PDA

View Full Version : NFL Week 16

WickerBill
12-25-05, 12:20 AM
How 'bout them Broncos? First round bye, and a big thanks to the team we whipped last week, Buffalo, for greasing the skids. ;)

nrc
12-25-05, 02:55 AM
Try to give a guy a gift and he throws it right back at you.

Blah. If the Bengals don't play better than they did yesterday they won't last long in the playoffs. :mad:

Andrew Longman
12-25-05, 12:06 PM
OK I'll say it before anyone else does. The Giants Sucked!

To be fair, they are completely out of middle LBs and the refs were very unkind, but the corners have been suspect for 2 years, Manning has been very inconsistent, and the receivers drop too many passes. And they can't win on the road.

If they make the playoffs, they will likely not win a game.

There, I feel better now.

Stu
12-25-05, 12:28 PM
Bears @ Packers this afternoon on Fox. :thumdown:

Vikings @ Ravens tonight on ESPN. :thumdown:

Patriots @ Jets tomorrow night on ABC. :thumdown:

Can't wait til the new scheduling process for next years night time games.

Insomniac
12-25-05, 12:55 PM

Blah. If the Bengals don't play better than they did yesterday they won't last long in the playoffs. :mad:

Especially with Pittsburgh most likely coming to town. Unless you can make Big Ben throw, it'll be one and done.

Actually might want to lose to KC and hope New England wins their last two. Then you can be the #4 seed and get Jacksonville.

WickerBill
12-25-05, 01:48 PM
Yeah, suddenly Pitts has their swagger back, don't they? No worries though, I still think they can't beat the Bengals at Cincinnati.

Sean O'Gorman
12-25-05, 02:22 PM
I'm disappointed, no reindeer after Chad's TD. :(

Bengals/Steelers would be a great playoff matchup. Pittsburgh needs to have at least one rivalry in Ohio since the expansion Browns are apprently not interested.

Insomniac
12-25-05, 05:19 PM
Yeah, suddenly Pitts has their swagger back, don't they? No worries though, I still think they can't beat the Bengals at Cincinnati.

Yeah, it's funny. I guess the whole season has been. The Steelers were playing bad and needed a million things to happen to get into the playoffs. Now they're in the driver's seat to get into them. The Patriots hype machine started up after they whipped Tampa Bay. The media turns better than an F1 car. ;)

Insomniac
12-25-05, 05:21 PM

Bengals/Steelers would be a great playoff matchup. Pittsburgh needs to have at least one rivalry in Ohio since the expansion Browns are apprently not interested.

Romeo will have the Browns competing sooner than later. The defense is still being overhauled there. And they get Edwards and Wilson back next year too.

devilmaster
12-25-05, 05:35 PM
The Lions won. :gomer:

EDwardo
12-25-05, 08:27 PM
The Chiefs beat the Chargers, which was gratifying. Punting Marty and company out of the playoffs is small consolation though since the Cheifs could win next week finish 10-6 and miss the playoffs.

I'm about ready to forgive Penn State for Todd Blackledge. Larry Johnson has been awesome. Too bad that there are rumors he wants out of KC. Some local radio jock has suggested an interesting trade. Trade LJ to whoever is lined up to pick Reggie Bush!

WickerBill
12-25-05, 10:05 PM
Romeo will have the Browns competing sooner than later. The defense is still being overhauled there.

Oh yeah -- FYI -- thanks for the D line. Made a world of difference for my team. :)

dando
12-26-05, 12:44 AM

No doubt. They've been unimpressive the past three weeks. :( Playing with fire finally caught up with them. :shakehead IMHO, they are a year away from being a serious contender.

-Kevin

Stu
12-26-05, 12:45 AM

Yea. I guess the Browns were trying to start a rivalry against the Eagles in the late 80s for the same reason then. :rolleyes:

B3RACER1a
12-26-05, 02:22 AM
Yea Rams! :cry: :cry:

racermike
12-29-05, 01:55 AM
I hope the AFC teams just beat the living crap out of one another during the playoffs, so Seattle can finish off whats left of them in the Superbowl.

Predictions ..

NFC Championship game ... Seattle 27, Chicago 17
AFC Championship game ... New England 33, Indianapolis 28

Seattle wins superbowl

dando
12-29-05, 02:09 AM
AFC Championship game ... New England 33, Indianapolis 28

BTW, this will largely depend on whether Cincy beats KC and the Steelers beat the Lions (bank it!) this weekend. IF the Bengals win, they will face the Steelers, with the winner headed to win @ Mile High, and Indy and the Pats will play in round 2. Otherwise, IF Cincy loses and Pitt wins (bank it!), the Bengals face the Jags and then go on to win in Indy. :D

-Kevin

Lizzerd
12-29-05, 02:58 AM
Indy won't lose in Indy in the playoffs. Bank it!

Super Bowl:
Indy 31
Seattle 24

Bank it!

Sean O'Gorman
12-29-05, 03:34 AM
Seattle 38
Cincinnati 31

Insomniac
12-29-05, 10:45 AM
Oh yeah -- FYI -- thanks for the D line. Made a world of difference for my team. :)

Had to dump the guys too stupid to play a 2 gap defense :P.

Insomniac
12-29-05, 10:53 AM
BTW, this will largely depend on whether Cincy beats KC and the Steelers beat the Lions (bank it!) this weekend. IF the Bengals win, they will face the Steelers, with the winner headed to win @ Mile High, and Indy and the Pats will play in round 2. Otherwise, IF Cincy loses and Pitt wins (bank it!), the Bengals face the Jags and then go on to win in Indy. :D

-Kevin

That's not completely right. If Pit beats Cincy, Pit goes to Indy. The lowest remaining seed goes to Indy and Pit would be #6. So the possibilities for the Divisional Round are:

CIN, NE, JAX, PIT or KC @ IND (The #3 seed (NE or CIN) can't go to IND)
CIN, NE, JAX @ DEN

WickerBill
12-29-05, 11:12 AM
Indy 42, Seattle 20

Three turnovers, one a pick-six. Write it down.

dando
12-29-05, 11:35 AM
That's not completely right. If Pit beats Cincy, Pit goes to Indy.

Well, we know that ain't gonna happen, so it has hereby been eliminated from consideration. ;)

-Kevin

Stu
12-29-05, 02:07 PM
Well, we know that ain't gonna happen, so it has hereby been eliminated from consideration. ;)

-Kevin

Yea Pittsburgh has nothing on the Bengals this year. Especially because they will be playing IN Cincy. :shakehead

Insomniac
12-30-05, 04:44 PM
Yea Pittsburgh has nothing on the Bengals this year. Especially because they will be playing IN Cincy. :shakehead

He's a fan. :)

dando
12-30-05, 04:49 PM
Hence the wink, you dork. :shakehead

In other news, the Bad News Browns are about to fire their new GM and savior du jour:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2275447

:laugh:

-Kevin

Insomniac
12-30-05, 07:45 PM

In other news, the Bad News Browns are about to fire their new GM and savior du jour:

-Kevin

The saviour is Romeo, not Savage. :)

Racing Truth
12-30-05, 08:48 PM
The saviour is Romeo, not Savage. :)

No, they need both.

I'm just about done with these tools if it goes down. Apparently, team Pres. John Collins didn't like Savage, and for some reason beyond human understanding, thought Phil was screwing up the cap. Nevermind the fact that the Browns were gonna have a ton of $$ to spend this yr.

Apparently, "football expert" John Collins (his experience consists of being head of NFL Marketing during Janet Jackson-Gate) thought Savage was spending too much time on the road doing frivolous things like, you know, EVALUATING TALENT. How dare he do something so trivial! :shakehead

Now they want to bring in others to "help" Savage manage the cap. That's insulting to do it after ONE FREAKING YEAR! If this goes down, I would quit if I were Romeo, as it would show this "organization" is not serious about winning.

:flame: :flame:

Go Bengals. :sigh:

Stu
12-30-05, 11:03 PM

-Kevin

Wow dude, you guys have your first winning season since 19freaking90 and you have the guts to rip on the Browns for being a bad team.

devilmaster
12-30-05, 11:58 PM
here's a question....

how often, in the NFL in this day and age, are teams 15 point underdogs?

I would submit not often - but that's what the Lions are going into Three Rivers :laugh: :gomer:

(like most stadiums that are replaced or just renamed with a corporate sponsor, i refuse to say heinz field - I will allow ford field though, for the simple fact that its the owners name. Sorta like Ebbet's Field and the other stadiums named after the owner)

nrc
12-31-05, 12:00 AM
Wow dude, you guys have your first winning season since 19freaking90 and you have the guts to rip on the Browns for being a bad team.

He just recognizes bad management when he sees it. I knew for 15 years that Management was the problem in Cincinnati. Mike Brown is proud, stubborn and perhaps loyal to a fault, but thank God he's not as stupid as Tony George.

Carson Palmer signed through 2014 and still plenty of cap room. :thumbup:

Stu
12-31-05, 12:03 AM
here's a question....

I would submit not often - but that's what the Lions are going into Three Rivers :laugh: :gomer:

(like most stadiums that are replaced or just renamed with a corporate sponsor, i refuse to say heinz field - I will allow ford field though, for the simple fact that its the owners name. Sorta like Ebbet's Field and the other stadiums named after the owner)

I'll take the Steelers on that line.

Insomniac
01-01-06, 12:09 PM
No, they need both.

I was being facetious. :) I'm a Patriots fan. I really liked the Savage/Crennel combo. He hasn't been fired yet, maybe the owner will get smarter. Reading PFT, it seems there is a moron in the front office whose goal it is is to mess up the Browns like he did the Super Bowl halftime show.

Insomniac
01-01-06, 12:11 PM
here's a question....

Three Rivers is gone. Heinz Field is a new stadium. (So is PNC Park)

Stu
01-01-06, 06:48 PM
Three Rivers is gone. Heinz Field is a new stadium. (So is PNC Park)

thanks for the update.

Insomniac
01-03-06, 12:12 PM
thanks for the update.

Sure thing. :)