PDA

View Full Version : I survived the flu

Anteater
12-28-05, 04:39 PM
Happy holidays, everybody! In case you wondered why I'm suddenly posting on days-old threads, it's because I spent the last week-and-a-half recovering from the flu and did nothing but lay in bed and feel sorry for myself for quite a few days. Mr. Anteater was out of town on business for most of the time, which I eventually decided was a good thing, since I looked like hell (in addition to feeling like it). My sister got the flu, too, and my husband was exhausted when he came home from the business trip. To make a long story short, we had to cancel our traditional family Christmas gathering. The good news is that it was the most relaxing Christmas we've ever had. I have no desire to repeat the experience, however! Well, maybe the relaxation part.

RaceGrrl
12-28-05, 05:18 PM
I'm glad you're feeling better. It sucks to be sick during the holidays. The good news is that you're feeling better and should be able to party to celebrate the new year! :)

trish
12-28-05, 06:06 PM
A couple of days ago I saw on the news that the flu was bad in your part of the country and doctors were having trouble keeping up with the many sufferers. I'm glad you're feeling better.

ChampcarShark
12-28-05, 06:25 PM
I had the flu myself. But am doing better.

Good thing it only lasted a few days, the sad part was it happened during my vacation time.

oddlycalm
12-28-05, 06:32 PM
Glad to see that you're doing better AE. Miserable stuff the flu. Hope you're able to get your jolly on for new years.

oc

RaceCat
12-29-05, 12:17 AM
Anteater, the flu is really bad this year. Lots of people at work have had it really badly. I'm so glad you are feeling better and on the mend.

RaceCat

CARTNUT
12-29-05, 05:39 PM
I've had it too, damn birds. :saywhat:

Anyway, glad you're feeling better!