PDA

View Full Version : ALMS Diesel Peugeot?

NismoZ
12-26-05, 12:09 PM
Could be in '07. Out of rallying and into LeMans? Can an "Index of Performance" for gas-electric hybrids be far behind!? Now that's the kind of technical competition the racing industry should provide. A ratio of mpg/mph?

Sean O'Gorman
12-26-05, 12:33 PM
ALMS? I'm assuming you mean Le Mans. Why would a manufacturer that isn't even in the US run in a US series?

NismoZ
12-26-05, 01:34 PM
Don't know, but how many races in that Euro series...5? If true my guess is they'd like to compete with Audi and at least in the beginning that would be in the ALMS. I think they might like to win at Sebring or Atlanta or Long Beach and certainly Le Mans and LMES, too. The mpg stakes are high and the Europeans have obviously decided diesel is the way to get there. Peugeot can't allow Audi to run away with the performance image. Honda, Toyota and I think the US are pushing the gas-electric solution but I don't see a racing application there very soon. We'll see. I know I'D like to see serious competition for Audi. Still trying to imagine what a V-12 twin-turbo aluminum diesel will sound like running up the hill at RA. Anything like those 18-wheelers that blow past me on the interstate?

pchall
12-26-05, 05:42 PM
The Peugeot diesel P1 was announced long before the Audi R10.

You should hang around the sportscar forums for up-to-date news. ;)

NismoZ
12-26-05, 07:01 PM
Why, you little... :mad: (If things keep looking up as fast as recently, I will! Now, about those 40 state of the art DPs ...?) :gomer:

FCYTravis
12-26-05, 09:47 PM
If they want to win at Long Beach, they'd better enter Grand-Am DPs or World Challenge GT.

NismoZ
12-26-05, 11:48 PM
OK, Houston, then...dammit!

FCYTravis
12-27-05, 01:36 AM
SECRET SPY PHOTO! The exclusive new Peugeot DP!!!

http://www.peugeot.is/upload/advertisments/1007-forsida.jpg

:gomer: ;) :laugh:

NismoZ
12-27-05, 10:25 AM
An AWESOME form follows function beauty...in the great French and GA tradition!

L1P1
12-27-05, 09:15 PM
Them ALMS/LeMans/ACO/ELMS/sportscar thingies seem to be showing some real life lately. I think they've about won me over completely. Peugeot, Audi, Porsche, Lexus, BMW.... Wow.

"Attention, Mr. GT., Mr. Ford GT. We're holding a telephone call from l’Automobile Club de l’Ouest..."