PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to everyone

rabbit
03-24-03, 09:12 PM
For keeping political threads off this forum. I find myself spending a lot less time at other boards where childish political bickering is the norm, and more time here. :thumbup:

WickerBill
03-24-03, 09:25 PM
Well, the issue is that they're keeping darn near ALL threads off of this forum. Things are DEAD at OC :P

Cam
03-24-03, 11:06 PM
Hey!!! My post count here is almost 1/2 that of the other place already..... and its only been 3 months! Been a member over there 3 years! :p

rocket
03-24-03, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by WickerBill
Well, the issue is that they're keeping darn near ALL threads off of this forum. Things are DEAD at OC :P

I agree with rabbit, those political threads are a f'n mess. I too have noticed the lack of "discussion "around here lately, I'm sure it's because we all have other thing on our minds though. I for one vote OC to be the best no BS site around . Thanks WB:thumbup:

devilmaster
03-24-03, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by Cam
Hey!!! My post count here is almost 1/2 that of the other place already..... and its only been 3 months! Been a member over there 3 years! :p

Quality, not quantity, my friend. :p :D

Steve

Sean O'Gorman
03-25-03, 12:42 AM

It could be worse. What if I started talking about problems with girls.

EDIT: Man, I left the door wide open for that one. :o :rofl:

rabbit
03-25-03, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by SOG35
It could be worse. What if I started talking about my girl problems? :laugh: Why? Did you just have your first pe...

Nevermind. I'll just bite my tongue.:o

dirtyboy
03-25-03, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by rocket
I for one vote OC to be the best no BS site around . Thanks WB:thumbup: Cheers to that!

WickerBill
03-25-03, 05:54 AM
It ain't a complete bad thing; it gives me more time elsewhere. I'm not going to pull the plug or anything, unless it becomes obvious that nobody wants to be here.

Turn7
03-25-03, 11:40 AM
I don't mind political threads as long as they are of the "CONSERVATIVE" nature. :p

Although the traffic volume isn't as high here as other places, more is communicated. I enjoy the site.

Thanks.

RacinM3
03-26-03, 07:01 PM
I want to be here!! Maybe it's just with all the crap going on, people are spending less time here than usual. I know that's the case for me. I find myself going to CNN.com now more than I ever thought possible....it's depressing.

Ziggy
03-27-03, 01:34 AM
With the weather getting better, there are tons of things to do. Quite frankly, the racing world is getting a little long in the tooth. All the stupid decisions are starting to bear fruit. Grand tracks with prestige and heritage falling by the wayside, others seem to be right around the corner ... coupled with the split going on eight years... The vision becoming CART, CART wanting to become a circus act that blow into town, and leave with all sizzle and no steak.

Throw in a war, one in which Im very torn over its ramifications, and there is just too darn much fun to be had...... This war is very much like a reality show on TV. The waiting (which allowed for better organization on our enemies part than thought) the timing (sand storm season) what to do about civilians (like, kill em all and let God sort them out, or try and establish ourselves as the good guys, which is costing us lives and money)

This Internet has made things very different from following past wars (and that sentence in itself is very odd, like its a pretty common occurrence) as there is so much info, that I for one don't know what to believe. Half the media should be taken behind the woodshed, and the other half just taken out and, well, use your imagination.

Journalism is at an all time high. Its unfortunate that there is also an all time amount of chafe and bad research.

It leaves me wondering "what the hell is REALLY going on"

Ziggy

PS - F1 is great. Watching Paul Tracy whip on poor team management on Newman/Haas's part has not been that exciting. I still hold hope for Bruno, but it appears to be a two horse race, with Sebastian thrown in as a wild card. He has tons of speed no doubt. Clipping walls and curbs, breaking wheels has been a product of the rest of his team. They put him in those positions, he erred trying to make up time. What is left for Vasser/Reynard combination? An injury? Jimmy needs a Lola, then He would be a solid 4th place performer (and Im a die hard Vasser fan). What we as CART fans chided the other series fans for in the past, which was a bunch of nobodies, is what we have on track this season. No rocket like qualifying efforts, pretty much what you get with a bunch of greenhorns behind the wheel. On the other side of the fence, Brazil seems to be doing very well in the IRL. The Japanese engine makers are also cleaning house. Roger makes key components for everyone, the crossover teams are laying waste to the "regulars" (read wankers) and they still have no gate (damn stick to it lot, aren't we)? F**k Tony, and the horse he rode in on. Screw his fans as well. I hope a Brazilian chugs orange juice at Indy again this year, and French kisses Steven Tyler

Its the tradition of it all

Ziggy

cart7
03-27-03, 06:21 AM
originally posted by wickerbill
Well, the issue is that they're keeping darn near ALL threads off of this forum. Things are DEAD at OC

I'd suggest allowing some of the "banned for life" members into the fold if you want to run the post and thread count up. :laugh:

Kiwifan
03-27-03, 06:28 AM
What you said Ziggy only the weather is getting worse down here. ;)

Funny old times we live in eh? :confused:

Rusty.

PS, WB, we do appreciate ya mate it's just these crazy old times I guess. Still a CART fan, still a US fan and still an OC fan it's just so unreal at the moment. Anyway, it's still FTG as always. ;)

WickerBill
03-27-03, 08:46 AM
Hey, we passed 10,000 posts in under 3 months. That ain't that bad for a startup operation.

JT265
03-27-03, 10:41 AM
Hey, we passed 10,000 posts in under 3 months. That ain't that bad for a startup operation.

10,000 and ONE. :D

lone_groover
03-27-03, 10:45 AM
To paraphrase the poet (or was it the pizza box?):

"You've tried the rest, OffCamber is the BEST.

:)