PDA

View Full Version : pimpski to F1

trauma1
12-22-05, 03:19 PM
RP talking to bernie, return to F1 if the budgets drop to 80 mil, now with chip bolting to cc in 07 and probably rahole, FMA might win indy racing against himself :rofl:

Penske considering a return to F1

By Jonathan Noble December 22nd 2005, 17:18 GMT

American team Penske Racing are considering making a return to Formula One in 2008, providing the cost of competing is brought down, autosport.com has learned

Methanolandbrats
12-22-05, 03:32 PM
RP talking to bernie, return to F1 if the budgets drop to 80 mil, now with chip bolting to cc in 07 and probably rahole, FMA might win indy racing against himself :rofl:

Penske considering a return to F1

By Jonathan Noble December 22nd 2005, 17:18 GMT

American team Penske Racing are considering making a return to Formula One in 2008, providing the cost of competing is brought down, autosport.com has learned :thumbup: The big rats are going over the side :thumbup:

cameraman
12-22-05, 03:46 PM
When costs drop below $80 million???

So in other words he isn't returning to F1. :shakehead

formulaben
12-22-05, 05:56 PM
Unbelievable. I think Roger forgot to take his meds...

trish
12-22-05, 06:31 PM
RP talking to bernie, return to F1 if the budgets drop to 80 mil, now with chip bolting to cc in 07 x

This is fact?

Lizzerd
12-23-05, 02:35 AM
$80Mil? I doubt this includes the $48Mil ante just to sit at the table.

Lizzerd
12-23-05, 02:40 AM
...with chip bolting to cc in 07 and probably rahole...

Bring 'em on. Let 'em hear and feel the lash of the forked tongue this reptile possesses in the first and every paddock I see them in.

formulaben
12-23-05, 02:52 AM
I gotta admit, right or wrong, I'll give Ganassi a pass, but that P.O.S. Rahole (the elder, not the son) will hear my wrath. He just might taste it too...

EDwardo
12-24-05, 01:00 PM
Just a few modifications to his current fleet and its off to challenge Renault and McClaren. If his primary sponsor is still involved, I do wonder how the money will be split with the Chin and Team Fiat. It also would make sense if he still had the Toyota revenue stream. But then, since Toyota has its own factory team....

Lots of details to work out Rog. Or how about this? Porsche? After all, they do have some contracts and a big bank account!

On the downside, it would really suck to finally have an American team back in F1 and I couldn't root for them.

oddlycalm
12-24-05, 03:17 PM
Just a few modifications to his current fleet and its off to challenge Renault and McClaren. If his primary sponsor is still involved, I do wonder how the money will be split with the Chin and Team Fiat. I'm certainly no Penske cheerleader, but with both a chassis and engine works in the UK I'm guessing fielding a car is more than just a pipedream. As for the tobacco money, it's over for everyone and the only unresolved detail is what the last day is. 5yrs from now (or sooner) it will have totally disappeared with the exception of venue sponsorships in Asia and the Middle East. That's OK for F1 as there seem to be plenty of sponsors that wish to be there.

oc

spinner26
12-24-05, 05:04 PM
He just might taste it too...

That'd be a waste of a good beverage, regardless of lable. :D

jonovision_man
12-24-05, 07:06 PM
$80Mil? I doubt this includes the $48Mil ante just to sit at the table.

Quite simply, Penske can't afford it.

A competitive F1 team will NEVER be $80M/season. That's a Minardi level budget.

I honestly don't remember who said it, someone on these boards... but the budgets will always be directly related to the perceived value of winning.

So the only way to get F1 costs down is to make it a whole lot less popular. :saywhat: :shakehead

Nice dream Penske. Come back when you have a manufacturer ready to back you.

jono

formulaben
12-25-05, 11:19 PM
That'd be a waste of a good beverage, regardless of lable. :D

I guess it could be a beverage, but beer isn't what I had in mind...

Rocketdoc
01-27-06, 10:02 PM
Quite simply, Penske can't afford it.

A competitive F1 team will NEVER be $80M/season. That's a Minardi level budget.

I honestly don't remember who said it, someone on these boards... but the budgets will always be directly related to the perceived value of winning.

So the only way to get F1 costs down is to make it a whole lot less popular. :saywhat: :shakehead

Nice dream Penske. Come back when you have a manufacturer ready to back you.

jono

I agree that $80M isn’t going to do anything, and there are very few people I distrust more than Penske, but he CAN come up with the right amount of money, and the prescient poster that mentioned Porsche may be right on.

If any manufacturer wanted in to F1, Penske is the plum team to do it., and I wouldn’t put it past VW/Audi or Porsche to be interested.

Rocketdoc
01-27-06, 10:03 PM
I guess it could be a beverage, but beer isn't what I had in mind...

It sounded to me more like knuckles....

formulaben
01-28-06, 06:04 AM
It sounded to me more like knuckles....
Knuckles? Sure, it has a double meaning, but I was thinking more along the line of man chowder.