PDA

View Full Version : Glock Says Down To 2?

NismoZ
01-16-06, 08:19 PM
SPEED announces...Another "targets ChampCar"...with DHL sponsorship it sounds like Timo wants "a top" team in ChampCar this season. I'm guessing that leaves out Rocketsports. PKV has more than it can handle now and latest word is they'll only run a 2-car effort anyway. Soooo....does that mean N/H, who announced a Sebring test in a couple of weeks, will be the expansion team? Forsythe? CC needs DHL, and I sure like Glock. (PS-The GP2 thing didn't go so well, I guess. Good... stay here Timo!)

Spicoli
01-16-06, 08:29 PM
Rocketspurts sucks. They should just fold. go away. No one wants you here you big losers. :gomer:

I vote for:

4 cars N/H
4 cars Forsythe
4 cars Rusport
2 MiJacks
2 Coynes
2 Team MexiBilly /Fred the Entertainer or whatever
2 BRING BACK ASTJ! :)

( MISS THE JIMMY CAR )

NismoZ
01-16-06, 08:34 PM
Hmmm...do you think PKV decided to take Servia and keep him happy while Haas "agrees" to do a 3-car, since KK is already spreading $$ all over the series? Carl always said he'd do a 3rd car "if the sponsorship is there." This fits, I think. "I'll pay Servia, you get sponsorship and run another car"? Heard they were "measuring up" the shop (for expansion?) in Lincolnshire quite a few weeks ago. I'm easy to please, just make sure Servia, Glock, daMatta, Pantano, Montagny and Lyons all get rides by '07! :) Legge, Briscoe and Manning! :eek: That's it, lengthen the pits and rent another Fed Ex Jumbo Jet!

NismoZ
01-16-06, 08:42 PM
My bet is King Carl really liked the way Glock and Servia went at it in Montreal. If he can get Timo a lot cheaper than daMatta, which is likely, then that's the guy he'd want. If history is any indication, Carl gets first pick! I hear the next Sebring test is likely to "expand" though I think only N/H has announced. I would like to see Forsythe crank one up for somebody. Gerry said HE'D do 3 with sponsorship, too. But, we need PG in the series for those great head-shaking pit interviews! :)

Winston Wolfe
01-17-06, 03:19 PM
Car counts arent that important this year.... once again, we just have to get through another year, so we can get to the new chassis....
btw:I just love it how N-Z responds to his own threads... and updates his reply to his own posts.....I'd love to have that kind of enthusiasm.... or time. ;)

NismoZ
01-17-06, 04:10 PM
:D Yep, always had the enthusiasm...now I have the time, too! I just keep thinking of stuff! Find it difficult to hibernate in the off season, 'specially in an off season with so much promise! Go CC.

pchall
01-17-06, 05:41 PM
Car counts arent that important this year.... once again, we just have to get through another year, so we can get to the new chassis....

I've been thinking that car counts are very important for 2006. Champ Car needs to look like a growing and vibrant series while the IRL dwindles.

NismoZ
01-17-06, 07:52 PM
I'm hearing only 18 again... only 2 for PKV from the rumored 3, PERHAPS 3 for Team Australia, someone said Rocketsports was selling transporters! (Trans Am??) Haas only does 3 with 2/3-full funding, silence from FCR,...as always the determining factor is sponsorship cash. Yes car counts are important but with the impending chassis change with no carry-over I don't think we can expect any new teams and without more sponsorship we probably can't expect more cars...until '07. That'll be the biggie. Be interesting to see who tests at Sebring next week. (especially for N/H)

gjc2
01-17-06, 10:19 PM
I've been thinking that car counts are very important for 2006. Champ Car needs to look like a growing and vibrant series while the IRL dwindles.

I agree. I was hoping to see at least 20 cars on the grid this year.

Winston Wolfe
01-18-06, 12:56 AM

Sure, but at what cost to the ownership ?

No one is going to pay what it costs to run a season with an outoging chassis and spares, when you know full well that '07, its an all new ballgame.
I think you'll see a number of Atlantics making the switch to CCWS next year, with new sponsors, etc...

Car counts are always important, perhaps it would have been better to say, I dont have expectations for a dramatic increase in car count, given the circumstances. I do have high hopes that '07 brings significant change in all areas for a healthier CCWS.

NismoZ
01-18-06, 06:46 PM
Now even McLaren's Pedro DeLa Rosa is saying he wants to do ChampCar by '07. He's resigned to the fact that he is 34 not 20 but he still wants to race. F-1 looks less likely with the passing of each "test" session. I think he and a few others might be thinking the same thing. Nice to have really good drivers but I think ChampCar may have to look more responsibly now to the Atlantic series for continued overall credibility. Not a closed series, mind you, but drivers looking AHEAD to ChampCar not as a filler or final fling. I think PKV, Forsythe, Mi-Jack and Newman/Wachs and others have just that in mind!

NismoZ
01-18-06, 07:19 PM
Keep Richard Lyons in mind. In a recent interview (SPEED) he says his "heart is with ChampCar" but knows money is tight and may have to wait until '07. Doesn't want to do the HRL, might like to try Grand Am or the Aussie V-8s and figures to run a few F-Nippon if nothing else opens up. Hope he gets another CC test soon.

NismoZ
01-20-06, 11:23 AM
Lewis Hamilton announced at ART GP2 with Premat...hope this means Glock/DHL will remain in ChampCar...Bourdais-Bruno-Timo? :)

NismoZ
01-24-06, 09:55 AM
On again off again Antonio Pizzonia says ChampCar is his future (or IRL!...he's getting desperate) but he needs to bring money. Join the club. Sounds like he's had it with F-1 (or they with him) Hoover Orsi is saying pretty much the same thing. At least he gets to do Brazilian stock cars if nothing pans out. I think the upcoming round of Sebring tests will pretty much seal the fate of most of the hopefuls. Hope some can get in for '07. Let's go for a quality 26, Gerry!

cameraman
01-24-06, 02:17 PM
Prior to the loss of their backing HVM was really an up and coming team. I would think that Glock could do well there if the DHL money is enough to take up where Herdez left off.

NismoZ
01-25-06, 11:12 PM
PKV (Montagny, Legge?) and N/H (Bruno...Glock?) will test over the next couple of days at Sebring, then Forsythe. Guesses? I've forgotten, Capello just did a 1:47+ in the R-10, what did Bruno do last year on the full course? 1:43s?