PDA

View Full Version : world jr hockey

trauma1
01-04-06, 09:32 AM
i watched the game last night between the US and Russia, what class shown by the canadian hosts and fans, chanting US sucks, , lots of class vancover, real low class

Stu
01-04-06, 09:47 AM
i watched the game last night between the US and Russia, what class shown by the canadian hosts and fans, chanting US sucks, , lots of class vancover, real low class

The irony is, our continent would be hurt so drastically if we didn't have such good relationships between the countries. Canada is our #1 trade partner, yet we suck.

Meh, whatever. As long as its not the businessmen up there that think we suck.

trauma1
01-04-06, 10:00 AM
The irony is, our continent would be hurt so drastically if we didn't have such good relationships between the countries. Canada is our #1 trade partner, yet we suck.

Meh, whatever. As long as its not the businessmen up there that think we suck.
makes you wounder about the olyimpics coming up in vancover, it's going to be a disaster, :shakehead

mapguy
01-04-06, 10:23 AM
I wouldn't expect anything less from the 'left' coast of Canada. ;) :)

dando
01-04-06, 12:08 PM
Wasn't it in Montreal that our neighbors booed the US national anthem back in '04? I also believe that Habs fans threw a banana on the ice when Freddie B was in G once. There are always a few in every crowd that will be bad examples. I refuse to believe that the majority of our friends up north feel that way...other than those nuts in Windsor. :gomer:

-Kevin

ChampCar#3
01-05-06, 03:41 PM
Let me chime in here on this subject but it's all I.M.H.O. !
First all, I don't support the fans that booed the USA or any nation but I always try to understand the reasons behind the booing.
The USA is the benchmark that other nations try to strive for in sports, business and anything else. But I think most of this animosity might have been brought on by the USA fans themselves. Just look at all the international sporting events that the USA have dominated their opposition and the USA fans chant "USA USA USA" . The countries that are on the losing end feel like their noses are being rubbed in it. Then there is the US Dream team in basketball whose philosphy was to run up the score and mock and trash talk the other teams.
Then there is political aspect.........the Iraq war, don't need to delve too far into that!
The softwood lumber conflict in which the World court has ruled in Canadas favor and against the USA. The USA hasn't paid the millions (billions?) that is owed to the Canada. This alone has cost BC forestry industry thousands of jobs.

But Canada is the host country and we should act classy and not boo other teams.

Like I said just IMHO

Night Train
01-05-06, 07:52 PM
The best way to express your political differences with another country is obviously to boo a bunch of kids who can't vote yet!

If all the booing was for Johnson's hit in the round robin game, I'd understand more, but it's not.

^Not directed at the above poster!