PDA

View Full Version : The Kid who flew to Iraq ....

fourrunner
12-31-05, 04:55 PM
I'm sitting here reading about this Kid who took his bank account money & flew to Iraq to reearch his Class Project

What's funny is that He's still in Iraq, and he's reading Headlines on the Internet such as " Parents Ponder Punishment for Wayward Son"
" Father says Punishment Will Be Severe" etc.

The Whole World knows he's grounded or worse !!!

What happened to " We'll Deal with This when you get home young Man"

:)

pfc_m_drake
12-31-05, 05:01 PM
Heard about it this morning while I was riding the stationary bike. It's quite a story, that's for sure - although I suspect there might be more to it than we're being told at the moment.

spinner26
12-31-05, 05:58 PM
I'm stuck on weather this was a courageous or idiotic move. This kid is obviously overpaid for his chores at 16 or he couldn't have afforded the trip. He is mature beyond his years by being so intrigued by the story. And yes he is ballsy for following through with the intentions to go get the story first hand.

Confusing I suppose?

Anteater
12-31-05, 06:31 PM
This kid is grounded for life! :eek:

dando
12-31-05, 06:33 PM
Florida's 'Ferris Bueller'

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/12/31/teen.iraq/index.html

:rofl:

Damn, kidz. :saywhat:

-Kevin

indyfan31
12-31-05, 07:42 PM
It's kids like this one that Darwinism was supposed to take care of, to bad we don't let it. :rolleyes:

RHR_Fan
12-31-05, 08:09 PM
There has to be more than what the public is being told. I'm wondering how he got the ticket. Don't you have to be 18 to purchase one?

~Nicole

Sean O'Gorman
12-31-05, 08:17 PM
There has to be more than what the public is being told. I'm wondering how he got the ticket. Don't you have to be 18 to purchase one?

~Nicole

Yeah, because you know how no one in the history of anything has ever been able to fake identification. :p

RaceGrrl
12-31-05, 08:25 PM
If he wants to be there so much he should just stay...

TKGAngel
12-31-05, 08:31 PM

~Nicole

I agree that there is more than what's being revealed. I give the parents a lot of credit for being so calm about what their son did, but on the other hand, how do you not notice that your son has disappeared and is halfway across the world?

oddlycalm
01-01-06, 04:08 PM
Simple case of post-adolescent male immortality complex. Kid gets boneheaded idea/obsession, kid fails to appreciated that Iraq is the single most dangerous place on the planet at the moment, kid forgets to factor in the fact he doesn't speak Arabic, then access to sufficient funds seals the deal. Sounds like the school is going to tie a can to his tail for being AWOL, which they should.

Fathers of daughters should rest easy for around 1 second knowing that this kid's fantasy didn't involve a girlfriend, a bottle of vodka, and a 150hp motorcycle. :gomer:

oc