PDA

View Full Version : Had to share, I'm a new truck owner!

RaceCat
12-27-05, 03:31 AM
I just purchased a new Ford F-150.

I've never owned a truck before. Plenty of SUV's but never a truck. As a horse owner, the need for a truck became overwhelming so I decided on the ford.

I love it.

It's big! I know there are bigger trucks but it feels big on the road for me.

It's a week old and it's already hauled hay, shavings and some bags of feed.

Now I'm horse trailer shopping.

Merry Christamas to me :)

Just had to share.

Hey and HAPPY HOLIDAYS to you all too! :)

RACECAT

rocket
12-27-05, 05:55 AM
Those are nice, hopefully it's not that bright yellow :D .

Hopefully you have better luck than I had with my new truck. It was a magnet for trouble. At 10 months old some dork in a refrigerated truck crushed the bumper, 11 months after that, some gravel truck driver making googly eyes at his boyfriend slipped his clutch and ripped of the passenger side of the bed.
Came back from the Cleveland race the next year and got home just in time to let my truck sit in the lot while golf ball size hail beaned it. 3000 bux and about a month later some nutcase ;) in a golf cart at the mid Ohio race racked it up again.

'course it was a Dodge, I've always been a Ford guy, so I'm sure the gods were messing with me.

Own a Ford again.....nada problem.

Horse trailer shopping too eh?
My daughter is convinvced she'll be able to tow one of those with her Vette....yeah right. I told her to just ride the horse, forget the car.

Robstar
12-27-05, 06:18 AM
It's a good thing the fuel prices over there are OK... ;)

Well done on the purchase... :thumbup:

cart7
12-27-05, 08:34 AM
Another Ford truck owner! :thumbup: I've owned Ford trucks since 1984 and been happy with all of them.

Warlock!
12-27-05, 12:08 PM
Comin' up 160K miles on my '98 F-150, and regular maintenence is the only thing that's been done to it. Love it.

indyfan31
12-27-05, 12:43 PM
Congrats Racecat. My '99 F-150 was my first new vehicle and I still love driving it. Like Warlock, I've had no problems with it at all.

racer2c
12-27-05, 01:01 PM
Congrates! I love my pickup. Once you have one, it's hard to not. I'm a Dodge truck guy but the new F-150's are very nice trucks.

Kiwifan
12-27-05, 01:08 PM
Glad to see you have it in the FORD stable. ;) Enjoy it!

Rusty.

manic mechanic
12-28-05, 12:26 AM
Yeah... Go ahead and steal my thunder!!! :rofl:

Congrats on the purchase, 'Cat. I trust you bought the extended warranty, too (remember, I'm a Ford fleet mechanic).

And if you got the 5.4 Triton engine, be prepared to have some problems (and additional incurred expense) with broken spark plugs as it gets older if you don't have them changed before 50k miles...Insider info on a "design flaw" :shakehead that even Ford knows about, but won't tell most "end users" until AFTER the 3/36 warranty is history.

See you at LBGP

manic

Spicoli
12-28-05, 12:38 AM
Mine's yellow.

:wave:

Ankf00
12-28-05, 12:44 AM
I think I get to drive one of these to LA next week. We'll see how well that goes. :gomer:

RaceCat
12-28-05, 12:50 AM
Hey, thanks everyone.

Manic, I did get the 5.4 triton motor with the 3.73 limited slip axle. Thanks for the info, I told the hubby about this little factoid. He's the vehicle maintenance manager in the family. :)

I'm lovin' this truck.

Merry Christmas to me :D

Can't wait to see everyone in Long Beach....

So I can see Manic's new truck too.

RaceCat

Spicoli
12-28-05, 01:02 AM
I think I get to drive one of these to LA next week. We'll see how well that goes. :gomer:

:dickhead:

:)

Opposite Lock
12-28-05, 01:03 AM

Do you know what a skid plate is for? :gomer:

chop456
12-28-05, 06:52 AM
Do you know what a skid plate is for? :gomer:

So soccer moms don't bottom out their F-350's transfer case on parking blocks at the mall?

indyfan31
12-28-05, 10:40 AM
... only if the parking blocks are 10" tall, and that would seem a bit rare.

Anteater
12-28-05, 04:26 PM
Congrats on your new baby, RaceCat! Those F-150s are magnificent. I must warn you, though, that large pickup trucks take some getting used to if all you've ever driven is a small car. And if you do still drive a small car regularly and switch to the truck only on occasion, allow for an adjustment period. Just for an example, don't switch from driving your Nissan Maxima to your gigantic Chevy Silverado CK2500 with the extended cab AND extended bed after not driving the truck for weeks, and take it to the hospital with the cramped parking lot, where your dad is whacked out from dementia and having surgery for a pacemaker, so that you're distracted with worry and back into someone's beloved pristine Camaro SS because you momentarily forgot how long the damned truck was...oh never mind. :cry: