PDA

View Full Version : OK

Spicoli
01-10-06, 04:47 PM
Who here has lost weight since jan1?

successfully quit smoking since jan1?

given up what they said they were gonna give up since jan1?

just axin. :)

cart7
01-10-06, 05:04 PM
Jan 1 of what year? :p

Sean O'Gorman
01-10-06, 05:51 PM
I had never made a New Year's resolution prior to last year, so I tried to make up for it by making 21. Unfortunately, it didn't go too well, as I only kept two of them, and one was to "drink more often." :laugh:

I didn't make one this year, but I did make a resolution to start working out and exercising once I found a full-time job. The reason I hadn't started sooner was because I was too worried about the job search to be really motivated to do anything. So, since I got my job offer on the 29th, I guess it is essentially a New Year's resolution. So far so good, but the only sign that I've done anything is a cracked floor tile from where I carelessly knocked a weight off a table. :eek:

Robstar
01-10-06, 06:52 PM
Still smoking... :cry:

Stu
01-10-06, 07:49 PM
So far so good, but the only sign that I've done anything is a cracked floor tile from where I carelessly knocked a weight off a table. :eek:

Wow I didn't know 3 pound weights could crack a tile floor.

Sean O'Gorman
01-10-06, 07:55 PM
So when you die of multiple heart attacks at age 34, can I have dibs on your woman?

"uhh, I calculated the caloric intake of my breakfast, and I really shouldn't eat until tomorrow" :gomer:

Ankf00
01-10-06, 08:12 PM
he have any skis? b/c I call dibs on those :gomer:

Stu
01-10-06, 08:19 PM
he have any skis? b/c I call dibs on those :gomer:

Sorry Ank, no skis, just golf clubs, hdtv, surround sound, computer and my wrx.

Spicoli
01-10-06, 08:40 PM
wrx.

http://www.purpledawgs.com/images/2003/cublindy1.jpg

yo!

DjDrOmusic
01-10-06, 11:50 PM
I've lost weight, but then again I've been losing weight for about a year now, 80 lbs and counting!!

Night Train
01-10-06, 11:56 PM
I've lost weight, but then again I've been losing weight for about a year now, 80 lbs and counting!!

Congrats, man! I've been at it 13-14 months and lost about the same amount. It's been tough, but rewarding.

Chitowncartfreak
01-10-06, 11:59 PM
My resolution is to cut down on caffeine (I typically consume the equivalent of 6-8 cans of pop per day). So far, I'm failing miserably.

RHR_Fan
01-11-06, 12:11 AM
Congrats, man! I've been at it 13-14 months and lost about the same amount. It's been tough, but rewarding.

Ditto to you and to DJ. It's hard losing it, but it's even harder keeping it off. There are those days where I just want to say "screw it" and just go eat a bunch of junk. And it's not just a temporary thing either; it's a life long thing. But it is worth it. Here's to 2006. :)

~Nicole

skaven
01-11-06, 12:29 AM
Yeah, take care of your health all.

My goal is to get you all fit by drinking lots and playing ultimate...

so I can slam dunk on you at RA. :gomer: :p

skaven
01-11-06, 12:48 AM
Carry on with being fit and drinking... but I take back the part about slam dunking on everyone.

My new resolution is to be nicer. :)

Ankf00
01-11-06, 12:50 AM
heh, I'll dunk you in A-basin, trixie beotch. :gomer:

Spicoli
01-11-06, 12:55 AM
heh, I'll dunk you in A-basin, trixie beotch. :gomer:

You kids headin to the Basin soon? :saywhat:

(please say yes)

skaven
01-11-06, 01:03 AM
Name a weekend and I'm snowboarding. I've got no other plans. :D

I mostly hang out closer to home at BC/ VAil, but A-Basin is always a good time. Grillin' under the sun at the beach. :cool:

(Even though getting the charcoal grill going at 11,000' is not an easy thing to do. Things like flash point matter when it is cold and less oxygen. :gomer: )

Spicoli
01-11-06, 01:10 AM
Name a weekend and I'm snowboarding. I've got no other plans. :D

I mostly hang out closer to home at BC/ VAil, but A-Basin is always a good time. Grillin' under the sun at the beach. :cool:

(Even though getting the charcoal grill going at 11,000' is not an easy thing to do. Things like flash point matter when it is cold and less oxygen. :gomer: )

I will be in BC the second weekend in March. It's a date. :thumbup:

skaven
01-11-06, 01:21 AM
Sweet. I'll look for (look out for?) the meathook. :gomer:

"Spli/ BC" has been added to the Palm Pounder Mar. Buy you a beer. :thumbup:

The weekend before I've been drafted to help some friend of a friend make a film at Vail. They are looking for folks who can ride with $30k worth of equipment on their back to the film site. Chill while they film, and then huck their gear back down. :saywhat:

Vail is 7 miles W I D E.

Ankf00
01-11-06, 01:23 AM
hah, someone made you their beotch.

mush doggie, mush!

:gomer:

( so where we going? )

RacinM3
01-11-06, 01:23 AM
Quit smoking 12/11/05 and still going. Guess I got an early start on my resolution.

Spicoli
01-11-06, 01:29 AM
Quit smoking 12/11/05 and still going. Guess I got an early start on my resolution.

8/16/03, and not a one since. KEEP IT UP! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Spicoli
01-11-06, 01:29 AM
Sweet. I'll look for (look out for?) the meathook. :gomer:

"Spli/ BC" has been added to the Palm Pounder Mar. Buy you a beer. :thumbup:

The weekend before I've been drafted to help some friend of a friend make a film at Vail. They are looking for folks who can ride with $30k worth of equipment on their back to the film site. Chill while they film, and then huck their gear back down. :saywhat:

Vail is 7 miles W I D E.

nice. do it as planned, then steal their ****, sell it, and go heli. :cry:

skaven
01-11-06, 01:51 AM
Actually, it doesn't look like I'll ever go heli.

I told myself if CART ever went under, and as such being done forever with racing, I'd spend the money I spend attending races on heli-skiing in Alaska or BC (British Columbia, not Beaver Creek :gomer: ). I think that was my way to put a positive spin on the situation in the dark days.

Luckily, I'm still attending races. :)

And, dude, didn't you see my resolution above? :saywhat:

I'm being "nicer" this year and probably shouldn't steal $30k worth of cameras, sell it and go heli... tempting though. :D

JLMannin
01-11-06, 09:58 PM
I've lost some weight. I was transferred from Lafayette to Indy, and in Indy, the nearest cafeteria is several hundred yards away as opposed to being across a sidewalk. To a guy like me with a serious food addiction (rice crispy treats the size of a wallet), it is very liberating to be so far away.

indyfan31
01-11-06, 11:27 PM
I've resolved to lose 10 lbs and run my first 50 miler. 9 pounds and 50 miles to go. :)

RHR_Fan
01-12-06, 12:35 AM
I've resolved to lose 10 lbs and run my first 50 miler. 9 pounds and 50 miles to go. :)

50-miler? Holy geez, good luck with that!

~Nicole

dando
01-12-06, 12:42 AM
8/16/03, and not a one since. KEEP IT UP! :thumbup: :thumbup:
:cool:

Almost the same time as me....early start on the new year's resolution. Both of you keep it up. :thumbup:

-Kevin

indyfan31
01-12-06, 10:47 AM
nice. do it as planned, then steal their ****, sell it, and go heli.
:laugh: ... always good to see someone thinking ahead.

Spicoli
01-12-06, 11:09 AM
:laugh: ... always good to see someone thinking ahead.

:thumbup:

Heli ski = yum. :)

http://www.arlinc.com/images/KentDropZone-high_rez.jpg

Cam
01-12-06, 12:58 PM
:eek: I get dizzy just looking at that photo! :eek:

Ankf00
01-12-06, 01:07 PM
so what happens when you bounce off one of those rocks? :)

skaven
01-12-06, 02:00 PM
Those are some steep lines. :cool:

My lunch appointment cancelled, so I'm headed to the slopes this afternoon. Day #14... I think I'm going to set a record number of days this season. :thumbup:

Spicoli
01-12-06, 02:19 PM
so what happens when you bounce off one of those rocks? :)

This:

http://www.laketerraceapts.com/skier666/Nice_044.JPG

BTW - WHERE'S ALL THE GOLDANGED SNOW? :flame:

It's 57 degrees hgere today. : grrr:

Spicoli
01-12-06, 02:27 PM
Those are some steep lines. :cool:

My lunch appointment cancelled, so I'm headed to the slopes this afternoon. Day #14... I think I'm going to set a record number of days this season. :thumbup:

Eat my poopenhauser. :flame:

skaven
01-12-06, 02:41 PM
Ank just edumacated me on how to post a photo... My First Photo :)

This is pretty modest compared to the photo of Spicoli hucking off the cliff, but this is me on Xhristmas Day at Crested Butte. So much fun. Even small kickers like this are a blast. :thumbup:

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e170/andyjung/17f7064d.jpg

skaven
01-12-06, 09:09 PM
Powder Day + Bitburger = Good Day At The Office :D

Ankf00
01-12-06, 09:12 PM
Powder Day + Bitburger = Good Day At The Office :D

:flame:

skaven
01-12-06, 10:59 PM
I showed my fiance the progression of the heli-ski shot, the cliff-huck shot and my kicker shot... and she laughed at me... :(

indyfan31
07-17-06, 11:53 AM

I brought this back to give an update on my progress and see how everyone else is doing. The training for the 50 miler is going well. The weight loss, not so much. Although I managed to lose 4 pounds during this weekend's run, I'll find them again during the week.

Here's a couple of links to my last two long runs, a 36 mile (http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/invitation/accept.mb?senderPk.pkValue=25050&unitSystemPkValue=2&episodePk.pkValue=1038458) and a 40 mile (http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/invitation/accept.mb?senderPk.pkValue=25050&unitSystemPkValue=2&episodePk.pkValue=1062712) trail run in the Angeles Nat'l. Forest.

(When you get to the MotionBased site, click on the "Dashboard" link, then the GoogleEarth link to see the path of the run. The site is a BIT SLOW.)

8 lbs & 50 miles to go.....

Ankf00
07-17-06, 12:06 PM
man, I ride 50 miles... F running that :eek:

g'luck :thumbup:

dando
07-17-06, 12:39 PM
:eek:

:cool:

Good luck with dat shizzle. :thumbup:

(my knees hurt just reading about that)

-Kevin

cameraman
07-17-06, 01:18 PM
You could always try this one

The Wasatch 100 mile race (http://www.phillowry.com/wasatchwatch.htm)

http://www.wasatch100.com/profile.jpg

indyfan31
07-17-06, 03:31 PM
4000 feet in 4 miles? uhhhhhh....no thanks. That last 40-miler was on the Angeles Crest 100 course, that was enough for me.

indyfan31
08-24-06, 03:37 PM
Did it!!! (I'd forgotten about this thread)

Had a great run, actually had fun all day long (it's difficult to convince people of that :) ). Anyway, I set a goal of 12 hrs and I finished in 11:50:53 (http://www.pctultra.com/results/2006/PCT50M06.HTM), and I was still running at the end; I was 94th out of 105 finishers and about 150 starters.

Yes, I did end up almost an hour behind a 70-year-old man, but I beat two 63- & 72-year-old women by about 2 hours!! Passed 'em on the outside.(hey, you take your victories where you can :laugh: ).

If you want to see the course in Google Earth, click this link (http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/invitation/email/accept.mb?senderPk.pkValue=25050&unitSystemPkValue=2&episodePk.pkValue=1132169). In MotionBased click Dashboard, at the bottom of the little map is a GoogleEarth link. You can see where the Garmin lost it's mind (or the signal) a couple of times. So, NO, at no point did I fly or fall of a hillside. ;)

As far as the weight is concerned, wellllllll, I started the day at 160 and finished at 158; don't ask me how that happened, I usually lose up to 5 lbs a day. :confused:

At some point I'll put that .Mac site I paid for to good use and put up some pictures.

How did all the other (cigarette) quitters and (weight) losers do?

Sean O'Gorman
08-24-06, 04:19 PM
man, I ride 50 miles... F running that :eek:

g'luck :thumbup:

:thumbup: for 50 mile ride

:thumdown: for having to agree with you

Wheel-Nut
08-24-06, 04:23 PM
Did it!!!

Yes, I did end up almost an hour behind a 70-year-old man, but I beat two 63- & 72-year-old women by about 2 hours!! Passed 'em on the outside.(hey, you take your victories where you can :laugh: ).

Were you hearing still there, still there, still there in your head when you made the pass?

Congratulations

indyfan31
08-24-06, 06:26 PM
Were you hearing still there, still there, still there in your head when you made the pass?

Congratulations
:laugh: ... kind of. When I thought I'd left them far behind, I stopped to remove the loose bandages around my foot. Turns out they were only about 2 minutes behind me; they scooted right past as I sat on a log holding my shoe.
There was a 2- to 3-mile climb after mile 36. My legs were getting tired but I wanted to stay on pace. I kept doing a Steve Matchett impression ..."Come on son, PUSH IT ... PUSH!"
I'll tell you whut, after about 6 or 7 hours you run out of things to talk to yourself about. That's when you start regretting the fact that you left the iPod in the drop-bag at the turnaround point.