PDA

View Full Version : CART/F1 Doubleheader in LBGP future?

pchall
03-25-03, 11:06 AM
When asked about a return to LB by F1 athe the town meeting last night, Pook made a rather obllique response about the weather looking fine in the future.

Since I don't think LB is going to do TWO weekends a year, is it likely that CART and F1 might run on the same weekend some time soon?

Gurneyflap
03-25-03, 05:26 PM
Yeah. I recently suggested that using Road America as the venue. It turns my stomach. ANYwhere. (Unless of course a struggling F-1 wants to run their warm-up race on Saturday!)

Lizzerd
03-25-03, 06:39 PM
F1 and CART on the same weekend at the same venue would be a dream come true for me, and I'd travel the world to see it happen. Don't get your hopes up for it happening at USGP as long as it's at IMS, though.

RaceChic
03-25-03, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Lizzerd
F1 and CART on the same weekend at the same venue would be a dream come true for me, and I'd travel the world to see it happen. Don't get your hopes up for it happening at USGP as long as it's at IMS, though.

Tickets for two, please!!!!!!:) :p :)

FortyOneFord
03-26-03, 01:06 AM
Well, they will have the F1 historics there this year. I can't wait to get some pics of some of the great cars of the past.

It does sound like Pook is in the loop about trying to get F1 out of IMS and to the left coast. 2 seperate CART/F1 race weekends would be better, though, IMHO. I'd attend both.

dirtyboy
03-26-03, 01:27 AM
F1 at Long Beach would kick the most ass in history, the second thing that used to be the most kick ass thing would get its ass kicked by the total kick ass thing like F1 in Long Beach.

The great thing about Long Beach is the atmosphere in and outside of the track. When you are at Long Beach you know you are at both a race and party. I know it wont happen but I can always dream.