PDA

View Full Version : Chad McQueen

trish
01-08-06, 10:08 AM
I read yesterday at AR1 that he was seriously injured in a testing accident. Saw this morning that he's the late Steve McQueen's (the actor) son. Anyway, anybody know how he's doing?

FCYTravis
01-08-06, 10:24 AM
From what I understand, he is in serious condition in intensive care as of yesterday :(

Apparently he crashed the GT Porsche he was driving very, very hard in the Bus Stop chicane on the backstraight at Daytona.

Fio1
01-08-06, 01:21 PM
A friend of mine works for the Tafel Racing, I left him a message on his cel. When I get some info on what happened, and how he's doing I'll pass a long to you.

BTW, Chad also did some acting. He was in the Karate Kid and some B movies like Red Line, etc. He ran DP last year at Daytona and 3 or 4 other races, and did F.Atlantic in the 90's.

fourrunner
01-08-06, 05:20 PM
I read an article about Chad a number of years ago, about his passion for Auto Racing, and it was the one thing he could do and set himself apart from his Father. Even though Steve Raced also .

He couldn't do it in acting, because of his Father's Cult Status ... Steve McQueen to this day is probably the "Coolest" Actor ever . He was so laid back and made it seem effortless . He was good too, whether it was Drama, Comedy, or Action !

Chad just couldn't compete with that, although he still will take a part if offered !

Fio1
01-08-06, 05:54 PM
Chad is a decent little actor, he would be perfect in a Quintin Tararintino movie. He's a cross between Chris Penn and Michael Madsen. He isn't as talented as Penn & not as mean looking as Madsen. But, he's close. So, in the right role he can do well.

Fio1
01-08-06, 06:36 PM
I guess it was pretty serious. According to my friend, it was touch and go for a bit. No one knew his condition for a good hour after the crash, just that he was unconsious and they needed the jaws of life to get him out. He lost it coming out of the bus-stop, had a tank slapper and hit the wall with the pasenger side. Now, all he knows is that he is still in the hospital and has a broken leg. No other word.

extramundane
01-08-06, 09:52 PM
Damn, that's rough. Here's hoping Chad pulls through pretty quick! I know Tafel is expecting a good year (and with the cars and drivers they've lined up...I think those tube-frame wannabe's should be scared ;) ), so let's hope this turns into good news for them.

RusH
01-10-06, 02:03 AM
http://www.grandamerican.com/News/Article.asp?ID=5529

The 45-year-old McQueen suffered a broken lower left leg, as well as a pair of fractures to his vertebrae and multiple rib fractures after making contact with the barrier exiting the chicane at the end of the Daytona International Speedway Superstretch. McQueen is listed in serious but stable condition, and a full recovery is expected.

looks good overall :thumbup:

chop456
01-10-06, 02:20 AM
Think Grand Am could have been a little more self-congratulatory in that press release?

What a bunch of morons.

NismoZ
01-10-06, 10:00 AM
SAFER or tires at that point? He was coming out of the chicane and UP the banking? DO something!

Gnam
03-03-06, 01:06 PM
Update: http://www.motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=211072

Sounds like he is recovering well after that accident. Says his driving days are over, but he might become a team owner. Anyway he hopes to be at Long Beach. :thumbup:

Tough way to end a career.