PDA

View Full Version : For the First Time in Ten Years...

racer2c
03-24-03, 12:21 PM
I missed a CART race. :(

I had a family function to attend, set up the VCR and hit the road.

This six month old Sony recorded three seconds and decided to die. Now it won't accept a tape.

I rarely use this thing (I've always despised VCR technology. It's clumsy and fragile.)

This was my last chance for Sony. The last few Sony pieces have sucked bigtime.

I can't find a re-broadcast. I was hoping for a Sunday evening like they did for St Pete, but they did the F1 race instead.

nz_climber
03-24-03, 04:32 PM
Well I missed the race as well :( - as i moved on sunday and started my new on Monday I didn't have the time to find a friend who could tape the race for me(well one that lives close by anyway).... so hopefully i will be able to see the next race!

oddlycalm
03-24-03, 04:46 PM
Just a thought, but I've found that a Tivo or ReplayTV is really the ticket for watching racing across a lot of time zones while still having a life. I just set it and forget it. It also allows me to step through the commercials, so I spend 1/3 less time sitting there. Even if I'm going to watch when the race is broadcast, I'll start watching 40 minutes into a 2hr race and will catch up to the live feed right about the time the checkers fly, having watched not a single commercial. It also allows me to rapid through yellows while scanning for anything of interest. This is nothing like clunky VCR technology.

The prices are down to $250 for a basic 40hr Tivo at Amazon. The best deal for a racefan may be to find an upgraded 3000 series ReplayTV on eBay, as they have no program guide fee, and the size of the drive will have increased to 120hrs on most of them.

oc

Foxman
03-24-03, 07:02 PM
If you purchase a TIVO stay away from Sony models.. I bought a Sony Sat-T60 DirecTivo box and it's dead, I've owned it for less than a month.

Kiwifan
03-24-03, 07:02 PM
I have a copy of the race Aaron. Email your new address and I'll send it to ya. Sorry there's about 15 minutes of the I*L race afterwards but you can always skip that. ;)

Take care, Rusty.

nz_climber
03-25-03, 10:08 PM
Check your email... - its probably gone to your junk mail thou - cause i sent it from my new work email address - so check there as well!!

Thanks
Aaron

:) :)