PDA

View Full Version : I just read this

trish
01-16-06, 10:29 PM
At Autoracing1.com under Rumors

What’s up with Rocketsports? The rumor mill is saying that Rocketsports has sold their transporters so we wonder what is going on with the team. Communication with the team has so far gone unanswered. Are they buying new transporters or are they selling their assets? Why is Montagny testing with PKV instead of Rocketsports? Hmm.....

And this

New Champ Car to be viewed by press in July or August

And this

New Atlantic car preview on February 14 in Los Angeles

fourrunner
01-16-06, 11:02 PM
I wonder if this is the Old Newspaper trick, where you are suspicious of something happening, you call for a clarification, get no answer, so you print the suspicion hoping to draw out the principles to answer, before the rumor grows out of control !

Hmmmm !

Spicoli
01-17-06, 01:34 AM
At Autoracing1.com under Rumors

And this

New Champ Car to be viewed by press in July or August

And this

New Atlantic car preview on February 14 in Los Angeles
http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showthread.php?t=9669 :p

Rocketdoc
01-17-06, 02:06 AM
I posited this before the next to the last race of the ChampCar season.

'I wouldn't be surprised if Finlay Motorsports buys Rockersports.'

Maybe... maybe not.

Easy
01-17-06, 10:52 AM
Montagny: let's see, offer to test Rocketsports 6 year old flexi-flyer or go for a run with PKV... No contest.

AR1 is slightly more credible than zer0

KLang
01-17-06, 11:09 AM
Someone posted over at gomerville that the transporter being sold is the Trans Am transporter.

Jervis Tetch 1
01-17-06, 01:07 PM
Someone posted over at gomerville that the transporter being sold is the Trans Am transporter.I saw that. Boy do they get hard-ons over the silliest things. :gomer:

KLang
01-17-06, 01:14 PM
I saw that. Boy do they get hard-ons over the silliest things. :gomer:

Yep, all Champ Car, all the time. My current favorite is the 14 page thread about the new Atlantic cars. :rofl:

extramundane
01-17-06, 02:08 PM
I posited this before the next to the last race of the ChampCar season.

'I wouldn't be surprised if Finlay Motorsports buys Rockersports.'

Maybe... maybe not.

I would think Finlay's expansion to 2 cars in GA (and Rob himself driving full time) would put the kibosh on that.

Not that he couldn't afford it.

Spicoli
01-17-06, 03:05 PM
blah blah blah ......slightly more credible than zer0

Where's that doodle's website? does he still have it? Time for a bombing run.

Rocketdoc
01-17-06, 09:35 PM
I would think Finlay's expansion to 2 cars in GA (and Rob himself driving full time) would put the kibosh on that.

Not that he couldn't afford it.

You're probably right, but my son is pretty good buddies with Michael McDowell (fellow race instructors for some time, Michael hit the lottery with Finlay, Pete hasn’t as yet.) and he said that he wouldn't be surprised if Finlay would buy Rocketsports last year, and that may have come from Michael, I really don't know.

However, I do think that they are enthralled with ChampCar in addition to the GA effort, and as you said, it is not that they could not afford it.

fourrunner
01-18-06, 01:12 AM
To respond to the first "rumor" from AR1

Paul Gentilozzi has responded over at CCF that he Sold his Ultra Comp transporters in order to buy Featherlites which is a "Series Sponsor" , a promise he made when "Featherlite" came onboard ... There is NO impending Sale or Liquidation of Rocketsports ...

So endeth that Rumor !

trish
01-18-06, 08:13 AM
That's great news!

Spicoli
01-18-06, 08:38 AM
To respond to the first "rumor" from AR1

Paul Gentilozzi has responded over at CCF that he Sold his Ultra Comp transporters in order to buy Featherlites which is a "Series Sponsor" , a promise he made when "Featherlite" came onboard ... There is NO impending Sale or Liquidation of Rocketsports ...

So endeth that Rumor !

The world needs ditch diggers too son.

fourrunner
01-18-06, 09:02 AM
The world needs ditch diggers too son.

I detect a vague metaphor ! :)

Easy
01-18-06, 12:04 PM
Where's that doodle's website? does he still have it? Time for a bombing run.

champcarfan.com I think.