PDA

View Full Version : It's The 24hrs Of Danica!

NismoZ
01-06-06, 06:32 PM
Running in the Rolex 24 with Rusty, McNish and Said. Geez, she could actually WIN the thing! :eek: I hear Gurney and Tracy were the fastest in day 1 testing?

cameraman
01-06-06, 06:38 PM
I can see it now, "It is 3:42 am and Danica has just awakened from her nap, we are sending you over to Todd Harris to find out how well she slept."

NismoZ
01-06-06, 07:38 PM
Next stop...NASCAB! :gomer:

Methanolandbrats
01-06-06, 08:24 PM
Yet another reason not to watch that ****.

cart7
01-06-06, 09:44 PM
Wasn't her foray into ALMS for a race in one of the Ferrari's nothing short of underwhelming? IIRC.

coolhand
01-07-06, 03:24 AM
Will she run and outlap, 12 FCY laps and and in lap like Milka does?

Spicoli
01-07-06, 08:39 AM
we didn't need her anyway

Andrew Longman
01-07-06, 10:28 AM
At least it will be on Speed and not ABC. They have less of a habit/interest in interviewing the guy who dry cleans her firesuit.

In fact, my check of the Speed site can't find any mention of the Grandam series programming and broadcast schedule at all. I expect they will make at least a big a deal of Rusty driving as her.

I'm sure they will make a big deal out of all the adjustments the have to make at driver changes. Rusty is a pretty tall guy. DP is not.

TKGAngel
01-07-06, 10:38 AM
I'm sure they will make a big deal out of all the adjustments the have to make at driver changes. Rusty is a pretty tall guy. DP is not.

The article announcing the Danica driving on the IRL website says that Rusty had to tell her how to brake the car, since it uses a different style than what she's used to. I'm sure Said/Wallace/McNish are going to love driving with her.

I'm excited about all the open-wheel guys driving this year. Dinger, Wilson, PT, over 1/2 of the IRL. Could be very interesting.

rosawendel
01-07-06, 11:05 AM
i'm actually looking forward to it. though i'd much prefer alms, i'm looking forward to the experience. i'm going with my dad this year (tickets came yesterday). nice little bonding experience. if he's good, i'll ask him if he wants to try sebring (well, and bring the big honkin' rv.)

doesn't hurt that, after le mans last year, it'll be tough to drag my wife to another race...

Accipiter
01-07-06, 01:02 PM
Danica politics aside. Think about that driver line up. You couldn't have put that together with a random driver generator in 1 million tries. Bizzare.

She could win? I doubt it. It's a good car and a good team, but as good as McNish and Said are, they aren't going to be able to carry Rusty and Danica's stint's, against much more fully rounded driver lineups like Ganassi, the other Boss car, SunTrust, Gainsco, etc. And you know they are going to get a good portion of the driving stints, because they have too much pride to do otherwise.

Rusty had to teach her how to brake? Hell, he only learned how to do it himself the other day.