PDA

View Full Version : Ok, Thats it Hollywood!

racer2c
01-15-06, 02:28 PM
I've had it with your lack of original ideas! The final straw? I just saw a commercial for the upcoming movie The Pink Panther starring Steve Martin.

I like Steve, but this has gone too far! I'm starting my own Hollywood.

Any aspiring actresses can audition directly to me. :)

Sorry Peter. :(

dando
01-15-06, 02:55 PM
I've had it with your lack of original ideas! The final straw? I just saw a commercial for the upcoming movie The Pink Panther starring Steve Martin.

I like Steve, but this has gone too far! I'm starting my own Hollywood.

Any aspiring actresses can audition directly to me. :)

Sorry Peter. :(
Dukes of Hazard wasn't enough to prove this to ya? :gomer: Heck, re-making The Pink Panther w/Steve Martin is a helluva lot better than the upcoming CHiPs movie. :shakehead

Hollywood is out of ideas isn't just a FARK tag, ya know.

-Kevin

racer2c
01-15-06, 03:32 PM
Dukes of Hazard wasn't enough to prove this to ya? :gomer: Heck, re-making The Pink Panther w/Steve Martin is a helluva lot better than the upcoming CHiPs movie. :shakehead

Hollywood is out of ideas isn't just a FARK tag, ya know.

-Kevin

True, true, but I gave the Dukes movie little regard due to the fact that the so called stars were a B list pop singer and a guy who is semi-famous for stapling his scrodum.

I would have thought Steve Martin would have had more integrity, but then he did make Cheaper by the Dozen 2. :)

dando
01-15-06, 04:02 PM
I would have thought Steve Martin would have had more integrity, but then he did make Cheaper by the Dozen 2. :)
Well, there's that and then there's Eugene Levy whoring himself out for American Pie IV Band Camp, straight to DVD. :saywhat:

It's no wonder the studios are taking a major hit @ the box office.

-Kevin

Paintergeek
01-15-06, 05:27 PM
I had enough years ago, But 'the Honeymooners' put me over the top. That, and Curious George movie is coming up soon too...........

DjDrOmusic
01-15-06, 05:29 PM
Any actor who thinks he's good enough to remake Sgt. Bilko, certainly isn't going to bow to the comedic genius of Peter Sellers. I have seen the trailers and all the other little clips trying to get people excitied about this Pink Panther debacle, and I can only imagine Peter rolling in his grave. I think it's very telling as to what the studio really thinks about this as they have changed the release date at least twice that I know of, they're deliberately trying to keep it away from any other movie opening.

TKGAngel
01-15-06, 06:20 PM
I'm scared for the Miami Vice remake starring Colin Farrell and Jamie Fox. Rumor has it that the two of them cant get along and the script stinks.

Andrew Longman
01-15-06, 06:43 PM
Feel free to tell me to get a life, but I gave up on Hollywood years ago.

Reality is far better than thier fantasy. That's why I prefer Champ cars, Yankees and Giants. :D

On the little screen I'll watch something from Hollywood, but it likely to be 20 years old

Mr. Toad
01-15-06, 09:23 PM
You people talk like remakes are a recent development.

Stella Dallas (1937)
Stella Dallas (1925)

By the same producer no less, Samuel Goldwyn.
http://www.cobbles.com/simpp_archive/images/goldwyn-early.jpg

devilmaster
01-15-06, 09:27 PM
Reality is far better than thier fantasy. That's why I prefer Champ cars, Yankees and Giants. :D

Huh? Since when has Steinbrenner's personal soap opera ever been reality?!?!?!? ;)

racer2c
01-15-06, 10:20 PM

Stella Dallas (1937)
Stella Dallas (1925)

I'd like to see a remake of King Kong. Bad monkey!

Three is not enough. :)

DjDrOmusic
01-15-06, 11:27 PM

Stella Dallas (1937)
Stella Dallas (1925)

http://www.cobbles.com/simpp_archive/images/goldwyn-early.jpg

Remakes aren't bad, unless they shouldn't be attempted. And I believe that The Pink Panther falls into that category. There are just some things that should be left alone, like Gone With The Wind, Casablanca, etc. Look at what happened when Sylvester Stallone got the idea to remake Grand Prix!!

fourrunner
01-16-06, 01:02 AM
I saw the extended preview of "The Pink Panther" while watching King Kong

Now I like Steve Martin, in fact I love Steve Martin... But I was dumbfounded with this inane impersonation of a French Detective ...I squirmed in my seat ... No one can do Clouseau better than Peter Sellers, and Sellers was Classic in all the episodes ...

Steve Martin should have turned this one down flat... but I'm sure the Paycheck was too Big to refuse ( God knows He needs the Money) ;)

Lizzerd
01-16-06, 02:13 AM
As Dj Doc said, Peter Sellers was a comedic genius. Steve Martin, though talented, is no Peter Sellers. His brand of comedy is to be an idiot. The Pink Panther series of movies were all great and boo to Hollywood for even attempting to reproduce one of them.

Can you imagine a Dr. Strangelove remake with Martin playing the roles Sellers played? Actually, I can't imagine any Stanley Kubrick film being redone, but that's another thread, I guess. If you haven't seen it, check it out somehow. Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb. One of the greatest movies of all time, IMHO.

JohnHKart
01-16-06, 06:43 AM
Unless it's something like the Aviator, (which I know wasn't the world's greatest movie but was aviation related and I've always been interested in Howard Hughes) or the Motorcycle Diaries (which was a great movie) then I'm not going. It's been like that for most of the last 13 years for me. The fact that Hollywood keeps remaking everything I've already seen seals the deal for me. I'll stay home and watch History Channel or practice music, or go to the gym or sit here on the net.

John

Andrew Longman
01-16-06, 10:27 AM
Huh? Since when has Steinbrenner's personal soap opera ever been reality?!?!?!? ;)

that's fair. The early 90s when he was banned were great and he learned to keep his mouth shut up until about four years ago and that has a lot to do with their recent failures.

Cashman threatened to leave unless George and the Tampa mafia butt out. Let's see if they keep their promise.

oddlycalm
01-16-06, 08:15 PM
What I'm waiting for is a great re-make of a really crappy original.... :gomer:

oc

Ankf00
01-16-06, 09:10 PM
Italian Job was a pretty good remake :)

King Kong wasn't so shabby either.

Stu
01-16-06, 11:02 PM
If Italian Job was a good remake, then so was Oceans Eleven. :thumbup:

racer2c
01-17-06, 12:26 AM

And with which we would not have been privlaged to experience the awesomeness of Oceans 12. The one where Julia Roberts talks the writters into making the charachter...her! :cry:

I won't be able to tell anyone how Jacksons Kong is as I will never see it. I saw the first two and I know how it ends. At least we got to see Jessica Langes breast in Bad Monkey 2. Now if DeNiro threw the the monkey suit on... :)

Ankf00
01-17-06, 12:37 AM

you prefer prison break to arrested development, nuff said :gomer: