PDA

View Full Version : Houston We Have Good News

NismoZ
01-12-06, 08:35 PM
Announced only 60 days ago the champCar Grand Prix of Houston is receiving fan and business support that is "over the top!" Adjustments have already been made to provide more grandstand seating and hospitality. This according to Chuck Kosich race general manager. Officials in Dallas and San Antonio have taken note and have indicated they may want an event of their own. Could a "Pacific Rim Swing" be supplemented with a "Texas Tour" someday? We don't need no steenking ANthem! :thumbup:

Wheel-Nut
01-12-06, 11:03 PM
Tickets go on sale on the 17th of this month.

Mark521
01-13-06, 09:39 AM
We got a ticket renewal letter in the mail earlier this week saying we could buy tickets at 10% off. I just can't decide which race I want to go to, Houston or Long Beach.

Winston Wolfe
01-13-06, 11:46 AM
We got a ticket renewal letter in the mail earlier this week saying we could buy tickets at 10% off. I just can't decide which race I want to go to, Houston or Long Beach.

I can tell ya, after being to LBGP every year since '86.... there are few things that signal the beginning of Spring, the racing season, and bikini weather better than the LBGP. The city rolls out the welcome mat for out of towners and the race has plenty of good vantage points.
Houston will be a good race, but I have only been to the city in the late summer and fall, and the only thing I can say is: traffic and humidity.

KLang
01-13-06, 12:00 PM
traffic and humidity.

That is pretty much Houston year round. ;)

Wheel-Nut
01-13-06, 12:50 PM
99f with 99% Humidity builds character! Perfect weather for throwing something on the grill.

TravelGal
01-14-06, 02:07 AM
^^^^ I hear Ank has invited us all for BBQ and beer. ;)

theunions
01-14-06, 04:28 AM

Do both. That's my plan, and only twice since I started attending CART races in '96 have I hit more than one per season.

Rocketdoc
01-14-06, 04:47 PM
99f with 99% Humidity builds character! Perfect weather for throwing something on the grill.

Move to New Jersey, and you get chemicals in the air too....

NismoZ
01-28-06, 08:45 AM
Info from the original post seems to be true. Not wanting to be "left without" the Indy Star is reporting San Antonio and ol' Joe Heitzler are seeking an HRL street festival there for '07. Their vision continues to develop.