PDA

View Full Version : UhOh, better stop pickin' on SeanO

rabbit
01-12-06, 02:32 PM
http://www.courttv.com/news/2006/0112/chatroom_suit_ctv.html

Mike Marlowe fully admits that he sometimes gave George Gillespie a hard time in that AOL chatroom.

But never in his wildest imagination did he expect to be sued in court for what he characterized as "razzing."

"We gave him crap," said Marlowe, a 33-year-old welder in Fayette, Ala. "I'm not going to deny it. I teased him and he teased me back. He gave it back better than he ever got it."

A generation ago, such petty personal beefs might have been settled with fists outside the corner bar, but now it's the Internet age — and Ohio resident George Gillespie instead filed a $25,000 lawsuit against two erstwhile cyber chums he met in the sprawling 900-room, mostly anonymous society that makes up AOL's chat universe.

Stu
01-12-06, 02:37 PM
Don't worry. So many people pick on SOG that OC is rather low on the list.

Insomniac
01-12-06, 04:02 PM
He does want a new TV...

vancouver
01-12-06, 04:30 PM
Romance - Older men :laugh:

So, what have we got here, a bunch of old men, all frustrated in that way..so they take it out on some poor old sensitive guy...

don't know how four years of bantering back and forth led to this insane nonsense," he said. "It's just the Internet, for God's sake. It's nothing important."

He endured it for 4 years... :eek:

What happened to just loggin off......

Ankf00
01-12-06, 08:51 PM
over the line Smokey, mark it zero.

The complaint, expected in court on Jan. 31 for a pretrial conference, also names AOL as a defendant for allowing the alleged harassment to take place.

Gillespie alleges that the duo intruded into his "private affairs." The complaint states that Marlowe actually drove from Alabama to Ohio to photograph the plaintiff's home, which he then posted on the Web. He also allegedly went to the courthouse in Medina to dig up personal dirt on Gillespie, which he then also disseminated over the Internet.

"I have never been to Ohio and I have absolutely no desire to go to Ohio," Marlowe said. "There is nothing there — the Cincinnati Bengals are there, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame maybe, and that's about it."

:rofl: ^^

Sean O'Gorman
01-12-06, 11:22 PM
Actually, the ribbings I get on OC are nothing compared to what I've received from some local autocrossers this week.

In the winter, we go down to Columbus for indoor karting a few times a year, and I always win. I have a few hundred laps there, and only weigh 140. Well, a couple people got sick of it, so they created a weight handicap specifically to slow me down. At the last event, I was put in a bad kart in every session, so before the last session, I requested a change of kart and got it, and won.

Now I come online the next day to see that those two people are criticizing me for being a "whiner", "unsportsmanlike", and "undeserving of respect." All over some stupid indoor karting event. Sheesh. :shakehead

Of course, just like at OC, I received lots of e-mails and IMs from people saying they agree with what I post, but are unwilling to publicly defend me. :laugh:

Kiwifan
01-13-06, 12:16 AM
Oh alright, I'll defend ya. What's the charge? :)

You've never done me any harm son so I got no problems with ya and that's all that counts. :)

Take care all,

Rusty.