PDA

View Full Version : USC LOSES!!! Thank god

cartman
01-05-06, 01:31 AM
Congratulations Ank! That was an awesome game. I feel bad for USC...wait, no I don't, I hate them and I hope Matt Leinart and Reggie Bush have a good cry tonight because their glory days are over (there's a lot of guys in the NFL that are just as fast if not faster and just as good if not better than Leinart and Bush so they won't be superstars anymore) and they went out on a very sour note. Awww, Leinart looks so sad in the post game interview, poor wittle Matty. :cry:

To Reggie Bush - throwing up that idiotic lateral attempt after a break out run: completely stupid

To Pete Carroll - going for 4th down with that field position that late in a close game: completely stupid

I don't think that the Heisman trophy should be awarded until after the National Championship game. Vince Young should have gotten the Heisman, not Reggie "I'm an idiot and threw up a stupid lateral when it was totally unnecessary" Bush. Vince was unstoppable tonight.

Nice job UT, Hook em' Horns!

Oh, I almost forgot, the Pac 10 sux!

jcollins28
01-05-06, 03:29 AM
THANK YOU U.T!!!!!

devilmaster
01-05-06, 03:42 AM
I didn't really care who won the game. If anything, i'm just happy that people will stop talking about USC as the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Classic Apex
01-05-06, 03:56 AM
And Texas now has the longest winning streak in the country.

USC who?

:rofl:

Ed_Severson
01-05-06, 08:29 AM
I feel bad for USC...wait, no I don't, I hate them and I hope Matt Leinart and Reggie Bush have a good cry tonight because their glory days are over

Can't say that I have real strong feelings one way or the other about SC, but there are two things that definitely bother me about them. The first is that many of their fans seem to live in an alternate universe where Pete Carroll is some sort of genius; the second is stuff like this:

"I still think we're a better football team. They just made the plays in the end." -- Matt Leinart

:cry:

What an asswipe. :shakehead

Insomniac
01-05-06, 08:33 AM
Wow. People really do hate it when the same team wins all the time.

Methanolandbrats
01-05-06, 10:43 AM
"I still think we're a better football team. They just made the plays in the end." -- Matt Leinart

CHeck the scoreboard Matt. :D He's a typical Cal *****. Reminded me of when the Badgers played UCLA and they nearly knocked some of the UCLA girls into the stands :D Ooooh, you hit me too hard.......oohhh that hurt........ooooooh...that's not fair......... :cry:

dando
01-05-06, 11:48 AM
I didn't really care who won the game. If anything, i'm just happy that people will stop talking about USC as the greatest thing since sliced bread.
Amen. Plus, I'd love to see how much of a genius Pete Carroll is w/equal players, and how good of a recruiter he is w/o the private jet to fly players like Fred Davis from Toledo to SoCal for a recruiting visit.

-Kevin

dando
01-05-06, 11:49 AM
And Texas now has the longest winning streak in the country.
Ending that streak in AUS next fall is gonna be so much sweeter now! :D

-Kevin

Jervis Tetch 1
01-05-06, 12:58 PM
Leinhart really proved that USC really stands for the University of Spoiled Children.

Hope the ball room dancing classes were worth being No. 2 in the nation.

Hey USC! I've got your ranking right here!
http://www.clubarnage.com/images/finger_big.jpg

Sean O'Gorman
01-05-06, 01:41 PM
Hope Lienart has fun as a bust in New Orleans! :laugh:

devilmaster
01-05-06, 01:44 PM
Hope Lienart has fun as a bust in New Orleans! :laugh:

or detroit. :shakehead There is talk about what it would take to trade up to get the Saints pick.....

Don Quixote
01-05-06, 01:44 PM
Good one Jervis! :laugh:

coolhand
01-05-06, 08:33 PM
I will give you guys about 10 months until Texas becomes #1 hated team in America. I wont miss that part of being #1. The target is off our back.

Good game Longhorns.

How about them bulldogs catman :gomer:

Anteater
01-05-06, 11:14 PM
I'm so happy for Ank! :thumbup:

devilmaster
01-05-06, 11:27 PM
I will give you guys about 10 months until Texas becomes #1 hated team in America. I wont miss that part of being #1. The target is off our back.

I give it 3 days, or however long it takes for ank to start posting again ;)

TravelGal
01-06-06, 03:34 AM
I will give you guys about 10 months until Texas becomes #1 hated team in America.

I thought they were already. I can't stand USC but if they play Texas, I'm all for them. The ONLY team that holds that distinction.

Sorry Ank but with you as fan, they don't need me anyway.

coolhand
01-06-06, 04:12 AM
I thought they were already.

Not judging by this board.

cartman
01-06-06, 04:43 PM

Good game Longhorns.

Who's catman?

Ankf00
01-06-06, 10:19 PM
w00t :)

Ankf00
01-06-06, 10:50 PM

c'mon...

obi wan at Q, yoda at TB, single back spread...

king kong at DE w/ that size speed and arm span, stick godzilla in at DT and Sonic the Hedgehog at corner

that'd be one good game w/ them vs USC ;)

coolhand
01-07-06, 03:46 AM
double

coolhand
01-07-06, 03:56 AM
Amen. Plus, I'd love to see how much of a genius Pete Carroll is w/equal players, and how good of a recruiter he is w/o the private jet to fly players like Fred Davis from Toledo to SoCal for a recruiting visit.

-Kevin

without VY, Mack Brown would have never of made it to this year.

Private planes are what top programs have to do to compete with other schools in recruiting. I knew somone out of highschool who got a ride on a private jet to nebraska for a recruiting visit.

Pete did all he could do with a injured and undermanned defense. Our Secondary especially our corners were very thin. We lost a few starters very early this season. Eric wright got in legal trouble and went to UNLV. Dallas Sartz at linebacker injured for the season, lofa Tutupu leaving early for the NFL. Manuel Wright leaving for the NFL early, Spicer's medical redshirt. etc. We had two asian kids out there trying to tackle young. one batted an easy interception down.

Our offense carried us through tough times, but our D did pretty well considering the talent we had left for the end of the season. The difference between the past two bowl games is that our dline did not touch the quaterback this game while passing.

Sean O'Gorman
01-07-06, 04:59 AM
without VY, Mack Brown would have never of made it to this year.

Private planes are what top programs have to do to compete with other schools in recruiting. I knew somone out of highschool who got a ride on a private jet to nebraska for a recruiting visit.

Pete did all he could do with a injured and undermanned defense. Our Secondary especially our corners were very thin. We lost a few starters very early this season. Eric wright got in legal trouble and went to UNLV. Dallas Sartz at linebacker injured for the season, lofa Tutupu leaving early for the NFL. Manuel Wright leaving for the NFL early, Spicer's medical redshirt. etc. We had two asian kids out there trying to tackle young. one batted an easy interception down.

Our offense carried us through tough times, but our D did pretty well considering the talent we had left for the end of the season. The difference between the past two bowl games is that our dline did not touch the quaterback this game while passing.

"Honest... I ran out of gas. I, I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake. A terrible flood. Locusts. IT WASN'T MY FAULT, I SWEAR TO GOD!!!!!!"

coolhand
01-07-06, 05:19 AM
"Honest... I ran out of gas. I, I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake. A terrible flood. Locusts. IT WASN'T MY FAULT, I SWEAR TO GOD!!!!!!"

I am not making an excuse for the game, just arguing with an ignorant knock on Pete Carroll and I am not even to happy with Pete at the moment.

Sean O'Gorman
01-07-06, 06:41 AM
I am not making an excuse for the game, just arguing with an ignorant knock on Pete Carroll and I am not even to happy with Pete at the moment.

No, I am pretty sure that those are excuses

Stu
01-07-06, 10:51 AM
Excuse: To explain (a fault or an offense) in the hope of being forgiven or understood.

Reason: The basis or motive for an action, decision, or conviction.

Sounds more like an excuse to me.

If you would have said, we lost due to injuries. Thats a reason. But you said Pete Carroll doesn't suck because of the injuries, thats an excuse. Its a fine line.

Really who cares though? USC was the lesser team. Anyone who followed both teams somewhat closely could realize that. Both had great teams, great programs, but I am surprised Texas didn't just overpower them.

We had two asian kids out there trying to tackle young.

Racist.

Tifosi24
01-07-06, 12:56 PM
Stop making excuses coolhand, no one in college football could have stopped Young in that game. From watching the game I would say that both coaches were on the top of their game for this one but Carroll just looked like he wanted to prove that he had bigger stones by going for it on 4th twice. People kept talking about how Carroll is a risk taker and goes on 4th all of the time, but the real reason is that he can't recruit special teams. He has a kicker whose career long is 36 yards and the worst punting squad in division one football. It doesn't matter how banged up your D was, if Carroll does his job and get kickers you are national champions. But I am grateful that he can't recruit special teams.

TravelGal
01-07-06, 02:47 PM
Not judging by this board.

Well, yah, but I was talking about the big world out there.

I thought that USC played as if they had already won the game. I saw too many examples of player's head in the clouds somewhere. That said, I don't think anyone could have stopped Young on most of those runs. Too bad they "didn't have pictures" to review the touchdown he threw when he was already down though. But, USC got a few gimme's also. At least it didn't lack for excitement.

coolhand
01-07-06, 03:28 PM
If you would have said, we lost due to injuries. Thats a reason. But you said Pete Carroll doesn't suck because of the injuries, thats an excuse. Its a fine line.

Read what i said.

I am not making an excuse for the game

Dando wanted to make a point saying this game meant that Pete Carroll is a weak coach. Simply not true, it was a rebuilding year on defense.

coolhand
01-07-06, 03:32 PM
Stop making excuses coolhand, no one in college football could have stopped Young in that game. From watching the game I would say that both coaches were on the top of their game for this one but Carroll just looked like he wanted to prove that he had bigger stones by going for it on 4th twice. People kept talking about how Carroll is a risk taker and goes on 4th all of the time, but the real reason is that he can't recruit special teams. He has a kicker whose career long is 36 yards and the worst punting squad in division one football. It doesn't matter how banged up your D was, if Carroll does his job and get kickers you are national champions. But I am grateful that he can't recruit special teams.
Again, i was not making excuses for the game. I could not have been more clearer.

I am not going to argue with the decision, but your comment about the punter. USC was on the Texas 40 yard line, anyone can make that punt, and USC has a fine punter. Everyone knows that the decision not to punt had nothing to do with USC's special teams.

Ankf00
01-07-06, 03:38 PM
Again, i was not making excuses for the game. I could not have been more clearer.

I am not going to argue with the decision, but your comment about the punter. USC was on the Texas 40 yard line, anyone can make that punt, and USC has a fine punter. Everyone knows that the decision not to punt had nothing to do with USC's special teams.

when carroll goes for it and makes it, he's the greatest coaching mind in the history of mankind

when carroll goes for it and fails to, he's now the goat

:shakehead:

coolhand
01-07-06, 03:42 PM
when carroll goes for it and makes it, he's the greatest coaching mind in the history of mankind

when carroll goes for it and fails to, he's now the goat

:shakehead:

exactly, so thats why I have a problem with people saying he came out of this game a lesser coach. He was two yards away from a total different outcome.

Ankf00
01-07-06, 03:48 PM
I am not even to happy with Pete at the moment.

coolhand
01-07-06, 03:58 PM
Your point ank? I think he made some poor decisions, but i am not questioning his ability to lead SC next season. There is no other coach any SC fan would rather ahve out there.

Tifosi24
01-07-06, 04:47 PM
Fine punter coolhand, there were three different times during the pregame where then mentioned how lacking the punt team was for USC, and actually it is harder to make a punt from the 40 yard line than you think than from twenty yards further back, which will go back to the lacking punt team.

coolhand
01-07-06, 04:54 PM
Fine punter coolhand, there were three different times during the pregame where then mentioned how lacking the punt team was for USC, and actually it is harder to make a punt from the 40 yard line than you think than from twenty yards further back, which will go back to the lacking punt team.

How good our punt team is had nothing to do with the decision to go for it on forth down. White was getting 5 yards a carry that game, and there was a good chance he would ge thte 1st down. sorry tisfosi but its easy to make your argument in hindsight.

coolhand
01-07-06, 05:50 PM
Well, yah, but I was talking about the big world out there.

people will get tired of it really fast when they have to listen to this stuff.

USC.........didn't want to have their little 'ol trophy taken away from them, they NEVER shoulda' invited the Longhorns out there to play 'em.

Playin' a BIG TIME Big 12 football team ain't like playin' them teams like they got out there on the Left Coast........ or even them "Church Schools" like Notre Dame.

Heck, we got "Church Schools" right here in Texas. They play pretty good football, too. Just ask Oklahoma.

Yeah, I know they snookered the Media into sayin' they were 2 Time National Champs, but that's just 'cause the folks over in Baton Rouge are too busy with the hurricane stuff to set 'em straight.

That Rose Bowl is a real nice place y'all got there. Not as loud as Kyle Field, or The Cotton Bowl when OU is in town, but the grass is real purty.

BTW, Vince Young owns The Rose Bowl. They'll prob'ly re-name it after him now.

HOOK 'EM

-tex

Ankf00
01-07-06, 06:14 PM

coolhand
01-07-06, 06:33 PM
bandwagoneers comming your way. :laugh:

Ankf00
01-07-06, 06:56 PM
bandwagoneers comming your way. :laugh:

naw, really? :eek:

what a shame we can already sell out our stadium without them. :gomer:

coolhand
01-07-06, 07:26 PM
naw, really? :eek:

what a shame we can already sell out our stadium without them. :gomer:

a small stadium

Ankf00
01-07-06, 07:42 PM
a small stadium

yea, top 10 in avg attendance nationally, it's just *so* small

you take losing like a bigger wus than Helio :laugh:

I bet you were one of those USC fanboys on the golf course post-game who whined, bitched, and moaned like beligerent, surly children who couldn't just shake hands and share a beer after a great game :rolleyes:

enjoy your moral victory, whatever it may be...

coolhand
01-07-06, 08:38 PM
yea, top 10 in avg attendance nationally, it's just *so* small

you take losing like a bigger wus than Helio :laugh:

SC was 7th this year.
I'm just calling it like it is to OSU fans trying to piggy back on your win. We had to loose someday.

I bet you were one of those USC fanboys on the golf course post-game who whined, bitched, and moaned like beligerent, surly children who couldn't just shake hands and share a beer after a great game :rolleyes:

enjoy your moral victory, whatever it may be...

I thought the golf course was closed due to the rains. never made it up there. Sorry to dissapoint.

Methanolandbrats
01-07-06, 08:46 PM
"Quote:
Originally Posted by coolhand
We had two asian kids out there trying to tackle young.

Racist."

How is that racist? Looks like Asians can't drive cars or tackle. If you disagree, please enlighten me with the list of Asian football studs and championship drivers. I'm waiting.

Winston Wolfe
01-08-06, 02:12 AM
Still mad that I called you out for being willing to whore yourself out for free tickets?

Clear your PM, Fanboy. Its prolly all filled up wif' "Hater" stuff anyway. :gomer:

Oh, and I aint mad.... just calling a spade a spade, that's all. You have a tendency to dwell on the negative, that's all. I aint the first to recognize that either, or the fact that you look like Indiana Jones sidekick from Temple of Doom doesnt do much to convince me that you're really from "Hater Central" either.... Maybe Barry Zito needs a new President of his Fan Club ? :rofl:

coolhand
01-08-06, 04:17 AM
whoa, I missed some good stuff :mad:

Ankf00
01-08-06, 04:32 AM
one of the best photos from the weekend...

DEWEY DEFEATS TRUMAN!

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d62/jeffleighmoore/Image008.jpg

:rofl: :laugh: :rofl:

Ankf00
01-08-06, 01:59 PM
VY declares later today

coolhand
01-08-06, 06:53 PM
VY declares later today

Mo drew has delcared too.

I admit, I want our team to have another chance versus texas and vince.

Stu
01-09-06, 07:59 AM
How is that racist? Looks like Asians can't drive cars or tackle. If you disagree, please enlighten me with the list of Asian football studs and championship drivers. I'm waiting.

:shakehead

Ankf00
01-09-06, 09:10 AM
someone forgot to tell Dat Nguyen that Asians can't have lengthy careers as NFL starters :gomer:

cartman
01-09-06, 01:12 PM

Good game Longhorns.

Even thought you totally disrespect me by not being able to spell my name, I guess I'll respond anyway.

The bulldogs lost by 3 points, sound familiar? :shakehead

coolhand
01-09-06, 01:38 PM
Even thought you totally disrespect me by not being able to spell my name, I guess I'll respond anyway.

The bulldogs lost by 3 points, sound familiar? :shakehead

took you awhile to think of that response?

Ankf00
01-09-06, 02:09 PM
I take back my previous comment, coolhand takes losing like a bigger wus than Ryan Leaf.

Ed_Severson
01-09-06, 02:51 PM
Even thought you totally disrespect me by not being able to spell my name ...

I wouldn't take it personally ... he can barely spell his own. :gomer:

cartman
01-09-06, 03:57 PM
took you awhile to think of that response?

No, I had to deal with real life this weekend instead of forum life. :shakehead

vancouver
01-09-06, 05:09 PM
Ok kids that enough now...

play nice. :thumbup:

Ankf00
01-09-06, 05:26 PM
"Letter to the Editor" in the Houston Chronicle

Rose Bowl ad crosses line
Your ad on Page C6 of Saturday's edition is in bad taste.
Wanting to make money off the Longhorns' win in the Rose Bowl
is understandable. Taunting the Aggies is not. ("We'll even deliver
to College Station")
I am not an Aggie, but I do know Aggies who have been sick to
their stomachs and people who have had trouble sleeping because
of the Rose Bowl (and the Longhorn' win). A former roommate
called my son and said that he could not go to work on Black
Thursday because of the Longhorns' win.
For the Chronicle to participate in this trash talking is
absolutely deplorable.

"Black Thursday" <--- :rofl:

coolhand
01-09-06, 10:51 PM
No, I had to deal with real life this weekend instead of forum life. :shakehead

Look at post #19, you already responded to me. Now you come back a few days later and respond to the same post with your three point comment. So either it was a mental lapse of yours or it did take you that long to come up with that response.

total disrspect to your name? it was a typo, and you got all riled up over it.

Ankf00
01-09-06, 11:00 PM
funny how the condoms keep talking smack...

even after they broke :eek:

Ankf00
01-09-06, 11:54 PM
Warning: bad language in the following link

The Onion's front page of the sports section after the Rose Bowl (http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/7774/onionrosebowl3km.jpg)

coolhand
01-10-06, 03:16 AM
funny how the condoms keep talking smack...
even after they broke :eek:

original :gomer:

cartman
01-10-06, 01:18 PM
Look at post #19, you already responded to me. Now you come back a few days later and respond to the same post with your three point comment. So either it was a mental lapse of yours or it did take you that long to come up with that response.

total disrspect to your name? it was a typo, and you got all riled up over it.

Sheesh, I guess I have to spell it out for you (not suprising to have to spell something out to a USC fan). I posted post #19 about 5 minutes before I was leaving work on Friday. I did not have time to be at my computer or on the forums this weekend so I responded properly when I had time yesterday. So therefore, no mental lapse and no, it didn't take me that long to come up with that response, it took about 5 seconds. :shakehead

jcollins28
01-12-06, 12:40 AM
USC intelligence defined!

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/8606/untitled2dk.png

A friend of mine once said a Trojan is nothing more then a California Texas Aggie. I guess he is right!

Thanks for the pic ANK!!! Classic!!!

Ankf00
01-12-06, 01:05 AM
I <3 that pic. USCK brains at their finest.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v612/Ankf00/rose4.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v612/Ankf00/rose5.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v612/Ankf00/rose6.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v612/Ankf00/rose7.jpg

Ankf00
01-12-06, 01:06 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v612/Ankf00/rose1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v612/Ankf00/rose8.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v612/Ankf00/rose3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v612/Ankf00/rose2.jpg

dando
01-12-06, 01:12 AM
USC intelligence defined!

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/8606/untitled2dk.png

Well, she is blonde....and from SC. :gomer:

-Kevin

Ankf00
01-12-06, 01:27 AM
I was holding onto the flag where the blue and the white meet :cool:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v612/Ankf00/flag_rosebowl_120505_446.jpg

Winston Wolfe
01-12-06, 02:52 AM
I was holding onto the flag where the blue and the white meet :cool:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v612/Ankf00/flag_rosebowl_120505_446.jpg

Yo, Ank
If'n I could figger out how to post my camera phone pics, i would show you a great shot of you, holding the flag, as I was down in tunnel 26 seats, 36 rows up, and have a great shot of the flag covering the end zone !

I also have a great shot of the UT "hand sign" with the background of the smoke of the fireworks from the pregame stuff....

Finally, one of "scoreboard".... with no time on the clock. It was right above my section.... nuff said. :cool:

Friend of mine, who lives in Austin, flew out for the game, we went together. He brings me a burnt orange Nike 'horns logo tee... I sport colors for UT, admittedly jump on the bandwagon, and get hazzled the first 3 qtrs by University of Spoiled Children students, alums, and wanna be drop outs. One dude, donning 'SC colors, states loudly " hey, fella in the orange... you still have a chance to visit one of the merchandize stands to exchange that shirt.. that way you'll be sure to go home a winner ! " I love the SoCal fans, and their attitudes... I asked that dude if he wanted some ketchup with his crow pie after the game... He actually shook my hand and said "Nice game"... :D

hard to believe it all happened a week ago already !

Ankf00
01-12-06, 08:23 AM
1. send the photos in a text message to your own email address...
2. set up an account at photobucket.com or imageshack
3. upload said pictures to photobucket or imageshack account
4. post here

:D

devilmaster
01-12-06, 01:47 PM
Thanks for the email ank.

Good set of pics. :thumbup:

Ankf00
01-12-06, 02:17 PM
Consider it my thank you for your Wolverines laying down at the end of last year's Rose Bowl :)

edit: nevermind, Mike & Mike are idiots and got the wrong Bush, Michael Bush..

Ankf00
01-13-06, 01:11 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/links/060111

"Some people talk trash by making lewd gestures and screaming obscenities; others spend $10,000 on a billboard."

www.onepeat.com

Ed_Severson
01-13-06, 02:48 PM
:laugh: :rofl:

Thanks for the heads-up, f00boy. Donation sent. :thumbup:

Oh, and great e-mail too. Looks like you had a damn good time!

Stu
01-13-06, 02:50 PM
While a great idea, USC did share the title with LSU in 03, to leave them off the board makes their point clearer, but is inaccurate. :thumdown:

Ankf00
01-13-06, 04:18 PM
While a great idea, USC did share the title with LSU in 03, to leave them off the board makes their point clearer, but is inaccurate. :thumdown:

We'll just forget that Aggy beat Tulane in the Sugar Bowl in 1939 and finished 11-0, and #1 AP...

Cornell beat Ohio State and was #4 AP, #1 in two polls, and doesn't recognize either as a legitimate MNC.

USCK decided in the year 2004 that they would "share" the 1939 title despite being #3 AP. USCK saw that some FORMULA poll (Dickinson Poll by a U of Illinois econ professor) had them #1 and decided 65 years later to declare themselves national champs. (Notre Dame doesn't recognize any Dickinson poll championships)

1939 USCK finished 8-0-2 and saw fit todeclare themselves champs through a formula despite decrying a formula's inequities in 2003. Hypocrites & revisionists.

USCK signed onto BCS of their own volition, they lost a game in '03 and were excluded by the formula. The formula which they agreed to. The formula works to their advantage in '04 yet they claim an outright title that year despite Auburn running the table.

'03 LSU
'04 USC
'05 Texas

:gomer:

verdict: billboard accurate + funny b/c it's right by USC campus :rofl:

G.
01-13-06, 05:12 PM
Even thought you totally disrespect me by not being able to spell my name,
:confused:

cool pics, Ank.

Stu
01-13-06, 05:28 PM
Sorry ANK. The BCS website must be wrong then.

Ankf00
01-13-06, 05:29 PM
Sorry ANK. The BCS website must be wrong then.

You must have special glasses, I didn't see USCK in the '03 Sugar. Guess I need LASIK :gomer:

Stu
01-13-06, 08:13 PM

For the only time since the BCS was formed, there is a split national champion. LSU finishes atop the coaches' poll by beating Oklahoma in the Sugar Bowl in a pairing of the top two teams in the BCS Standings. USC, ranked first in both polls on Bowl Selection Sunday, is left out of the BCS championship game when the Trojans finish third in the BCS standings. But USC wins the Associated Press' championship after beating Michigan in the Rose Bowl. Oklahoma, which spent the season as the top-ranked team in both polls, earns a spot in the Sugar Bowl by finishing first in the final BCS Standings even though the Sooners lose to Kansas State in the Big 12 championship game. LSU, the SEC champion, edges USC for second place in the final BCS Standings to advance to the Sugar Bowl.

The Conference Champions
Atlantic Coast: Florida State (10-2)
Big East: Miami (10-2)
Big Ten: Michigan (10-2)
Big 12: Kansas State (11-3)
Pac-10: USC (11-1)
Southeastern: LSU (12-1)

Other Participants
Oklahoma (12-1)
Ohio State (10-2)

The Matchups
Sugar: (2) LSU 21, (1) Oklahoma 14
Orange: (9) Miami 16, (7) Florida State 14
Rose: (3) USC 28, (4) Michigan 14
Fiesta: (5) Ohio State 35, (10) Kansas State 28

The Result

A split decision: LSU finishes atop the coaches' poll; USC is No. 1 in the Associated Press poll.

Ankf00
01-13-06, 08:20 PM
You can copy & paste, congrats.

bottom line: They signed on to the system, they lost out. You don't get to change the rules once you've started the game.

So which is it, the AP matters, or the formula matters? '39 or '03? LSU played blOwU, not USCK. Too bad for USCK.

Stick to contemplating the Browns future & draft picks with All-Star Charlie Frye and talking smack to Bengals fans :laugh:

in other news: the USC song girl has been travelling around in history (http://forums.hornfans.com/php/wwwthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=football&Number=3929114&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=)

a couple of those are just ****ed up, but some of them are great. Sooners are good at one thing, and that is farking.

nrc
01-13-06, 08:33 PM
Stick to contemplating the Browns future & draft picks with All-Star Charlie Frye and talking smack to Bengals fans :laugh:
Now be fair. It wasn't so much "smack" as a Michael Jacksonesque "You ain't bad!"

coolhand
01-13-06, 08:35 PM
Notice how everyone is still talking about USC football? even the title of the thread is about how they lost and not about the team that won. :thumbup: :cool:

The AP being part of the BCS is the only reason the BCS got of the ground and had any sort of validity. If USC's AP championship is not valid, then none of the previous AP titles are valid. The AP was a critical component of the BCS in the 2003 system and it corrected an error in that the #1 team in both polls did not get to go to the NC game. Disgruntled LSU fans and their fanboys want to take it out on USC when their beef should be with the AP for giving it to us. All LSU did in the Sugar bowl was repeat what Kansas State did. They were National champs too and sadly SC and LSU never got to play.

Stu
01-13-06, 08:38 PM
Whatever Ank. The BCS says USC was a co-champ in 2003. Had USC won this year it would have been called a 3peat, not a back to back championship.

So whether you like it or not, whether you think its right or not, officially, according to the people that matter, USC was a co champion, and that billboard is not factually correct.

edit: thanks skaven for pointing out my typo.

skaven
01-13-06, 08:46 PM
...snip... and that billboard is not factually incorrect.

:confused:

Sean O'Gorman
01-13-06, 09:54 PM
Notice how everyone is still talking about USC football? even the title of the thread is about how they lost and not about the team that won. :thumbup: :cool:

People talk about me alot, doesn't make me a great person, now does it? :laugh:

coolhand
01-13-06, 10:08 PM
People talk about me alot, doesn't make me a great person, now does it? :laugh:

If you are willing to degrade your self to make a point, cool. Good or Bad its not reflecting upon USC itself but rather how much some people are obsessed with them. I was wrong, I thought everyone would be talking about Texas all offseason, but people don't seem as excited about them especially with VY leaving.

Sean O'Gorman
01-13-06, 10:33 PM
If you are willing to degrade your self to make a point, cool.

Obviously you don't know me too well. :p

Ankf00
01-14-06, 12:20 AM

The AP being part of the BCS is the only reason the BCS got of the ground and had any sort of validity. If USC's AP championship is not valid, then none of the previous AP titles are valid. The AP was a critical component of the BCS in the 2003 system and it corrected an error in that the #1 team in both polls did not get to go to the NC game. Disgruntled LSU fans and their fanboys want to take it out on USC when their beef should be with the AP for giving it to us. All LSU did in the Sugar bowl was repeat what Kansas State did. They were National champs too and sadly SC and LSU never got to play.

enjoy your Alabama-style titles, wanker. Maybe you guys can claim the '05 ESPN title too! "We're still the greatest team ever, even if we lost! NYAH, NYAH!!"

Now be fair. It wasn't so much "smack" as a Michael Jacksonesque "You ain't bad!"

true, I propose a new law, Clevelanders are banned from talking smack.

Ankf00
01-14-06, 12:23 AM
If you are willing to degrade your self to make a point, cool. Good or Bad its not reflecting upon USC itself but rather how much some people are obsessed with them. I was wrong, I thought everyone would be talking about Texas all offseason, but people don't seem as excited about them especially with VY leaving.

yea, that must be why Mack Brown and VY are all over the sports page lately :laugh:

get back to your D&D game, EE.

coolhand
01-14-06, 04:05 AM
enjoy your Alabama-style titles, wanker. Maybe you guys can claim the '05 ESPN title too! "We're still the greatest team ever, even if we lost! NYAH, NYAH!!"

How about you take up your lame "onepeat" claim to the AP and BCS commity who granted us the NC in 2003. Or is your little crusade here nothing more then hot air by somone who feels some sort of insecuity about thier program or somthing.

coolhand
01-14-06, 04:06 AM
yea, that must be why Mack Brown and VY are all over the sports page lately :laugh:

No its all about USC, how they blew it, and the subsequent backlash by people who are tired about hearing about them, and then Vince Young. Plus the UCLA, OSU, LSU, and Auburn Fans trying to piggyback on Texas' victory.

Ankf00
01-14-06, 05:09 AM
How about you take up your lame "onepeat" claim to the AP and BCS commity who granted us the NC in 2003. Or is your little crusade here nothing more then hot air by somone who feels some sort of insecuity about thier program or somthing.

hey big boy, '39 or '03, which is it?

is this choice a little difficult now that daddy isn't around to make your decision for you? awww, too bad, so sad...

come back when you grow some grey matter and can make a logical argument of your own that goes beyond "the pac 10 is tough this year" "our defense is only bad because pac 10 offenses are so good," which you then come around and say "we only lost by 3 points, NYAH!!! NYAH!!!"

Oregon was beaten by OU, you were beaten by us. too bad for you daddy can't save you from this predicament. :gomer:

please oh PLEASE try to explain to me how you're not located in south central, I'd love to hear that one again :rolleyes:

Ankf00
01-14-06, 05:13 AM
No its all about USC, how they blew it, and the subsequent backlash by people who are tired about hearing about them, and then Vince Young. Plus the UCLA, OSU, LSU, and Auburn Fans trying to piggyback on Texas' victory.

I'm going to assume you can count to 5, it is a stretch seeing as you do attend USCK for undergraduate studies...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/index

5 UT articles, 1 USCK article about bush vs. young for the #1 draft pick

yea, the national media is just OBSESSED with USCK :rolleyes:

stick to playing dungeons and dragons, at least in this game you can pretend like you possess some level of competency :rolleyes:

sorry, you dont get a 2nd shot at UT & vince, you were whupped plain and simple. mr "we're the greatest modern dynasty ever." you bought your own hype before the season even started. your hero bush was the 5th best offensive player on the field that night. and 6th best player overall... too bad for your hero worshipping :gomer:

I think it's your turn with the 15 sided die :gomer:

Ankf00
01-14-06, 05:42 AM
you're going to open your mouth again, but do yourself a favor and just shut it.

scoreboard, bitch. I'm sorry, D&D sorcerer powers can't score a touchdown.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v677/funkster9/IMG_3310.jpg

coolhand
01-16-06, 09:06 PM
hey big boy, '39 or '03, which is it?

is this choice a little difficult now that daddy isn't around to make your decision for you? awww, too bad, so sad...

come back when you grow some grey matter and can make a logical argument of your own that goes beyond "the pac 10 is tough this year" "our defense is only bad because pac 10 offenses are so good," which you then come around and say "we only lost by 3 points, NYAH!!! NYAH!!!"

Oregon was beaten by OU, you were beaten by us. too bad for you daddy can't save you from this predicament. :gomer:

please oh PLEASE try to explain to me how you're not located in south central, I'd love to hear that one again :rolleyes:

wow, your really going over the top. I must be really starting to bother you, better stop before your maturity level drops ever farther.

I cannot make a decision? you cannot even stay on topic, you are the fool comming in here trying to take away USC's 2003 NC, (a season your team went down to San Deigo and lost to WSU) and have demonstrated you could not look at it critically. You bought into a LSU fans hype out of pure USC jeluousy. I guess winning is not even to satify you.

about 1939, thats not my decision, but look at the Dickinson Poll.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCAA_Division_I-A_national_football_champions
USC was the champion of the ONLY national level, post-bowl game poll that existed in 1939. USC recognized their title in 1939. The only thing that happened in 2004 was that USC reasserted the fact that we claimed part of the 1939 title for those who forgot. Texas A&M were also champions that year. There have been many split champs since.

Even the NCAA reconizes it.
http://www.ncaa.org/champadmin/ia_football_past_champs.html

Look at LSU's other NC, a slpit NC in 1958 and they only got the AP. So by their logic, if our 03 does not count then their 1958 does not count.

You really should take this up with the Officall organizations that reconize these championships. The same organizations the U of Texas belongs too.

coolhand
01-16-06, 09:08 PM
I'm going to assume you can count to 5, it is a stretch seeing as you do attend USCK for undergraduate studies...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/index

5 UT articles, 1 USCK article about bush vs. young for the #1 draft pick

yea, the national media is just OBSESSED with USCK :rolleyes:

stick to playing dungeons and dragons, at least in this game you can pretend like you possess some level of competency :rolleyes:

sorry, you dont get a 2nd shot at UT & vince, you were whupped plain and simple. mr "we're the greatest modern dynasty ever." you bought your own hype before the season even started. your hero bush was the 5th best offensive player on the field that night. and 6th best player overall... too bad for your hero worshipping :gomer:

I think it's your turn with the 15 sided die :gomer:

Again, my post had nothing to do with The Rose Bowl but the 2003 NC that you caime in here with a very weak argument. You preceded to get shown to be a fool on the matter. So you resort to a trollish tacic of changing to subject to the RB that had nothing to do with the 2003 season. Nice try, but when you feel embarassed next time stay on topic and remember name calling does nothing to advance your argument.

also, go look at the yahoo NCAAF page, USC has its own header for the news section. If Texas lost i dont think we would be seeing the same press. Except maybe mack brown's firing.

coolhand
01-16-06, 09:11 PM
you're going to open your mouth again, but do yourself a favor and just shut it.

scoreboard, bitch. I'm sorry, D&D sorcerer powers can't score a touchdown.

Scoreboard of the 2006 RB i assume? I thought we were talking about the 2003 NC. I will show up any time to debate the 2003 season like you just did, and shoot your argument down in flames. 2006 is illrelvent to what you tried to do internet tough guy.. lol

Ankf00
01-17-06, 01:34 AM
I will show up any time to debate the 2003 season like you just did, and shoot your argument down in flames.

with gems like this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCAA_D...tball_champions
USC was the champion of the ONLY national level, post-bowl game poll that existed in 1939. USC recognized their title in 1939. The only thing that happened in 2004 was that USC reasserted the fact that we claimed part of the 1939 title for those who forgot. Texas A&M were also champions that year. There have been many split champs since.

USC didn't recognize that title until 2004, look it up in your own wikipedia link. Notre Dame never recognized their Dickinson titles, then again, some programs have class, other programs are located in south central :gomer:

Until 2004 USC never claimed that title, voices in your own head do not change that fact.

The Dickinson Poll wasn't a poll, it was a formula. So which is it, formula or AP, you never answered that question.

Like I said, have fun with your Alabama-style championships... You guys won the 2005 ESPN Championship too, don't forget to add that to your media guide :gomer: