PDA

View Full Version : Oh Crap!

Eagle104
03-23-03, 06:36 PM
Man, I hope Gil & Michael's going to be ok.

Michael's out of the car..Gil's not.

Nasty crash!

Eagle104
03-23-03, 06:39 PM
At least Gil gave a thumbs-up as he was being loaded into the crashwagon.

Chief
03-23-03, 08:40 PM
Gil has a concussion and is complaining of "lumbar" pain. This is his second IRL crash related concussion in the past 7 months.

Were it not for the HANS, Mr. Andretti might not of faired so well. Gil went in backwards at 90 degrees, Mikey about 75. Certainly the hardest hit I've ever witnessed Mikey taking.

Hink
03-23-03, 09:42 PM
Seeing the replay - that was quite a big hit. It was also one of the most boneheaded moves ever by Andretti. He's still a good driver and normally that turn-in punt wouldn't happen from a guy like him on an oval, but he made a mistake.

Hope DeFerran will be ok. That was a big rear-ender in a Crapwagon.

Ziggy
03-23-03, 10:32 PM
Well, let me give you a little lesson in Nation Spin

Tomorrow it will be a bruised back. Then sometime, oh, say Wednesday, it will turn into a "small fracture". Of course, Gil will be the first Brazilian to have a "slight cracking in his neck" which will lead to speculation from the brain trust as maybe it some genetic code responsible for this to happen.

Come hell or highwater, it wont be that bad........

Ziggy

mnkywrch
03-23-03, 11:21 PM
It's already been reported that Gil has a small fracture in his lower back.

But thanks for your concern, Ziggy.

pchall
03-23-03, 11:23 PM
Ziggy nails it again.

That was the pattern of the IRL injury reporting last year and I wouldn't be at all suprised if GdF is downgraded a couple of times until on Thursday it is announced he will sit out Motegi.

pchall
03-24-03, 12:20 AM
Dr. Bock is now owning up to a "minor lower back fracture" and a concussion for GdF today.

JoeBob
03-24-03, 12:55 AM
Gil is listed in "Fair Condition"

Hink
03-24-03, 02:52 AM
Fair Condition for FNS.

Too bad to see a great driver with a broken back, crashed out by an idiot move that wasn't his fault in the least.

sundaydriver
03-24-03, 10:53 AM
What's the over/under on driver injuries this year in the Earl?

cart7
03-24-03, 11:09 AM
The FNS moniker should be changed to FBS. ;)

Hope Gil is alright. After last season's wreck, I wonder how much longer he'll stay in that dangerous series. Wonder if he'd take a paycut to come back home?

Turn7
03-24-03, 11:22 AM
That was at a bullring and the speeds were low in comparision to what they will be at TMS. The IRL doesn't have enough warm bodies to fill the grid at Indy as is, if they lose more in Motegi, will there even be a bump day?

I was hoping that bump day would be null and void but, not by these means.

Sean O'Gorman
03-24-03, 08:08 PM
I can't believe they still don't seem to have this problem fixed. It is becoming too predictable. We had the race on at work yesterday and our supervisor freaked out when she saw the accident (probably because of the flames...shes not a race fan), but I said "its probably just a back injury and a concussion". I hate being right (although it could've been much worse I'm sure). :(

Railbird
03-24-03, 09:11 PM
Zig is spot on.

SteveH
03-25-03, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by SOG35
I can't believe they still don't seem to have this problem fixed. It is becoming too predictable. We had the race on at work yesterday and our supervisor freaked out when she saw the accident (probably because of the flames...shes not a race fan), but I said "its probably just a back injury and a concussion". I hate being right (although it could've been much worse I'm sure). :(

The 'problem' is a steady diet of oval races. The irl should really think twice before it expands its schedule in the future. Having said that, I'm sure they will add road course as an 'antidote' to the 'problem'.

JoeBob
03-26-03, 04:55 PM
de Ferran will miss the Motegi race, and looks to be on the shelf for 4-6 weeks. It turns out he has 2 small fractures.

http://www.indystar.com/print/articles/6/031756-7836-110.html

mapguy
03-26-03, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by JoeBob
de Ferran will miss the Motegi race, and looks to be on the shelf for 4-6 weeks. It turns out he has 2 small fractures.

http://www.indystar.com/print/articles/6/031756-7836-110.html

Looks like that new Penske attenuater (sp?) is doing it's job. :rolleyes:

So much for the new safe crapwagon.

rabbit
03-26-03, 05:00 PM
Don't worry. He's just a little banged up. These cars are very safe.

Turn7
03-26-03, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by mapguy
Looks like that new Penske attenuater (sp?) is doing it's job. :rolleyes:

So much for the new safe crapwagon.

Two smalls are better than a large.

(or was that two wrongs don't make a right, no no no... it was Gil doesn't turn right)

JLMannin
03-26-03, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Turn7
Two smalls are better than a large.

(or was that two wrongs don't make a right, no no no... it was Gil doesn't turn right)

No, I think it is 4 gills make a pint! :)

edit - I think I succedded in making the 10,000th OC post!