PDA

View Full Version : Hope this Jayski rumor isn't true.

Stu
01-06-06, 11:46 AM
Cup team considering move to Indy? in Darrell Waltrip's latest column at FoxSports: "by the way I was in Indy this past week on some business. There's a rumor going around that some big NASCAR team was thinking about moving to Indianapolis, and I was talking to some folks who may have given me an inside track on who it might be. It's a guy that's got three cars and no crew chiefs, if that helps you any."(FoxSports), no crew chiefs? Evernham Motorsports uses Team Directors...not crew chiefs.(1-6-2006)

The source is DW though, he probably misheard what he was told because his mouth was running too fast.

spinner26
01-06-06, 12:26 PM
HMMMMMMMM, ISC, GrandAm, NASCAR, Indy? I see it happening. :D

Spicoli
01-06-06, 02:36 PM
Its gotta be the TEAM moving to Indianapolis, not a TEAM moving to EARL.

They are offering loto freebies, tax incentives, etc etc, trying to steal motorsports related teams from whever the hell NA$car comes from.

Just my guess. Why TF would they go to EARL? :shakehead

spinner26
01-06-06, 03:25 PM
Its gotta be the TEAM moving to Indianapolis, not a TEAM moving to EARL.

They are offering loto freebies, tax incentives, etc etc, trying to steal motorsports related teams from whever the hell NA$car comes from.

Just my guess. Why TF would they go to EARL? :shakehead

Spic, I think your spot on. Brownsburg has become full of NHRA and Sprint Car teams, Park 100 has the majority of IRL / CCWS teams. The incentives ar there from the gov't to get them all to Indy, you know, "The Racing Capitol of the World"?

The bigger NASCAR teams have all built or are building new shops at the local landing strip there in N.C. so I don't see them coming anytime soon but for the obby Gordons and some of the smaller operating teams, i wouldn't be suprised to see them start showing up in or around Indy.

Spicoli
01-06-06, 05:01 PM
Spic, I think your spot on. Brownsburg has become full of NHRA and Sprint Car teams, Park 100 has the majority of IRL / CCWS teams. The incentives ar there from the gov't to get them all to Indy, you know, "The Racing Capitol of the World"?

The bigger NASCAR teams have all built or are building new shops at the local landing strip there in N.C. so I don't see them coming anytime soon but for the obby Gordons and some of the smaller operating teams, i wouldn't be suprised to see them start showing up in or around Indy.

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day. :D

and its "spikkley" not "spic" ;) I ain't no mirgant worker.

SurfaceUnits
01-18-06, 10:11 AM
I wanted to ask team owner Ray Evernham a question, and I got my chance when Anthony and I had a drink with him this weekend.

I wanted to know if the rumors about the team moving to Indy were true.

"Nah, that's just a rumor Waltrip started," he said, referring to former driver and Fox commentator Darrell Waltrip, who mentioned in his column on FOXSports.com about ten days ago that he'd heard it was "a guy that's got three cars and no crew chiefs," which would describe Evernham's team.

-----IV's, ummm Anthony's chic

Spicoli
01-18-06, 10:51 AM
I wanted to ask team owner Ray Evernham a question, and I got my chance when Anthony and I had a drink with him this weekend.

I wanted to know if the rumors about the team moving to Indy were true.

"Nah, that's just a rumor Waltrip started," he said, referring to former driver and Fox commentator Darrell Waltrip, who mentioned in his column on FOXSports.com about ten days ago that he'd heard it was "a guy that's got three cars and no crew chiefs," which would describe Evernham's team.

-----IV's, ummm Anthony's chic

OK - need a translator on that last line there. :confused:

G.
01-18-06, 12:18 PM
OK - need a translator on that last line there. :confused:Now you know how we all feel, Spikky. :laugh:

SurfaceUnits
01-18-06, 09:31 PM
OK - need a translator on that last line there. :confused:
http://www.susanegan.net/fans/images/hillbillygal.jpg
IV's girl is a neckar fan. She probly coakst IV into joInin that egcitin form of racin :eek: SPikky will swoller his last tooth when he swws the anser :rofl:

SurfaceUnits
01-19-06, 07:27 PM
For those interested in Quatro's girl:

All about Raygan
http://blogs.indystar.com/swan/

As a single twenty-something gad about town, Indianapolis native Raygan Swan stays on top of what is and what is not. Known for her adventures at INtake Weekly - dumpster diving, boxing, belly dancing, wakeboarding - she's willing to try anything at least once in the name of a good story.

One thing's for sure, she's as diverse, or perhaps random, as they come. She'll pay $200 for a pair of Rock and Republic designer jeans but loves NASCAR and country music. She works out like a crazy woman five days a week, but consumes McDonalds cheeseburgers with regularity.

Now a reporter at The Indianapolis Star, Swan will blog abut her adventures, experiences and sightings from around the city.