PDA

View Full Version : Top things not to buy your wife/girlfriend

racer2c
12-24-05, 11:08 AM
Do not buy her spark plugs for Christmas and do not, repeat do not wrap them individually. :gomer:

Care to add?

fourrunner
12-24-05, 11:12 AM
NEVER ... REPEAT NEVER .... Buy your mother a "Gift Card" for Christmas ! :eek:

EDwardo
12-24-05, 11:25 AM
On reflection, I think my divorce cost me less than Christmas for my ex.

;)

rabbit
12-24-05, 12:19 PM
In an advice column in the paper the other day, there was a letter from a man who wanted his ex-girlfriend to return a birthday gift that he had given her just before she broke up with him.

It was an ear-and-nose hair trimmer -- a really nice one.

Rob
12-24-05, 12:38 PM
A mustache trimmer

A gift assortment of cleaning supplies, even if you put a pretty bow on it

A girdle

A membership to a lesbian pr0n site (unless she's really into that)

A ticket to an IRL race

A gift certificate to the Dollar Tree

Diet food if she hasn't been, isn't, or isn't planning on being on a diet

A one-way plane ticket to Baghdad

The largest bottle of Summer's Eve you can possibly find

A CD of nothing but belches and farts

Firearms (especially if you've already given her at least one of the other gifts listed in this thread)

Sean O'Gorman
12-24-05, 01:22 PM
I have a feeling that Stu will obtain some first-hand knowledge that will allow him to contribute to this thread sometime in the next 24 hours. :laugh:

indyfan31
12-24-05, 02:26 PM
Anything item of clothing labeled "Large". :eek:

Methanolandbrats
12-24-05, 02:56 PM
Gold plated hose clamp earrings. She never wore em. They were petite too, the small worm clamps for fuel injection hose. I was hurt. :(

oddlycalm
12-24-05, 04:22 PM
Live poultry. I gave wife #1 a pair of Mottled Houdan chickens (as pictured below) a gift singularly unappreciated. The spray of topknot feathers hides their face except for the beak, which looks like some kind of alien genitalia. How could she not love them...? :confused: I had previously given a neighbor a Bourbon Red tom turkey for his birthday and he thought it was an outstanding gift.

http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/CGD/Houdan/MottHoudFlock.JPEG

So, it fell to me to care for the Houdans. They turned out the have great personalities as well as looking cool. One toured the perimeter of our 5 acre north pasture twice daily, then perched on the door of the coup and waited for me to put her away every night. The other developed a relationship with my shop cat, and the two became inseparable.

oc

Ankf00
12-24-05, 11:44 PM
^^^ I take it wife #1 wasn't from College Station :D

oddlycalm
12-25-05, 04:13 PM
^^^ I take it wife #1 wasn't from College Station :D Good guess. Before arriving here the farthest West she'd been was Worcester, MA. Ranch and farm life caused a bit of stress....

oc

Anteater
12-28-05, 04:01 PM
My husband gave me nothing but towel bars for Christmas one year. They were attractive towel bars, but I wanted to beat him over the head with them just the same. :flame:

Gnam
12-28-05, 04:38 PM
NEVER ... REPEAT NEVER .... Buy your mother a "Gift Card" for Christmas ! :eek:
I dunno. It's pretty hard to beat the gift of shopping. Just make sure it's a store she likes.