PDA

View Full Version : OCers around Pasadena

Sean O'Gorman
01-04-06, 02:32 PM
I can't believe I'm doing him a favor, but Ank just called me and said if anyone is near Pasadena and has time during their lunch hour that can drop off a white dress shirt (medium sized) at the Rose Bowl so he can be on the field to unfurl the giant Texas flag, please do so. He is tailgating and can't leave the parking lot. He said he'll buy you dinner and drinks etc.

PM me and I will provide his cell #.

racer2c
01-04-06, 02:33 PM
:rofl:

devilmaster
01-04-06, 02:37 PM
sheesh. :laugh:

If you can, call him back. Tell him to call some rental place, and have them deliver the shirt. Have him explain to the rental place that it would be a decent story for them to use as advertising - and when ank goes home, he can also tell the story round campus and online. Give the rental place some props.....

Sean O'Gorman
01-04-06, 02:40 PM
Personally I was hoping no one but coolhand would step up. :D

chop456
01-04-06, 02:41 PM
Someone send him a camisole.

DjDrOmusic
01-04-06, 03:11 PM
Now what could possibly be happening at the Rose Bowl that would have any significance to anyone from Texas??? ;) :rofl:

dando
01-04-06, 03:29 PM
I can't believe I'm doing him a favor, but Ank just called me and said if anyone is near Pasadena and has time during their lunch hour that can drop off a white dress shirt (medium sized) at the Rose Bowl so he can be on the field to unfurl the giant Texas flag, please do so. He is tailgating and can't leave the parking lot. He said he'll buy you dinner and drinks etc.

I'd txt him myself, but then I'd just end up with my cell phone going off for all hours into the night tonight (which I'm sure it will anyway). :gomer:

-Kevin

TravelGal
01-04-06, 03:32 PM
You mean Ank DOESN'T travel with a dress shirt???? :rofl:

Gnam
01-04-06, 04:24 PM
Someone send him a camisole.
How about a puffy shirt?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v138/HulkamaniacUM/puffyshirt.jpg

RichK
01-04-06, 04:39 PM
I'll buy TWO dinners to anyone that can deliver him a Texas A&M shirt!

Stu
01-04-06, 04:41 PM

Tell the bum to walk 1.2 miles southeast. There is a banana republic there.

dando
01-04-06, 06:02 PM
Tell the bum to walk 1.2 miles southeast. There is a banana republic there.
By now, walking may not be much of an option for f00boy. ;-)

-Kevin

Sean O'Gorman
01-04-06, 06:52 PM
He said situation resolved, look for him on field.

I think he is the one on the left:

http://blogs.indiewire.com/eug/archives/images/john_cho1-thumb.jpg

Sean O'Gorman
01-04-06, 06:57 PM

I'd txt him myself, but then I'd just end up with my cell phone going off for all hours into the night tonight (which I'm sure it will anyway). :gomer:

-Kevin

Yeah, nothing like getting a half dozen messages consisting of gems such as "a 12 for lunch does a body good", and "Youll puke on yerself n end up wiht a meth addled whore from WI in the portopotty."

dando
01-04-06, 07:06 PM
"a 12 for lunch does a body good

Got that one, too, eh? :laugh:

This oughta be a hoot....I just hope he's not one of the crew holding onto BeVo, or that cow will drag him all over the field. :rofl:

-Kevin

Wheel-Nut
01-04-06, 07:09 PM
I found him in the crowd.
http://www.houstonchronicle.com/photos/2006/01/04/835034/image-custom.jpg

Sean O'Gorman
01-04-06, 07:35 PM
Got that one, too, eh? :laugh:

This oughta be a hoot....I just hope he's not one of the crew holding onto BeVo, or that cow will drag him all over the field. :rofl:

-Kevin

How the hell does one man drink so much and still only weigh 90 lbs?

TravelGal
01-04-06, 07:36 PM
Superb news. As much as we might kid, this is a once in a lifetime chance. I'm SO happy it worked out for him! :D

skaven
01-04-06, 08:12 PM
Superb news. As much as we might kid, this is a once in a lifetime chance. I'm SO happy it worked out for him! :D

I'm happy for the kid too, but if VY sticks around, Texas might have another national championship game waiting for them next year too.

I can't believe I'm getting ready to type this, but here goes.... :saywhat:

GO Texas ! ! ! :thumbup: :D

dando
01-04-06, 08:15 PM
GO Texas ! ! !

:saywhat:

Well, itz better than Hook 'em Horns, I guess. :gomer:

-Kevin

skaven
01-04-06, 08:20 PM
Ooops... I forgot the proper cheer. :gomer:

That shows you how much a Texas fan I am. :laugh:

Dr. Corkski
01-04-06, 09:55 PM
OK, I know Ank got in, but what was he doing returning punts for Texas? :laugh:

indyfan31
01-05-06, 01:20 AM
I think Ank just passed out. We'll never hear the end of this. :D

Lizzerd
01-05-06, 01:33 AM
Yeah, I can't wait. I think it's time to try the "ignore poster" feature.

Wheel-Nut
01-05-06, 10:09 AM
He's probably passed out in some sleazy motel room laying in a pool of his own vomit.

TravelGal
01-05-06, 02:29 PM
I think Ank just passed out. We'll never hear the end of this. :D

I know; even though the pain I feel for Matt L is pretty intense right now, the feeling that we won't EVER be able to get away from hearing about this from Ank is worse. :rolleyes:

coolhand
01-05-06, 08:37 PM
Personally I was hoping no one but coolhand would step up. :D

besides not checking this forum all break, and if the remote chance i had a white dress shirt i would have been more then happy to put a burnt orange streak on it for him to wear :D

It was not easy getting to the stadium, and once you got there there was NOTHING for the casual fan. only a few rows of tailgaters (oh whom had to be the first 150 cars or so. The rest of it was big hospitality areas that you needed passes to get into. The BC$ game means you better bring a couple grand for the weekend. :shakehead

skaven
01-06-06, 11:50 AM
:saywhat:

Well, itz better than Hook 'em Horns, I guess. :gomer:

-Kevin

One more comment, my hand is physically unable to contort itself into such a bastardized configuration. :p

I've got down the goter clap, the finger and the Warlock! death-metal uber satan lock though. :laugh:

devilmaster
01-06-06, 12:00 PM
So do we have to send the hounds out looking for Anky? :confused:

KLang
01-06-06, 12:20 PM

Must be one HELL of a hangover. :laugh:

G.
01-06-06, 12:40 PM
Must be one HELL of a hangover. :laugh:Got Bail?

dando
01-06-06, 03:35 PM
My guess is he passed out and woke up @ Neverland Ranch. :gomer:

I'd try to txt him, but I'm afraid the police might trace it. :D

-Kevin

skaven
01-06-06, 04:04 PM
My guess is he passed out and woke up @ Neverland Ranch. :gomer:

-Kevin

:shudder: :rofl:

Lizzerd
01-06-06, 04:11 PM

NO!

devilmaster
01-06-06, 05:25 PM
NO!

Well, what if we sent the hounds out after not feeding them for a few days? ;)

Ankf00
01-06-06, 10:31 PM
hangover? pfff :p

although I do have to say the majority of USC fanboys are straight from south central, I don't think I've ever had my life threatened at a sporting event before... let alone an entire tailgate party threatened multiple times by 15-20 stoned/drunk hoods. really classy. I must have missed the part when offering free beer & brisket to strangers became a personal affront :rolleyes:

Michigan contingent last year >>>>>>> USC contingent this year

the actual USC alums were great folks though.

USC song girls... OVER ****ING RATED *puke*

more caked on makeup than a L'oreal exhibition

It was not easy getting to the stadium, and once you got there there was NOTHING for the casual fan. only a few rows of tailgaters (oh whom had to be the first 150 cars or so. The rest of it was big hospitality areas that you needed passes to get into. The BC$ game means you better bring a couple grand for the weekend.

what city and state were you in? tix were 600 for USC sections on ebay, cheaper if you know alums. tailgates as far as the eye could see w/ trojans and 'horns, I helped set 3 different ones up myself.

the golf course was packed from 7am until more than an hour after it all ended

cart7
01-06-06, 11:22 PM
Good to see the goal posts didn't come down on your skinny ***.

Sounds like you had some fun. :D

RacinM3
01-07-06, 03:32 AM
It was not easy getting to the stadium

Haha....that's what happens when the stadium is built in 1922, has parking lots fed by tiny two-lane roads, through some of the most expensive real estate in So Cal. The local people have NO interest in making the stadium any more accessible (or non-accessible as the case may be) than it already is.

If you're going to the Rose Bowl, leave early.

I grew up near there, in S. Pasadena...my parents now live about a mile from the Rose Bowl. I'm glad Ank didn't show up drunk on their doorstep. :p

devilmaster
01-07-06, 03:56 AM
Haha....that's what happens when the stadium is built in 1922, has parking lots fed by tiny two-lane roads, through some of the most expensive real estate in So Cal. The local people have NO interest in making the stadium any more accessible (or non-accessible as the case may be) than it already is.

Sounds like MIS in its heyday.

dando
01-07-06, 12:05 PM
Sounds like MIS in its heyday.
Except for the high-priced real estate. ;)

-Kevin