen-0 Ki$$-0 tossed it in with the 14 mill deali0??? :rofl:

Cam
01-18-06, 09:38 AM
WOW! This news doesn't even rate a sentence out of the Star/Cavein! (http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?Category=SPORTS01) Obscurity really must be bliss..... :shakehead

Methanolandbrats
01-18-06, 09:41 AM
The principles are Mari's bank account and FTG's pen. This whole thing is truely disgusting. The tard thinks nobody will laugh at this because the military is involved, well guess what, they will laugh because the military is'nt involved, it's just another stupid scheme to prop up the IRL. Jerk.

Boatdesigner
01-18-06, 02:16 PM
I thought the Green Bay packers were the first non-profit sports team!

pchall
01-18-06, 03:12 PM
The principles are Mari's bank account and FTG's pen. This whole thing is truely disgusting. The tard thinks nobody will laugh at this because the military is involved, well guess what, they will laugh because the military is'nt involved, it's just another stupid scheme to prop up the IRL. Jerk.

This "team" is, of course, at best distasteful and at worst fraudulent. Business as usual for the IRL.

Cam
01-18-06, 03:20 PM
This "team" is, of course, at best distasteful and at worst fraudulent. Business as usual for the IRL.

JW, is that you????? :saywhat: ;)

oddlycalm
01-18-06, 05:38 PM
just a pretext to put two more Tony-funded cars on the grid Bingo. Nothing more than cover for fielding a couple no-sponsor grid fillers. The patriotic theme is blatant pandering and they could just as well say Clabber Girl or Tony George on the side. :thumdown:

oc

Rocketdoc
01-18-06, 06:22 PM

"The tard thinks ...."

An absolute master of our Motherland's language.

matthole
01-18-06, 07:28 PM
Maybe Geen-0 Ki$$-0 tossed it in with the 14 mill deali0??? :rofl:

:gomer: Nope. This deal is extry Tonybux$$$, unrelated to the 'rape of Mindy' that is Genes' hoovering of Antons' 'marketing budget'.

Registrant: Make this info private
SIMMONS, GENE **

PO BOX 807
PINE BROOK, NJ 07058-0807
US

Domain Name: IAMINDY.COM

Administrative Contact , Technical Contact :
SIMMONS, GENE **
kissoffice@aol.com
PO BOX 807
PINE BROOK, NJ 07058-0807
US
Phone: 123 123 1234
Fax: 123 123 1234

Record expires on 20-Nov-2008
Record created on 20-Nov-2005
Database last updated on 20-Nov-2005

(Unrelated, sort of, but if the $14mil figure for Gene $immon$ is true, that's more than FTG wanted to pay to 'unify' at the bk hearing!! :saywhat: )

Spicoli
01-18-06, 07:59 PM
:gomer: Nope. This deal is extry Tonybux$$$, unrelated to the 'rape of Mindy' that is Genes' hoovering of Antons' 'marketing budget'.

(Unrelated, sort of, but if the $14mil figure for Gene $immon$ is true, that's more than FTG wanted to pay to 'unify' at the bk hearing!! :saywhat: )

yo. Matthole in the house.

Man, you are really good at the inertWebs. Like huntin down gomers.

He's gunna sell him that site too, eh? I cannot for the life 0 me figger out why that gotard makes all this a good deal for 14 mil. fuggin nutso, I tell ya.

Rocketdoc
01-19-06, 02:07 AM
Even if I did not have a predisposition about Tony George, I think I would hate this clown anyway, but this sucker really stinks now.

This is no different from politicians using our military as a crutch.

This ignorant snake should really be ashamed of himself; and anyone that goes along with him.

Lizzerd
01-19-06, 02:52 AM
This ignorant snake should really be ashamed of himself; and anyone that goes along with him.

:laugh: You know what the chances are of that, right?

About the same as:

- Sprouting a third eye in my forehead
- $.50 gallon of gasoline
- Asteroid striking Carmel, IN (in FTG's back yard)
- Pigs that fly
- Monkeys elected to congress (oh, wait, never mind...)
- Toro Rosso winning at Monaco in '06
- A.J. Foyt starting a Champ Car team
- Brian Brainfart telling the truth about anything Earl
- Me giviing up beer

Need I go on?

FTG has shamed himself so many times, made a fool of himself so many times, and he just doesn't realize it. Somehow, I feel sorry for billionaire-boy. Sometimes I wonder if he actually has any real friends that aren't on his payroll. Like people who like him for the person he really is, not for the power he has or what he inheirited. I also wonder if he has any friends that he likes because of who they really are, and not for what they can do for him and his ego. I'd like to have his money, but it's got to be a sad thing to be him.