PDA

View Full Version : Manning targets Champ Car return

nrc
01-14-06, 01:45 AM
"I am going back to the United States next week to talk to some Champ Car teams about a deal and it will be good to go back to road courses rather than doing those round-and-round things."

http://www.tsn.ca/auto_racing/news_story.asp?id=150600

TravelGal
01-14-06, 01:50 AM
Quote:
"I am going back to the United States next week to talk to some Champ Car teams about a deal and it will be good to go back to road courses rather than doing those round-and-round things."

I knew I liked that lad. :thumbup:

edit: Let's start a rumor that he'll be at PKV. So far, he's the only one they've missed.

theunions
01-14-06, 04:25 AM
I'd still like to know why he hasn't tested for PKV when he's shadowed them (at their invitation) almost ever since Chip canned him.

NismoZ
01-14-06, 01:07 PM
From what I'm seeing a LOT of people are "targeting" ChampCar. Trouble is, as always, there are way more good drivers than rides. Briscoe? Pantano? Lyons? Montagny? Zwolsman? Heylen? Weirdheim? a Sperifico? Heck, we don't even know if daMatta has a place to land that will suit him. My long-term dream is a 24 car grid by '08-09!

RHR_Fan
01-14-06, 01:33 PM
I really, really, really, really, really would LOVE to see Darren back in CC!! I hope he gets it or at least is given the opportunity to test a car.

I read in the article that there's a seat open at Mi-Jack. So who's gone: NP or AR? I like both of 'em...

~Nicole

formulaben
01-15-06, 11:50 PM
If only the new chassis was here...just imagine the possibilities.

racer2c
01-16-06, 12:20 AM
http://www.tsn.ca/auto_racing/news_story.asp?id=150600

Clever thread title nrc.

Manning seems to think in very simplistic terms.

"If I do Champ Cars this year, win every race and the championship and then get some phone calls from F1, we will obviously take them and put those on the table..."

Well....duh. :gomer:

grungex
01-16-06, 10:14 AM
Ummm, I'd bet he was being facetious. :D

racer2c
01-16-06, 02:13 PM
Ummm, I'd bet he was being facetious. :D

One would assume.

Steve99
01-16-06, 03:33 PM
Clever thread title nrc.

Went right over my head until now. :gomer:

oddlycalm
01-16-06, 08:27 PM
From what I'm seeing a LOT of people are "targeting" ChampCar. Trouble is, as always, there are way more good drivers than rides. Hopefully we're only a year away from some more seats opening up. As many have said, the chances of new teams investing in the current Lolas is remote, but the new 2007 package has a lot of teams looking. If they can come close to duplicating the frenzy in Atlantics it will open up some seats.

Getting a credible broadcast production and an even more affordable car should help get sponsors on board.

oc

NismoZ
01-16-06, 08:47 PM
YESS! (Have to say I was hoping for Lingner, but...?)

sundaydriver2
01-17-06, 12:58 AM
Manning seems to think in very simplistic terms.

Kinda like this?

http://www.petermoore.net/sftb/images/readers_africa/bar_closed.jpg

Jervis Tetch 1
01-17-06, 01:11 PM
It would be nice if he returned.