PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning and finding things

RHR_Fan
01-05-06, 12:38 AM
You ever have that experience where when you're cleaning and you find something really cool you thought you lost or didn't have? Well I was going through some school stuff from last year and I found a copy of "Stairway to Heaven" for the violin! I thought I had turned that in. It made my day...

~Nicole

Rob
01-05-06, 01:58 AM
If there's a bustle in your hedgerow
Don't be alarmed now
It's just a spring clean for the May Queen

Too bad it's not spring and you weren't born in May. ;)

Robstar
01-05-06, 02:20 AM
I found $50 in the pocket of my pants this morning :thumbup: :thumbup:

mapguy
01-05-06, 07:06 AM
I found my pants this morning.

Cam
01-05-06, 09:10 AM

Finally!!!! After all these years! :rofl:

TKGAngel
01-05-06, 09:26 AM
You ever have that experience where when you're cleaning and you find something really cool you thought you lost or didn't have? Well I was going through some school stuff from last year and I found a copy of "Stairway to Heaven" for the violin! I thought I had turned that in. It made my day...

~Nicole

Very cool. I'll usually end up finding money in old purses in my closet. I agree that finding unexpected stuff makes your day.

rocket
01-05-06, 09:38 AM
When I moved I found some mary jane and "paraphenalia" :D

cart7
01-05-06, 12:27 PM
I recently discovered a bag full of old CART and Indy event pins I'd misplaced when my wife was cleaning out a closet. I was going to make a display with them and now I'm not even sure what to do.

I may even offer them for sale here.... maybe.

devilmaster
01-05-06, 12:53 PM
Finally!!!! After all these years! :rofl:

I got 10 bucks that says he still doesn't put them on.... ;) :D

RHR_Fan
01-05-06, 01:30 PM
When I was cleaning my room about a year-and-a-half ago or something like that, I found old birthday money. No old CC stuff...yet.

~Nicole

eiregosod
01-05-06, 02:14 PM
I found £70 under my bed!

I can't mention other stuff because this is a family forum *cough*

Wabbit
01-05-06, 03:34 PM
A couple of months ago I was cleaning up a mess the wife had made and found her $75 (cash) bonus from a year ago.

No, I didn't tell her.

Robstar
01-05-06, 09:43 PM

LOL... That ol' chestnut... :D

Methanolandbrats
01-05-06, 10:52 PM
When I'm picking up empty beer bottles and find a full one I'm happy :thumbup:

Anteater
01-05-06, 11:12 PM
I was in my sewing/hobby room yesterday when I knocked over a stack of CDs; a couple of them fell behind the bookcase. Now I'm wondering what else might be back there. It sort of gives me an incentive to clean the room and find out!

Robstar
01-06-06, 12:55 AM
^ & that's when you'll find the good stuff... :thumbup:

Lizzerd
01-06-06, 02:14 AM
Ok, this isn't a cleaning thing, but a finding thing.

I was home from college for Christmas. Had to be in the late '70's. My four-year-younger-than-me brother had taken over my paper route when I left home for a higher education (remember when kids did it on their bikes?). He scored enough "points" with new subscriptions to "win" a CB radio, sans antenna, before Christmas. Santa gave him an antenna and he and I went out to the garage to install the CB and antenna in Dad's car. To run the wires to the trunk, we had to take out the rear bench seat. Under it, we found a couple dollars in change and a BIG fat joint. I went into the bathroom and re-rolled it into two normal twisty treats and, at 8:30 Christmas morning, we said we were going to cruise the Interstate and listen to truckers for a while.

Damn... that Christmas dinner was good.

tllips
01-06-06, 09:37 AM
When I'm picking up empty beer bottles and find a full one I'm happy :thumbup:

Until you find that someone had been using it as an ash tray. :eek: :thumdown:

Paintergeek
01-08-06, 09:33 PM
Just a couple weeks ago, I went to my office party and left my winter jacket in the back of the wagon. I kept forgettin it was back there, so one day I went out , grabbed it, and threw it on the passenger seat. It landed with the liner showing, and I saw a little 'cell phone' pocket there I hadnt noticed before. I opened it, stuck my fingers in, and felt a cardboard insert......Only it was no insert, It was $200 in 20's, crisp new bills, folded tightly in half!

Since I have had this coat since new (team issue), I can only assume I DID know about that pocket at some point in time.......on a payday at that!

It was a great pre-christmas find.