PDA

View Full Version : Great News to End the Year

Tifosi24
12-31-05, 06:43 PM
I just thought I would let everyone know that I got engaged to my beautiful girlfriend Lindsay last evening. It was something I had waited a long time for and I am so happy that we are finally engaged. Now the fun of planning a wedding can begin. I hope everyone has a very festive and safe New Years.

trish
12-31-05, 06:46 PM
Congratulations! :)

Anteater
12-31-05, 06:49 PM
Congratulations,T24! :thumbup:

RHR_Fan
12-31-05, 06:57 PM
Awwwwww, that's so cute!! Congrats! :thumbup:

BTW, are you on facebook?

~Nicole

dando
12-31-05, 07:18 PM
Congrats!

I think... :gomer: :D

:thumbup:

-Kevin

Spicoli
12-31-05, 07:34 PM
This thread is worthless witout pictures. :p

Of her, not you.

spinner26
12-31-05, 07:34 PM
Not as expensive to end as if you had said you'd gotten married. :D

For real though, Congratulations!

TravelGal
12-31-05, 07:51 PM
Congratulations! Fantastic news. Looks like a bright and happy New Year for both of you!

nrc
01-01-06, 01:45 AM
Congrats and best wishes!

Lizzerd
01-01-06, 02:10 AM
Been there, done that... :eek: Didn't work for me. :saywhat:

Seriously, though, congrats to both of you. Wishing you decades of happiness together. :thumbup:

Rob
01-01-06, 12:12 PM
Well done, Tif. Congratulations! :thumbup:

chop456
01-01-06, 12:18 PM
Good thinking.

This way you can write her off on your 2005 taxes. :thumbup:

Spicoli
01-01-06, 12:20 PM
Been there, done that... :eek: Didn't work for me. :saywhat:

Gee, I wonder why Pig Pen. :gomer:

fourrunner
01-01-06, 12:23 PM
Congratulations Tifosi ... I wish you all good things!! :thumbup:

Methanolandbrats
01-01-06, 08:07 PM
Now the fun of planning a wedding can begin.

You think you're gonna have something to do with planning the wedding :rofl: Let us know how that goes :D

Dr. Corkski
01-02-06, 01:04 PM
Congrats. :thumbup:

Let me know when the bachelor party is.

Sean O'Gorman
01-02-06, 02:23 PM
Aww, how sad. And he had his whole life to look forward to.

Just kidding. Congrats, I think. :saywhat: ;)

RaceGrrl
01-02-06, 02:28 PM
My advice: secretly elope and then just have the ceremony for the enjoyment of your friends and family. It will take the pressure off. About two weeks before our wedding, I was so freaking tired of living the wedding plans I just wanted to chuck all of the plans and just get married at city hall. They don't call the wifey-to-be "Bridezilla" for nothing.

skaven
01-03-06, 01:21 PM
Now the fun of planning a wedding can begin.

Congrats on the good news. :thumbup:

I'm fit to be married this summer... honestly, I can't wait until its over. :D

oddlycalm
01-03-06, 05:53 PM
Congratulations! All the best to both of you.

oc

Don Quixote
01-03-06, 06:31 PM
Congrats. And here's another vote for the elopement thingy.

cartgal
01-03-06, 09:28 PM
more congrats -- and another person thinkin' you should give that elopement idea some serious consideration. Weddings cost buckets o'money and can be serioulsy stress-inducing. At least do sit and think about -- and then talk about with each other -- the things that would mean the most to you two re: ceremony and ritual. And then drop-kick the rest of it. :rofl:

serioulsy, congratulations. Here's wishing y'all a wonderful journey together.

skaven
03-09-06, 01:55 PM
Watcha doin' for rings?

We are thinking Tungsten Carbide (http://www.tungstenpride.com/default.aspx)

Tifosi24
03-09-06, 02:16 PM
Mine actually looks like the one in the picture. I couldn't resist the tempation of getting a titanium ring when the local jewlery store went out of business. Saved some serious cash and I have a very unique wedding bad. The future Mrs. Tif's wedding band is a diamond band that matches the baggette (I can't spell or speak french) diamonds on her engagement ring, in white gold.

skaven
03-09-06, 02:34 PM
Nice. I am verboten by Ms. Skaven to get titanium as apparently it can't be cut off. As such, you might have to cut your whole finger off to remove the ring should you get in a mangler or similar industrial accident. Not sure if that is true or an urban legend? Regardless, she is fine with tungsten, despite the "W". ;)

I, too, like the flat, machined look of the titanium and tungsten rings. :thumbup:

Tifosi24
03-09-06, 02:59 PM
It can get cut off, just not resized. Besides, if you get your finger caught in some kind of industrial accident I don't think you will have to be worrying about the ring.

skaven
03-09-06, 03:36 PM
Agreed... but Ms. Skaven has her own notions. :laugh:

vancouver
03-09-06, 03:51 PM
Not the traditional gold rings then?

I like the tungsten ones though.

Gnam
03-09-06, 04:14 PM
Nice. I am verboten by Ms. Skaven to get titanium as apparently it can't be cut off.
Maybe she'll let you rock the pinky ring.

http://hollywoodcostumesandparty.com/austinpowers/evilpinkyb.jpg

rosawendel
03-09-06, 04:19 PM
Not the traditional gold rings then?

I like the tungsten ones though.

i have a tungsten band. i love it. it doesn't scratch.
make sure that you get tungsten carbide, though, as straight tunsten will tarnish.

the removal method will make you wince, though. here's how it was explained to me:
1. you get a pair of vice grips (are you running yet?)
2. screw the vice down snug around the ring
3. open the vice grips, and tighten them a quarter turn.
4. clamp them down on the ring.
5. move the vice grips halfway around the ring and clamp again.
6. repeat steps 3 through 5.
tungsten carbide is brittle. within 2 or 3 clamps, the ring will crack and fall off.

i check mine all the time. if i ever outgrow it to the point that it's difficult to get off, i'm vaselining it off and getting the next size up.

Ankf00
03-09-06, 06:41 PM
wow... drill bits turned wedding bands... nice :D

Andrew Longman
03-09-06, 07:15 PM
the kids and family thread didn't have anything to do with it I hope :D

Good going. Congratulations!

Bring her to the track!

Spicoli
03-09-06, 08:08 PM
Agreed... but Ms. Skaven has her own notions. :laugh:

Speakin from recent experience, I would not like to be the one to tell her no....about anything. ;)

Ankf00
03-09-06, 08:22 PM
Speakin from recent experience, I would not like to be the one to tell her no....about anything. ;)

:rofl:

skaven
03-09-06, 08:45 PM

I'll match Ank a :rofl:

...and raise you a :thumbup:

Spicoli
03-10-06, 12:25 AM
Great woman, no doubt. I know what its like, cause I'm married to one kinda like that too.

Heard you got some dumpage the last couple days! Did you get out?

Taos finally got some too - reported 13 inches new today at dawn. :thumbup: looking good for another tour stop on the 28th. :cool:

skaven
03-10-06, 11:22 AM
Got in 2 1/2 hours at the Beav yesterday (day #31)... still snowing this morning.

Finally... after two dry weeks. :thumbup:

I was in Soccoro, NM this week, hasn't rained there since October. Hope Taos keeps getting snow for your next trip.

Spicoli
03-10-06, 11:41 AM
Got in 2 1/2 hours at the Beav yesterday (day #31)... still snowing this morning.

Finally... after two dry weeks. :thumbup:

I was in Soccoro, NM this week, hasn't rained there since October. Hope Taos keeps getting snow for your next trip.

Thanks Brah. Looks like you'll get some more as the U-tards are getting it hard yesterday and today. :thumbup:

Ankf00
03-10-06, 11:47 AM
what are the chances of the folks at Purgatory being snowed in this following weekend & Monday? A buddy is heading up there after Tapes 'n Tapes, would be funny if he spent all day in his lodge :D

Spicoli
03-10-06, 04:21 PM
what are the chances of the folks at Purgatory being snowed in this following weekend & Monday? A buddy is heading up there after Tapes 'n Tapes, would be funny if he spent all day in his lodge :D

snowed in, at a ski resort? :gomer:

dumbass - that's what you want. :shakehead

Ankf00
03-10-06, 07:43 PM
and here I thought you kinda sorta wanted to be out on the mountain :gomer: