PDA

View Full Version : Happy New Year!

vancouver
12-31-05, 05:02 PM
Happy New Year everyone.

Hope the new year brings happiness and prosperity to all! :thumbup:

What are the plans for the celebrations tonight? :)

spinner26
12-31-05, 06:02 PM
Me the wife and kids with a 30 case from the Porcelain Palace, onion rings and a couple two liters of BIG RED! :eek: Family tradition started with Mom and Dad about ten years ago. Keeps us from drinking and driving and we know where the kids are.

Happy, Healthy, Safe and Prosperous New Year to all!

trish
12-31-05, 06:06 PM
Happy New Year! Stay safe, don't drive drink, and keep an eye out for those who will if you are on the roads tonight.

I don't do anything special. Well, I guess that's not exactly true. I'll either watch the Honeymooners marathon or the Twilight Zone while tucked in my bed. If I start hearing gun shots, I'll go hide in the bathroom or a closet.

Anteater
12-31-05, 06:38 PM
Wishing all a happy, healthy, and prosperous 2006! There have already been a record number of drunk-driving accidents during this holiday season, plus it's pouring rain here. So we'll just drink champagne and watch "The 40-Year-Old Virgin" in our cozy little house.

RHR_Fan
12-31-05, 06:59 PM
Happy New Year y'all! I'm hanging home tonight and then I'm doing stuff with friends tomorrow.

~Nicole

dando
12-31-05, 07:27 PM
So we'll just drink champagne and watch "The 40-Year-Old Virgin" in our cozy little house.

Just caught that one last night. :thumbup:

Once our 2-year old heads to bed, we'll prolly watch a marathon of Curb Your Enthusiasm season 5, while I sip a few bourbon on the rocks, and the pregnant wife falls asleep in the chair next to the fire. It's good to be a male! :D

Have a happy and safe New Year's everyone! Best wishes for the new year to be the best ever!

-Kevin

TKGAngel
12-31-05, 08:24 PM
Going to pop in a West Wing DVD of some sort while enjoying sparkling grape juice and a popscicle. Antibiotics from strep mean no alcohol for me tonight.

I hope all of you out there in OC land have a wonderful 2006, and may the Champcar world continue to improve on 2005's growth. :)

Hard Driver
12-31-05, 09:42 PM
Hang out at home with the wife and kids. Being 40 is so wild and crazy.

Methanolandbrats
12-31-05, 10:53 PM
Going to pop in a West Wing DVD of some sort while enjoying sparkling grape juice and a popscicle. Antibiotics from strep mean no alcohol for me tonight.

I hope all of you out there in OC land have a wonderful 2006, and may the Champcar world continue to improve on 2005's growth. :) You can drink while taking antibiotics. You'll get better faster if you wash the pills down with a snifter of ginger brandy. Ginger is holistic and healthy. I keep a bottle around to treat illness. :thumbup:

dando
12-31-05, 11:59 PM
You can drink while taking antibiotics. You'll get better faster if you wash the pills down with a snifter of ginger brandy. Ginger is holistic and healthy. I keep a bottle around to treat illness. :thumbup:
I was just watching a documentary by Ken Burns about Jack Johnson....one of the fighters he faced on the way to the top drank a whole case of whiskey to cure the flu. :thumbup: :D

Jack Johnson = one bad mofo, BTW.

EDIT: CYE lasted for ~1.5 episodes b4 the ol' lady fell asleep. :)

-Kevin

Stu
01-01-06, 02:10 AM
dumbest holiday ever.

at least st. patricks day has some history behind its end result of drinking oneself into oblivion.

FCYTravis
01-01-06, 04:00 AM
Happy New Year here on the West Coast :thumbup:

2006 looks to be a spectacular year for road racing.

Sean O'Gorman
01-01-06, 04:17 AM
dumbest holiday ever.

at least st. patricks day has some history behind its end result of drinking oneself into oblivion.

Pfft, you are just pissed because you had to spend it with the woman and her boring parents. :p

Stu
01-01-06, 07:23 AM
Pfft, you are just pissed because you had to spend it with the woman and her boring parents. :p

actually it was pretty sweet. watched the countdown on espn 2 rather than some lame network showing of it and oh my the food.

nothing like breaking in 2006 with Lamb.

still a stupid holiday though. seriously, name a holiday (major one, one where we get the day off for) that is dumber. you can't.

KLang
01-01-06, 09:41 AM
Happy New Year everyone!

We had pizza, cocktails and fireworks with some neighbors. Managed to NOT burn down our little corner of Texas. :cool:

skaven
01-01-06, 04:21 PM
We avoided the roads and bars on amateur night and went on a beer-laden snow hike up above town. It was a beautiful night.

Onwards 2006 ! ! ! :thumbup:

dando
01-01-06, 04:44 PM
actually it was pretty sweet. watched the countdown on espn 2 rather than some lame network showing of it and oh my the food.

nothing like breaking in 2006 with Lamb.

still a stupid holiday though. seriously, name a holiday (major one, one where we get the day off for) that is dumber. you can't.
Depends on which days ya git off....Columbus Day is a pretty silly holiday, IMHO. Heck, I live in Cbus and I don't even git the day off. :gomer:

A national holiday to watch foosball is pretty :cool: in my book. :D

-Kevin