PDA

View Full Version : Bad news for me....

Kiwifan
01-04-06, 01:07 AM
Just had confirmation today that SKY TV New Zealand won't be showing Champ Cars on TV again this year. :mad:

I'm gutted to say the least......

Rusty.

dando
01-04-06, 01:15 AM
Dat sux, Rus. :( You could move, ya know. ;)

-Kevin

Kiwifan
01-04-06, 05:14 AM
Wot? To Australia!? Good grief! Nice place but, I wouldn't want to live there. ;)

Nah, just joking, it's my second home. As much as I love to bag the Aussies I do admire them especially how they run the show in October. :thumbup:

I "might" be able to "borrow" someones feed if I can get the right gear. ;)

Rusty.

CART_Surfer
01-04-06, 07:04 AM
Hi Kiwifan, have you considered Race Director through the Champcar website, the live feed is probably way too early in the morning for you but they generally get the replay access up pretty quickly!!!

Andrew Longman
01-04-06, 11:09 AM
Hi Kiwifan, have you considered Race Director through the Champcar website, the live feed is probably way too early in the morning for you but they generally get the replay access up pretty quickly!!!

Ditto.

I've come to watch most of the races on Director either live or delayed.

Great way to time shift without worrying if I set the VCR right, no commercials, timing and scoring and I can pick my camera.

dando
01-04-06, 12:10 PM
Ditto.

I've come to watch most of the races on Director either live or delayed.

Great way to time shift without worrying if I set the VCR right, no commercials, timing and scoring and I can pick my camera.
Heck, it's even free for 1/2 of the season. :saywhat: :mad:

Oh well, that was $25 to a good cause, I guess.

-Kevin

nz_climber
01-04-06, 03:53 PM
damm another year with no coverage :(

KLang
01-04-06, 04:12 PM
Have you guys tried emailing Champ Car to complain?

Kiwifan
01-04-06, 05:24 PM
Yep, although I haven't this year to be honest. Sadly, I have never had a reply from anyone at CART or Champ Car in all of the times I've written, praising or pleading. ;) I have had wonderful replies from Cosworth, Simple Green and Road America which is nice.

Tried Race Director but maybe it's a distance thing as it was very laggy and I couldn't get anything other one screen to work.

Oh well, I still have this place. :)

Rusty.

KLang
01-04-06, 05:27 PM
You might try starting a thread over at the official Champ Car forums. I assume someone from Champ Car keeps an eye on what is being discussed.

krunch
01-17-06, 02:14 AM
Seeing how Sky has taken Formoola 1 off TVNZ it seems pretty certain that we have seen the last of Champcar on Sky for the forseeable future.

Do you remember the uproar when Bernie "insisted" that Sky not run Champcar as well as F1 in the early nineties?

I didn't see one Champcar race last season and as we rural dwellers can't pick up broadband even racedirector is out of the question.

Kiwifan
01-17-06, 02:30 AM
Hi krunch. Where ya been mate?

The guys at SKY were all very nice but until we get it back on ESPN International or get a KIWI back in the Series then it's going to be slim pickings I'm afraid. Sad days ahead for us kiwifans eh? Bugger.

Don't be a stranger krunch.

Rusty.

oddlycalm
01-17-06, 02:52 PM
Seems like a race series that bills itself as a Pacific Rim series is making a rather serious blunder by not having race broadcasts in NZ. :thumdown:

oc

Kiwifan
01-18-06, 01:04 AM
I could see the writing on the wall once we lost ESPN International. I know you guys thought ESPN sucked but we had the BEST with the International feed. Gone but not forgotten. Jeremy, Jeremy where art thou? You're not spending all of your time Trackside are ya? ;)

Oh those were the days........ It was the coverage that made me the rabid fan I am. Lord I'd hate to think (like most of you here) how much I've spent on CART/Champ Car tours and gear. As long as my wife doesn't know or read this I'm sweet. :)

Rusty.