pchall
03-24-03, 11:09 PM
the link is on cart.com

win http://www.champcarworldseries.com/Content/livestreams/townmeeting.asx

real
http://www.champcarworldseries.com/Content/livestreams/townmeeting.ram

Ziggy
03-24-03, 11:18 PM
Like they care. When the chips were down, and it was all doom and gloom, where did they have it? Columbus. Mid Ohio fans came out in droves to show support.

What has been the big stink of the week? Losing Mid Ohio

Why bother, unless you have money tacked to your head, I dont think they give a crap.

Ziggy

chop456
03-25-03, 04:17 AM
Q. What are the chances of Road America in 2004? Is it gone forever or is there in a good chance?

CHRIS POOK: It's one of the most beautiful tracks in the country, one of the most challenging driver tracks in the country. You won't get any opposition from any of us about the race circuit. However, that having been said, we are in a business, and when I do a business deal with somebody, I expect the other party to keep their side of the bargain. If they don't keep their side of the bargain, I'm not prepared to go down the road again. Catch me once, if you can. Catch me twice, no ma'am. Till we fix that little issue there, I doubt we'll be going back to Road America. It's not that we don't want to. We realize it's a great racetrack. I'm just not prepared to step into the hot house the second time.

FWIW.

Warlock!
03-25-03, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by chop456
Pookspeak

FWIW.

Blows

Warlock!

Napoleon
03-25-03, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by chop456

FWIW.

???? Whats this mean?

Foxman
03-25-03, 08:35 AM
Blows big time..

FWIW = For What It's Worth, nap.

I hope CART doesn't turn it's back on it's bread and butter (RA, MO, Portland). When you can have a race in the middle of nowhere and have 60k show up, you know you have some hardcore race fans.

FortyOneFord
03-26-03, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by Foxman
I hope CART doesn't turn it's back on it's bread and butter (RA, MO, Portland).

1. How exactly is CART turning it's back on RA? RA is the one who refuses to pay their bills. CART even lowered the fee, and RA still refused to pay.

2. MO and Portland are still on the schedule, so no point in crying over milk that hasn't even been spilled yet.

Foxman
03-26-03, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by FortyOneFord
1. How exactly is CART turning it's back on RA? RA is the one who refuses to pay their bills. CART even lowered the fee, and RA still refused to pay.

2. MO and Portland are still on the schedule, so no point in crying over milk that hasn't even been spilled yet.

The bottom line is that after all of the BS we've put up with as open wheel fans, CART and RA should have found a way to make it work - at the very least, running this years race. period. I don't give a rats arse about the details, they should have found a way to make it work. There are rumblings that MO is next to go. The natural terrain roadies are the best courses CART races on, I'd hate to see them replaced by another Miami or Denver.

Dave99
03-26-03, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by FortyOneFord
How exactly is CART turning it's back on RA? RA is the one who refuses to pay their bills. CART even lowered the fee, and RA still refused to pay.
Considering CART was in the last year of their current contract with Road America I would have hoped for both sides to find a way to race there this year. But nooooo...:shakehead

I was told Pook wants a street race in Chicago starting in 04 but does not want to flood the midwest market and dilute the fan-base.

Will both Road America and Mid-Ohio be dropped from the schedule with the intention of creating robust ticket interest for the Milwaukee Mile, Chicago, and Cleveland?

FortyOneFord
03-27-03, 12:55 AM
Dave, very well may be. That. however, has nothing to do with why RA is not on the schedule this year. If RA would have paid, then CART would have been there this year. Then we could have all continually whined and moaned about CART dropping that race next year.

With the concentration of races in that area, and Pook's obvious desire to be in the 3rd largest market in the states, it is inevitable that some races will no longer be on the schedule.

Will I miss RA. Hell yeah; one of the best tracks around. But it no longer being on the schedule is out of my control, and getting my blood pressure boiling does nothing positive for me, so I'll just move on.