PDA

View Full Version : 'splain me this

Andrew Longman
01-14-06, 10:42 AM
Don't ask me how, but I stumbled on on this http://indymotorspeedway.com/95letter.htm

I am perplexed. Really

TG never intended to compete with CART?

He just wanted to get along?

He just wanted CART teams to run his series too so there would be more ovals for oval fans?

How does that secure cars for the 500 and control over IMS?

He understands that CART is free to compete in the open market, but doesn't want to run his own business that way? Yet he wants to respond to threats in the market by controlling a supply as cars?

Try as I do, I can't see the logic of his own argument. At best it is naive or just stupid. At worst it is a lie. Either way not good public relations.

Spicoli
01-14-06, 11:16 AM
The man is just that f***ing stupid.

simple as that. :thumbup:

cart7
01-14-06, 11:17 AM
Don't ask me how, but I stumbled on on this http://indymotorspeedway.com/95letter.htm

I am perplexed. Really

He just wanted CART teams to run his series too so there would be more ovals for oval fans?

He understands that CART is free to compete in the open market, but doesn't want to run his own business that way? Yet he wants to respond to threats in the market by controlling a supply as cars?

Try as I do, I can't see the logic of his own argument. At best it is naive or just stupid. At worst it is a lie. Either way not good public relations.

It was a lie. All BS the lemmings lapped up like cream.

Cam
01-14-06, 11:18 AM
Easy --------> Just say no to drugs! :shakehead

fourrunner
01-14-06, 11:22 AM
I'm trying to figure out where CART emasculated the Month of May ...

"It breaks my heart when I see CART drivers quoted as saying the "500" is "just another race," and I can't count the number of CART owners who have stated on various occasions that they would prefer to emasculate the month of May, and instead re-make the greatest automobile race meeting in the world into a single-weekend event. I would be ashamed if we let that happen here. It would be an incalculable loss for both the world of racing and the local community. "

So Tony WHERE IS THIS SHAME you speak about ???

Didn't the "eventual" restructuring (diluting) of the Month of May come as directive from IMS ? It might have been a shame to have to happen, but only Tony could do that !

Tony expected a Full Blown Acceptance of the IRL at its inception ... When it didn't happen, he had to explain away his reasons as CART's fault ...

Virtually everything in this article has changed or been proven a lie since it was written....

I can't believe Tony has the attention span to write such a long article ...

He may have signed it ! .. Write it ? .. No !!

Come On Tony ... Admit it ... The Whole reason you started the IRL was to eventually get to Smooze with Gene Simmons !! ;)

Andrew Longman
01-14-06, 12:21 PM
If TG welcomed all racers then why wasn't he upset that NASCAR and F1 didn't keep their schedule open the month of May and ran different specs?

Because he understood they were busy taking care of their own business?

It isn't really clear from his letter what he thought his endgame was. Certainly he didn't expect the IRL season to stay at five races for long. If he expanded the schedule he really couldn't expect CART to keep accomodating the IRL schedule.

If he kept it at five races that's not really viable as a series, nor would it secure a field for the 500.

So was he thinking these five oval races (that he controlled) would get absorbed into CART eventually and he would get the say within the CART structure/board that he sought?

devilmaster
01-14-06, 12:32 PM
Andrew - stop trying to understand the actions - understand the man, and the actions will explain themselves.

I've said it before and i'll say it again. This is how I see Tony.

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-megalomania.htm

Andrew Longman
01-14-06, 12:41 PM
Andrew - stop trying to understand the actions - understand the man, and the actions will explain themselves.

I've said it before and i'll say it again. This is how I see Tony.

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-megalomania.htm

I'm pretty convinced you are right

But when people say stuff in public, and others let them, and other people believe what's being said, usually it is internally logical and consistent (even if it is a lie, wrong, stupid or said by a megalomaniac).

From his letter I just can't see what he wanted me to believe other than its CARTs fault the 500 was messed up. Everything he says to support it is logical.

NismoZ
01-14-06, 01:30 PM
Indy wasn't messed up, but it sure is now!

Rocketdoc
01-14-06, 05:16 PM

I am perplexed. Really

First, Anton couldn't put that many coherent words together, period. Someone else wrote the manifesto and it probably took many hours for the author to explain it to “Anton”.

Second, he is “stupid, naïve, and yes, it is a lie.

You are perceptive in recognizing the incongruities in the whole article.

Rocketdoc
01-14-06, 05:18 PM
I'm trying to figure out where CART emasculated the Month of May ...

"It breaks my heart when I see CART drivers quoted as saying the "500" is "just another race," and I can't count the number of CART owners who have stated on various occasions that they would prefer to emasculate the month of May, and instead re-make the greatest automobile race meeting in the world into a single-weekend event. I would be ashamed if we let that happen here. It would be an incalculable loss for both the world of racing and the local community. "

So Tony WHERE IS THIS SHAME you speak about ???

Didn't the "eventual" restructuring (diluting) of the Month of May come as directive from IMS ? It might have been a shame to have to happen, but only Tony could do that !

"Come On Tony ... Admit it ... The Whole reason you started the IRL was to eventually get to Smooze with Gene Simmons !!"

Probably, to sleep with Richard Simmons....
Tony expected a Full Blown Acceptance of the IRL at its inception ... When it didn't happen, he had to explain away his reasons as CART's fault ...

Virtually everything in this article has changed or been proven a lie since it was written....

I can't believe Tony has the attention span to write such a long article ...

He may have signed it ! .. Write it ? .. No !!

Come On Tony ... Admit it ... The Whole reason you started the IRL was to eventually get to Smooze with Gene Simmons !! ;)

Or sleep with Richard Simmons....

Cam
01-14-06, 06:21 PM
Indy wasn't messed up, but it sure is now!

Bingo! :thumbup:

EDwardo
01-14-06, 06:33 PM
I think it had something to do with a "fiction coefficient".

Steve99
01-16-06, 03:24 PM
"I don't know."

RacinM3
01-16-06, 03:29 PM

If:

(A) is "At best it is naive or just stupid"

and

(B) is "At worst it is a lie"

then I pick (C) - all of the above.

DagoFast
01-16-06, 05:32 PM
I think it had something to do with a "fiction coefficient".

That's either one of the funniest spelling errors ever, the Fruedian slip of the year, or your even funnier than Bif! :thumbup:

Jervis Tetch 1
01-17-06, 01:15 PM
Easy --------> Just say no to drugs! :shakeheadAh, but TG didn't.