PDA

View Full Version : Ageism at the Super Bowl halftime show

Anteater
01-05-06, 11:17 PM
I just read something that I find rather ironic: the Rolling Stones are going to perform at the Super Bowl, so the Super Bowl planners are going to offer 2,000 people a chance to take to the field during the halftime show. The crowd will be expected to dance, sing, and cheer. The kicker is this: only people 45 and younger can be in the show! The NFL says the reason for the age cutoff is that the job is "physically challenging". Never mind that the guys cavorting onstage are in their 60s!

Cam
01-05-06, 11:23 PM
There is a 1/2 time show at the Super Bowl? :saywhat:

Stu
01-06-06, 11:49 AM
Yea but they all work out. As outraged as you are now, I'd love to see the reaction when a bunch of 60 year olds have heart attacks while dancing around to the Stones.

If the old people don't like it. Boycott the Superbowl and go to a club and start dancing.

Don Quixote
01-06-06, 03:47 PM
Mick will bare his breast. You heard it here first. ;)

TKGAngel
01-06-06, 04:43 PM
I just read something that I find rather ironic: the Rolling Stones are going to perform at the Super Bowl, so the Super Bowl planners are going to offer 2,000 people a chance to take to the field during the halftime show. The crowd will be expected to dance, sing, and cheer. The kicker is this: only people 45 and younger can be in the show! The NFL says the reason for the age cutoff is that the job is "physically challenging". Never mind that the guys cavorting onstage are in their 60s!

I remember hearing that the bigger controversy was that the Stones were picked for halftime instead of a Motown group. Those protesters were placated by having Stevie Wonder sing pregame, since halftime is "bigger than Motown." :rolleyes:

Mick will bare his breast. You heard it here first.

My eyes! My eyes! :eek:

dando
01-06-06, 04:48 PM
My only question is what will Fox air as a substitute show this year? Family Guy might provide some pure, wholesome, family entertainment. :D

-Kevin

eiregosod
01-06-06, 04:58 PM
I guess the over-45s giving it the ole bump n grind to the Stones aint that palatable to the FCC ;)