PDA

View Full Version : :sirens: meltdown in Indy

Spicoli
01-11-06, 01:26 AM
From Cave-in. :rofl:

Question: What happended to the original concept of the IRL? Remember when it was formed and the little guy was going to get a chance in big-time open wheel racing. No more big-time Penskes and Ganassis in this league running the show. No more fields primarily out-of-country drivers. The rough and tough open wheel USAC guys would be the choice of the field and 16th St speedway would get them there. Then the IRL's poster boy, Tony Stewart, left and it seems as if not for Mr Penske and Chip's return, the league would have gone away. Not to mention all that John Menard did for the series several years and got a swift kick you know where, like Carl Hungness did. Seems to me like the whole thing has gone full circle and it right back to who has got the most, wins the most, although it is refreshing to see the Andretti's ruling for a change. After all it wasn't about control or money...or was it??? Signed: Used to be a fan (IndyFan from Indianapolis)

Answer: There's certainly a lot in this e-mail, and I've heard comments like yours from people ever since Tony George announced plans for the IRL. My job isn't to judge WHY he does things the things he does; that's a columnist's duty. I'm a reporter of the news.

dang.

RacinM3
01-11-06, 01:30 AM
I'm amazed that somewhere in this world people are still waking up to the fact that it was about control. Are these same people going outside and freaking out at all the "horseless carriages" running around, too? "Ma, what's that metal-looking bird in the sky??!!"

RusH
01-11-06, 02:24 AM
one at a time, down like dominos

DagoFast
01-11-06, 11:18 AM
My job isn't to judge WHY he does things the things he does; that's a columnist's duty. I'm a reporter of the news.

Your honor, I submit exibit one for why this mans name should be legally changed to "Cavein".

NismoZ
01-11-06, 12:56 PM
Yup, I often talk to people who spout "The family business" defense and feel sorry for the "little guy" (FTG) who was just trying to save American open-wheel racing. They believe it.

SurfaceUnits
01-19-06, 10:34 PM
Patreek on earl:

"When I talked to Rahal, he said: 'The business has changed now and we need money to survive. We are looking for guys who will bring lots of money to the team. "

Series In Danger?
"Things are not right in the IRL." :eek:

eiregosod
01-19-06, 11:56 PM
Your honor, I submit exibit one for why this mans name should be legally changed to "Cavein".

Yup, he fudged the issue.

trauma1
01-20-06, 08:47 AM
now autosport is running this, any one hve a membership to autosport???

Mario Andretti: AGR could leave IRL

By Michele Lostia January 20th 2006, 12:07 GMT

Four times Champ Car champion Mario Andretti reckons that his son Michael's Andretti Green Racing team could switch back to Champ Car in the future.

NismoZ
01-20-06, 11:52 AM
Italian Autosprint Magazine?