http://s8.postimg.org/50tkkwryd/Chemtrails.jpg

among other things
Were there DU laced chemtrails when I was born? No
Did anyone have autism when I was born or while I grew up? No
Were there honey bees in abundance when I was born and while I grew up? Yes

SurfaceUnits
08-02-13, 04:36 PM
CIA 'running arms smuggling team in Benghazi when consulate was attacked'

The CIA has been subjecting operatives to monthly polygraph tests in an attempt to suppress details of a US arms smuggling operation in Benghazi that was ongoing when its ambassador was killed by a mob in the city last year, according to reports.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/libya/10218288/CIA-running-arms-smuggling-team-in-Benghazi-when-consulate-was-attacked.html

Up to 35 CIA operatives were working in the city during the attack last September on the US consulate that resulted in the death of Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans, according to CNN.

The circumstances of the attack are a subject of deep division in the US with some Congressional leaders pressing for a wide-ranging investigation into suspicions that the government has withheld details of its activities in the Libyan city.

The television network said that a CIA team was working in an annex near the consulate on a project to supply missiles from Libyan armouries to Syrian rebels.

G.
08-02-13, 10:42 PM
among other things
Were there DU laced chemtrails when I was born? No
Did anyone have autism when I was born or while I grew up? No
Were there honey bees in abundance when I was born and while I grew up? Yes

Alex Jones, or meth. You can't have both.

Pick one.

cameraman
08-02-13, 11:26 PM
Alex Jones, or meth. You can't have both.

Pick one.

How do you know he didn't do both?

Ankf00
08-03-13, 12:52 PM
or one could visit one of the largest cemeteries in the world to see if there are any bodies there. or hospitals to see if there are any patients there. Or nurseries to se if there are children with unusual deformities. Or you could compare post Iraq with post Hiroshima, or you could check the drinking water in Los Angeles. It is modern day nuclear war. Or perhaps it is just coincidence that the M-F birth ratio has shifted dramatically since radiation weapons were introduced to an area where they had never been used before.

or someone could run a proper statistical regression, instead of citing "Barry Bonds is batting .789 when batting 5th after 4pm in the mountain time zone under a full moon" stats.

but, no, the latter is more fun.

SurfaceUnits
08-05-13, 12:23 PM

It is grate that Al Kayduh is on the run,,,,hide kiddies hide

The U.S. Department of State announced late last week that 25 embassies throughout the Middle East, North Africa, and Southeast Asia will be closed on Sun. August 4, 2013.

U.S. extends embassy closures after intercepted al Qaeda message
By Barbara Starr. Chris Lawrence and Holly Yan, CNN

stroker
08-05-13, 01:32 PM
any chance we can get this thread back on aircraft?

SurfaceUnits
08-06-13, 03:47 AM
Ok, I think I got it now. DU laced chemtrails cause autism. :thumbup:

http://s8.postimg.org/50tkkwryd/Chemtrails.jpg

Congarats, you have your own special day - August 11, 2013, is Global Chemtrail Awareness Day

A group of people will hold a protest against the spraying of toxic aerosols over the city of Madison, Wis.

The protest will be held in the public streets and sidewalks of Downtown on August 11, 2013, which is Global Chemtrail Awareness Day.

http://hotspringsdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/protest_is_beautiful_01_lg-300x200.jpg

Photo and video evidence, as well as informational literature will be available to any who are interested.

All like-minded individuals are encouraged to stop by and voice their opinions and concerns as well.

The government has admitted to the program, budgets for the program have been exposed, and it has been exposed for over 10 years. Why not look up Harvard’s video on their study?

nrc
08-06-13, 04:00 AM
any chance we can get this thread back on aircraft?

Yes, agreed. There are enough other places to post conspiracy theories - this thread is about military technology and anything else will be moved out from now on.

datachicane
08-06-13, 11:27 AM
Hats or aircraft, it's all aluminum, right?

:gomer:

SurfaceUnits
08-06-13, 01:49 PM
Hats or aircraft, it's all aluminum, right?

hasn't seemed to have had a deleterious effect on the Great Salt Lake Brine Fly though

SurfaceUnits
08-06-13, 01:53 PM
http://cdn.breitbart.com/mediaserver/Breitbart/Big-Peace/2013/08/06/militant_rocket_launch_AP.jpg
Yemeni freedom fighters have shoulder launched anti-air missiles now

Militants Shoot Down Army Helicopter in Yemen; 8 Killed
The officials say the helicopter was downed by a missile over the al-Qaida stronghold of Wadi Ubida in central Yemen. The helicopter was flying from the capital Sanaa to the province of Marib, officials said. The passengers were part of a military force guarding oil installations in the province.

SurfaceUnits
08-06-13, 02:14 PM
Japan navy unveils big warship on Hiroshima atomic bombing anniversary

http://www.timesofoman.com/Siteimages/MynImages/dtl_6_8_2013_12_9_20.jpg

Tokyo: Japan unveiled its biggest warship since World War II on Tuesday, a $1.2 billion helicopter carrier aimed at defending territorial claims, drawing criticism from regional rival China which accused its neighbour of "constant" military expansion.

The ceremony to showcase the 248-metre vessel came as Shinzo Abe's conservative government, which took office last December, considers ditching the nation's pacifist constitution and beefing up the military.

Japan plans to use the helicopter carrier, named Izumo and expected to go into service in 2015, to defend territorial claims following maritime skirmishes with China, which has demonstrated its own military ambitions in recent years.

"We express our concern at Japan's constant expansion of its military equipment. This trend is worthy of high vigilance by Japan's Asian neighbours and the international community," China's defence ministry told AFP.

http://www.timesofoman.com/News/Article-20773.aspx

cameraman
08-06-13, 02:18 PM
And if they really did take the Minakh air base in Syria yesterday then they have acquired quite a few more.

cameraman
08-06-13, 02:36 PM
Tokyo: Japan unveiled its biggest warship since World War II on Tuesday, a $1.2 billion helicopter carrier aimed at defending territorial claims, drawing criticism from regional rival China which accused its neighbour of "constant" military expansion.

As if the Chinese have room to talk. It is really narrowly focused ship design. It can carry at most 14 helicopters but beyond that is only armed with a pair of Phalanx close in weapon systems and two SeaRam short range antiaircraft missile systems. That's is a very lightly armed $1.2 billion dollars with an absolute requirement for fleet support to protect it from just about anything. People talk about using F-35's on it but without a jump ramp I can't see that happening.

SurfaceUnits
08-06-13, 03:02 PM
As if the Chinese have room to talk. It is really narrowly focused ship design. It can carry at most 14 helicopters but beyond that is only armed with a pair of Phalanx close in weapon systems and two SeaRam short range antiaircraft missile systems. That's is a very lightly armed $1.2 billion dollars with an absolute requirement for fleet support to protect it from just about anything. People talk about using F-35's on it but without a jump ramp I can't see that happening.

The Marines will have some AV-8B II's to give away that would work well

Then again, may be not:

As of 2013, the USMC is studying potential enhancements to the AV-8B Harrier IIs to keep the type operational to their planned 2030 retirement date. Upgrades under consideration include Link 16 datalinks, increased compatibility with the AIM-120 AMRAAM, and integrating a helmet-mounted cueing system. It is also predicted that additional work to the aircraft's radars and sensor systems may take place. The Marines Corps Harrier fleet is to remain operational until 2027, due to delays with the F-35B and the fact that the Harriers have a longer service life left than Marine F/A-18 Hornets.

SurfaceUnits
08-06-13, 04:04 PM
US forces on alert to strike at al Qaeda
By By Barbara Starr CNN Pentagon Correspondent
Published On: Aug 05 2013 02:40:23 PM CDT

*The Gulf of Aden:

There are 2,000 Marines from the 26th Marine Expeditionary Unit from Camp Lejeune. They are aboard three warships: the USS Kearsarge, USS Carter Hall and USS San Antonio.

About 1,200 of them comprise a "battalion landing team" that could be used in a crisis. But they also have V-22 tilt rotor aircraft to carry Marines and helicopter gunships that could be used in combat or counter terrorism operations.

In an extreme emergency, their AV-8B Harrier aircraft could provide launch weapons against targets, but officials say that is unlikely. The ships are expected to stay in the region near Yemen and the U.S. military base in Djibouti in the Horn of Africa to provide a response if needed.

http://m.keyt.com/news/US-forces-on-alert-to-strike-at-al-Qaeda/-/19201834/21338580/-/lg29taz/-/index.html

SurfaceUnits
08-07-13, 12:42 PM
Air Force Begins Massive B-52 Overhaul
By Kris Osborn Friday, July 12th, 2013 5:51 pm

The U.S. Air Force is in the early phases of a massive, fleet-wide technological upgrade of its B-52 bombers, giving the war-tested platform new electronics and an increased ability to carry weapons, service officials said.

Two distinct, yet interwoven B-52 modernization efforts will increase the electronics, communications technology, computing and avionics available in the cockpit while simultaneously configuring the aircraft with the ability to carry up to eight of the newest “J-Series” precision-guided weapons internally – in addition to carrying six weapons on each wing, said Eric Single, Chief of the Global Strike Division, Acquisition.

While most of the current inventory of B-52 bombers, a workhorse aircraft with a distinguished history, were initially fielded in the 1960’s, various upgrades over the years have kept the on-board technology current, Single explained.

The Air Force is quick to emphasize its now-in-development next-generation Long Range Strike Bomber, or LRS-B, to be operational sometime during the 2020’s. At the same time, the service wants to be sure to maximize the usefulness of its inventory of B-52s for their remaining years.

“Their structure, service life and air frames are good until around 2040. They are built very strong structurally. This is not a structural modification, but upgrades to the capabilities and the avionics,” Single explained.

Single added that many of the B-52 air frames may hold up well beyond 2040, depending upon the level of use of the aircraft.

http://www.dodbuzz.com/2013/07/12/air-force-begins-massive-b-52-overhaul/

Elmo T
08-07-13, 02:53 PM
1960ish -2040?

That'd be like seeing Sopwith Camels over Iraq during Desert Storm. Albeit Sopwith's with GPS. :saywhat:

SteveH
08-11-13, 10:12 AM
Whoa, we launched a Minuteman from a C-5. Cool!

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/09/travel/c5-galaxy-dover-museum-minuteman-missile/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

Gnam
08-13-13, 02:12 AM
Whoa, we launched a Minuteman from a C-5. Cool!

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/09/travel/c5-galaxy-dover-museum-minuteman-missile/index.html?hpt=hp_t3
What a crazy idea. I understand Strategic Air Command looking for a way to demonstrate a need for their services in the age of the submarine, but it's an ICBM not a bomb. It doesn't need a plane. :shakehead:

stroker
08-13-13, 08:51 AM
What a crazy idea. I understand Strategic Air Command looking for a way to demonstrate a need for their services in the age of the submarine, but it's an ICBM not a bomb. It doesn't need a plane. :shakehead:

The idea was to present the Russians with the potential for moving targets. We were talking about putting them on trains, etc. but the AF decided that a C5 would offer REAL mobility. :)

Andrew Longman
08-13-13, 10:13 AM
The idea was to present the Russians with the potential for moving targets. We were talking about putting them on trains, etc. but the AF decided that a C5 would offer REAL mobility. :)Exactly. It makes them almost impossible to target, hence why we also put nukes on subs and B52s. And it means they can be launched much closely to the target than say Kansas, making them harder to defend against while also giving us a littler more time to choose to launch if we thought the Soviets launched but we not sure.

The other objective this met was the ability to recall. B52s could be recalled. Subs can be recalled but not as easily. Once you launch a missle from America's Heartland it is gone.

Still, it was madness.

SurfaceUnits
08-14-13, 04:00 AM
Report: 400 US Surface-to-Air Missiles Went Missing in Benghazi

A lawyer representing one of the whistleblowers with knowledge of the deadly attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi last September says 400 surface-to-air missiles were "diverted to Libya" during the attack and fell into "the hands of some very ugly people."

"We have learned that one of the reasons the administration is so deeply concerned" is that "there were 400 surface-to-air missiles stolen, and that they are ... in the hands of many people, and that the biggest fear in the U.S. intelligence community is that one of these missiles will be used to shoot down an airliner," diGenova said, adding that his sources have told him the missiles are in the hands of al-Qaida operatives.

stroker
08-14-13, 08:55 AM

A lawyer representing one of the whistleblowers with knowledge of the deadly attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi last September says 400 surface-to-air missiles were "diverted to Libya" during the attack and fell into "the hands of some very ugly people."

"We have learned that one of the reasons the administration is so deeply concerned" is that "there were 400 surface-to-air missiles stolen, and that they are ... in the hands of many people, and that the biggest fear in the U.S. intelligence community is that one of these missiles will be used to shoot down an airliner," diGenova said, adding that his sources have told him the missiles are in the hands of al-Qaida operatives.

My tin foil hat good friend and I were talking about that yesterday, playing Devil's Advocate. He turns to me and asks, "So what would you do with 400 Stingers if you were the head of AQ?" We tossed it around and decided we'd monitor air traffic patterns in every major city to look for peak helicopter traffic... I won't mention the worse scenario.

Personally, I think this whole supporting the insurrection in Syria is designed to hurt the Russians but I can't figure out how...

cameraman
08-14-13, 04:46 PM

So the thesis here is that the CIA had a container-load of Stinger missile systems sitting essentially totally unsecured in a house in a residential neighborhood in Benghazi.

I find it very hard to believe that anyone in the CIA or the State Dept would do anything that stunningly stupid.

SurfaceUnits
08-14-13, 09:42 PM
Actually, it was at the consulate. But it was being guarded by these people

The Martyrs of 17 February Brigade are considered to be the biggest and best armed militia in eastern Libya. The brigade is financed by the Libyan defence ministry. The brigade consists of at least 12 battalions and possesses a large collection of light and heavy weapons in addition to training facilities. Its membership is estimated at between 1,500 and 3,500. The group has carried out various security and law and order tasks in eastern Libya and Kufra in the south. Some of its members are also believed to be fighting the Assad regime in Syria.

The February 17th Martyrs Brigade also flies the al-Qaeda flag on their Facebook page, and have been al-Qaeda sympathizers for a very long time.

the “February 17th Martyrs Brigade”—named after the jihadist rioters killed by then US-supported Libyan (anti-jihadist) strongman Qaddafi while they were sacking the Italian embassy in Benghazi, because Italian minister (of Constitutional reforms) Roberto Calderoli wore the satirical Muhammad cartoon image (from Le Soir’s front page, published February 1, 2006, just below, which simply said,“Don’t rale [rage] Muhammad…We’ve all been caricatures here”), on a tee shirt (also below) he exposed on Italian state television.

You just can't make this stuff up

that and pipe bomb chunking Utah beauty queens

cameraman
08-15-13, 12:01 AM
Actually your sources can make it up.

The Benghazi Consulate was a rented house.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2012/09/12/world/middleeast/Damage-to-the-American-Consulate-in-Benghazi-Libya.html?_r=0

There was no semi-load of missiles in that house.

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/images/newsgraphics/2012/0912-libya/0913-for-LIBYA-web.png

SurfaceUnits
08-15-13, 12:29 AM
According to the Times, it would be a rented compound, with 3 separate building groups

SurfaceUnits
08-19-13, 10:37 PM
Another B-1B down,,,,,talk about a much trouble airplane

Air Force says B-1B bomber crashes in Montana, crew survives
Published August 19, 2013
FoxNews.com

The U.S. Air Force says a B-1B bomber flying out of South Dakota has crashed in a remote area in Montana, but all four crew members onboard have survived with some injuries.

Col. Kevin Kennedy of the 28th Bomb Wing says the two pilots and two weapons system officers ejected from the aircraft before the bomber -- which left the Ellsworth Air Force Base -- crashed near Broadus, Mont., on Monday.

"We are actively working to ensure the safety of the crew members and have sent first responders to secure the scene and work closely with local authorities at the crash site," Kennedy said in a statement. "Right now all of our thoughts and prayers are with the crews and their families."

The crash remains under investigation.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/08/19/air-force-says-b-1b-bomber-crashes-in-montana-crew-survives/?test=latestnews#ixzz2cTOT3yym

Gnam
08-20-13, 02:12 AM
Another B-1B down,,,,,talk about a much trouble airplane.
What chu talkin' 'bout Willis?

cameraman
08-20-13, 02:50 AM
Another B-1B down,,,,,talk about a much trouble airplane

What a load of ****. This is the first plane lost since 2008 when one was lost in a ground fire in Qatar. Before that one was lost due to battle damage in 2001.

They have long since addressed the problems with the B-1B. There have been B-1Bs airborne over Afghanistan 24 hours a day for the last few years. It is in fact the least expensive of the three heavy bombers to operate. It has been a work horse for the last decade.

SurfaceUnits
08-20-13, 12:17 PM
What a load of ****. This is the first plane lost since 2008 when one was lost in a ground fire in Qatar. Before that one was lost due to battle damage in 2001.

They have long since addressed the problems with the B-1B. There have been B-1Bs airborne over Afghanistan 24 hours a day for the last few years. It is in fact the least expensive of the three heavy bombers to operate. It has been a work horse for the last decade.

Yeah, only 10 or so have been acknowledged to have been lost

datachicane
08-20-13, 01:27 PM
Over the course of thirty years, and half of those were over twenty years ago.

Ah, America, where passionate opinion supported by nothing is practically a birthright.

Elmo T
08-20-13, 01:52 PM
Posted without editorial comment:

http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/systems/b-1b-loss.htm

datachicane
08-20-13, 02:13 PM

From that same article:

Cumulative - Initial Nine Years of Flight

B-1B
B-52
F/FB-111
B-58
B-47

Hours

Class A Number

Class A Rate

Aircraft Destroyed

Destroyed Rate

(Source: Logan, Don. Rockwell B-1B: SAC's Last Bomber
Atglen, PA: Schiffer Military/Aviation History. 1995; p. 142)

Gnam
08-20-13, 03:12 PM
Found an article about the B-1B's ejection system from 1998.

http://texnews.com/1998/local/ejectlocal0220.html

check that crazy artwork. :)

http://s21.postimg.org/54rqz4mxj/Ejection_Seat.jpg

Elmo T
08-20-13, 03:24 PM
http://i44.tinypic.com/1zp4dco.png

Napoleon
08-20-13, 04:03 PM
Data - what the hell is the rates tied to? Hours? Years? Number of beers the pilot had before his flight?

nrc
08-20-13, 04:58 PM
Data - what the hell is the rates tied to? Hours? Years? Number of beers the pilot had before his flight?

Looks like that's events per 100,000 hours.

Napoleon
08-20-13, 04:59 PM
Looks like that's events per 100,000 hours.

Just eyeballing it that looked like the likely calculation.

datachicane
08-20-13, 05:24 PM
B-47
148 / 37.73147 = 3.922

emjaya
08-20-13, 08:10 PM

Nothing to add, except I really want to see the video of this crash.

In May 2005, the aircrew of a B-1 landing at Diego Garcia, an atoll in the Indian Ocean, forgot to lower the jet's landing gear, sending the plane skidding down the runway for several thousand feet.

Gnam
08-20-13, 08:41 PM

According to the internet it was a night landing, 10pm local time.

http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showthread.php?11865-That-won-t-buff-out!!!

datachicane
08-20-13, 08:59 PM

...and an apropos name:

(Tail Number 86132 - called "Oh! Hard Luck") based at Dyess AFB, Texas, made a wheels-up belly landing at Diego Garcia, skidding 7,500 feet down the runway.

chop456
08-21-13, 01:51 AM
Ah, America, where passionate opinion supported by nothing is practically a birthright.

That's 97.1% completely untrue!

Jerk.

:D

Elmo T
08-21-13, 08:15 AM
...and an apropos name:

I imagine it was a perfect landing until they were about 6-8 feet above the runway (or whatever the actual height of the gear). :shakehead:;)

It was only those last few feet when they realized something was up (both literally and figuratively)....

SurfaceUnits
08-21-13, 06:43 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8K50UVd-cdo

Gnam
08-21-13, 08:15 PM
:cool:

No Danger Zone?

Sea Harrier on a truck gets it.
EiMqsCuFDzU

nrc
08-21-13, 10:45 PM
Thanks, Gnam. Now I gotta pour one out for the Tomcat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y45rzmDaABI

G.
08-25-13, 09:02 PM
Lockheed commercial/recruitment vid.

It's going to auto-play. (http://player.vimeo.com/video/3437045?autoplay=1)

SurfaceUnits
08-31-13, 02:38 PM
Military ‘Practice’ Bomb Lands In Bar Parking Lot

SUDLERSVILLE, Md. (WJZ) — A freak accident in the skies over Maryland’s Eastern Shore. A military plane drops a “practice” bomb into a Queen Anne’s County parking lot, narrowly missing cars and people.

The National Guard now admits—it could have been a disaster.

Monique Griego has the eyewitness accounts.

The practice bomb was part of a training exercise. But when it fell from the sky, patrons had no idea what it was or where it came from.

A run of the mill Thursday night at Darlene’s Tavern in Sudlersville—interrupted by a sudden impact.

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2013/08/30/military-practice-bomb-lands-in-bar-parking-lot/

SurfaceUnits
08-31-13, 03:49 PM
The Anti-Drone Hijab is a real thing

http://www.majorgeeks.com/news/file/1192_10023307.jpg

"Inspired by Muslim dress, the Anti-Drone Scarf conceptually aligns itself with the rationale behind the traditional hijab to act as "the veil which separates man or the world from God", replacing God with drone. The metalized silk scarf protects against thermal imaging surveillance (a technology used widely by UAVs/drones) by reflecting heat, masking the wearer's thermal signature. The enhanced garment is lightweight, breathable, and safe to wear."

Cost to you is $450.00 but if you’re a member at the site then it’s $382.50. I’m thinking for the cost of a roll of aluminum foil and a silk scarf that it’s a tad pricey.

SurfaceUnits
09-25-13, 02:29 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGxNyaXfJsA

Watch the World's Highest Resolution Drone-Mounted Camera in Action
At 1.8 gigapixels, the DARPA-developed ARGUS-IS the highest resolution surveillance platform in the world

http://gizmodo.com/5979372/watch-the-worlds-highest-resolution-drone%20mounted-camera-in-action?tag=cameras

My subterraneous life is making more sense, cause where you gonna run b!#^@es

nrc
09-25-13, 02:11 PM
I would bet that (if they're not already) they'll be applying this technology to "high value targets" in the U.S. within a few years. Everything in Washington D.C. will be recorded with other major cities to follow. In five years the "Person of Interest" notion of having to hack into every surveillance camera in order to get blanket coverage may seem quaint.

SurfaceUnits
09-25-13, 04:21 PM
Air Force Developed Bombs Capable of Destroying Syria’s Chemical Weapons

http://images.defensetech.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/B-2-490x337.jpg

The U.S. Air Force has spent years developing so-called “Agent Defeat Weapons” designed to target and destroy stockpiles of chemical or biological weapons without dispersing or releasing them to surrounding areas, service officials said.

“The U.S. Air Force has Agent Defeat Weapons designed to limit collateral damage and effects,” Air Force spokeswoman Jennifer Cassidy told Military​.com. “The munitions are PAW (Passive Attack Weapon) and Crash Pad.”

Both of these weapons would be carried by aircraft such as the F-15 or F-22 fighter jets and B-2 or B-1 bombers. It’s likely the Air Force would deploy the weapons from a B-2 or F-22 to take advantage of their radar-evading stealth technology considering the advanced air defense systems in Syria.

http://defensetech.org/2013/08/30/air-force-developed-bombs-capable-of-destroying-syrias-chemical-weapons/

Andrew Longman
09-25-13, 06:12 PM
I would bet that (if they're not already) they'll be applying this technology to "high value targets" in the U.S. within a few years. Everything in Washington D.C. will be recorded with other major cities to follow. In five years the "Person of Interest" notion of having to hack into every surveillance camera in order to get blanket coverage may seem quaint.Well watching that had me channelling something from the Bourne franchise so you are probably right.

In that world, if we might want it, we will have it.

Amazed though at the leaps digital tech give people. I know some folks who did classified recon back when we were talking reviewing yards of film and the issue was getting better and better lenses and higher resolution film. This guy just rips apart some iPhones and he is kicking ass.

cameraman
09-25-13, 06:44 PM
Air Force Developed Bombs Capable of Destroying Syria’s Chemical Weapons

http://images.defensetech.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/B-2-490x337.jpg

The U.S. Air Force has spent years developing so-called “Agent Defeat Weapons” designed to target and destroy stockpiles of chemical or biological weapons without dispersing or releasing them to surrounding areas, service officials said.

“The U.S. Air Force has Agent Defeat Weapons designed to limit collateral damage and effects,” Air Force spokeswoman Jennifer Cassidy told Military​.com. “The munitions are PAW (Passive Attack Weapon) and Crash Pad.”

Both of these weapons would be carried by aircraft such as the F-15 or F-22 fighter jets and B-2 or B-1 bombers. It’s likely the Air Force would deploy the weapons from a B-2 or F-22 to take advantage of their radar-evading stealth technology considering the advanced air defense systems in Syria.

http://defensetech.org/2013/08/30/air-force-developed-bombs-capable-of-destroying-syrias-chemical-weapons/

Yeah, right.

So a PAW is the mother of all shotgun shells, firing off a wave of: 350 14-inch tungsten rods, 1,000 7-inch tungsten rods & 2,400 2-inch steel rods which tear up everything in their way. So what does that do but tear up the storage containers and spray Sarin all over the place. While that would do an effective job of dissuading anyone from trying to get any surviving weapons from the site it would most definitely be making one hell of a toxic waste site. And what of any possible VX? It is a very sticky, very long-lived compound that if splashed around by one of these low-force bombs would permanently contaminate the site.

They might defeat Syria's ability to use them but to claim that they would not create an unholy mess at the same time is idiotic.

Gnam
09-25-13, 08:06 PM
Yeah, right.

So a PAW is the mother of all shotgun shells, firing off a wave of: 350 14-inch tungsten rods, 1,000 7-inch tungsten rods & 2,400 2-inch steel rods which tear up everything in their way. So what does that do but tear up the storage containers and spray Sarin all over the place. While that would do an effective job of dissuading anyone from trying to get any surviving weapons from the site it would most definitely be making one hell of a toxic waste site. And what of any possible VX? It is a very sticky, very long-lived compound that if splashed around by one of these low-force bombs would permanently contaminate the site.

They might defeat Syria's ability to use them but to claim that they would not create an unholy mess at the same time is idiotic.
Wonder if you could use the PAW first to break all the containers and then drop an incendiary to burn it out?

cameraman
09-25-13, 08:13 PM
Wonder if you could use the PAW first to break all the containers and then drop an incendiary to burn it out?

As someone who lived 40 miles from a chemical weapons incinerator and listened to a decade of wrangling over the thing I can safely say that those gasses do not burn efficiently. It take very high heat for quite a while to destroy that stuff.

SurfaceUnits
09-25-13, 09:15 PM
Yeah, right.

Friction:

One analyst said if the PAW were to be fired from a high enough altitude and was able to travel with enough terminal velocity – it could destroy chemical weapons stockpiles without releasing contaminants.

“When you hit something at high velocity, what you get is a flash of incredible heat in a confined area extremely fast. That can vaporize everything in small area,” said Daniel Goure, vice president of the Lexington Institute, a Virginia-based think tank.

SurfaceUnits
09-25-13, 09:22 PM
As someone who worked on a demil site: http://www.roe.com/

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Chemical+weapon+destruction+begins+at+Pine+Bluff+A rsenal%3A+Washington...-a0138705468

Explosive Containment Room (ECR), a structure with 28-inch thick walls that houses a rocket shear machine. The ECR is designed to contain any explosion or fire during rocket processing. Negative air pressure is maintained in this area to ensure that the rest of the plant or the environment will not be affected by agent emissions during rocket destruction.

cameraman
09-25-13, 10:04 PM
Friction:

One analyst said if the PAW were to be fired from a high enough altitude and was able to travel with enough terminal velocity – it could destroy chemical weapons stockpiles without releasing contaminants.

“When you hit something at high velocity, what you get is a flash of incredible heat in a confined area extremely fast. That can vaporize everything in small area,” said Daniel Goure, vice president of the Lexington Institute, a Virginia-based think tank.

Think tank. In other words not good enough to be employed doing something of value.

SurfaceUnits
10-02-13, 04:15 AM
chiennes exécution exécuter

Swiss war games conducted in August and revealed days ago pitted the Swiss military against invading hordes from "a financially stricken France."

The Telegraph carried reports from Matin Dimanche saying the Swiss military practiced for an attack from a bankrupt France that had "broken into warring regions."

One of the regions was named "Saonia" and was described as invading to take back money it believed Switzerland had "swiped from France."

The operation was in depth, "imagining a three-pronged invasion" organized by "a paramilitary organization... [called] the Dijon Free Brigade."

Upon receiving criticism for the war games, Swiss armored brigade captain Daniel Berger said Switzerland has nothing against the French. Rather, the games were organized in a way that used familiar French towns to provide "[Swiss] soldiers with a real scale."

When Europe was at the high point of its financial crisis, Switzerland carried out a similar war game in which it prepared to react to "a huge wave of refugees [crossing] into the country after the implosion of the European single currency."

Gnam
10-02-13, 11:54 AM
The Swiss are truly the Dwarves of this Middle Earth.

The Dwarves? They toil away in caverns, seeking riches. They care nothing for the troubles of others.

A knowledgeable person once told me that the Swiss main battle tank is by far the most comfortable tank in the world. Their battle plan used to entail blocking the mountain passes until the invaders got tired and went home. I don't know if that is still the case.

SurfaceUnits
10-10-13, 01:22 PM
Contrails in abundance this morning. Could be some of the 8th's B-2s and/or B-52's

Spirit of Indiana coming at ya

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/be/USAF_B-2_Spirit.jpg

SurfaceUnits
10-12-13, 04:06 PM
U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with ‘Top Gun’-worthy stunt

The U.S. Air Force has a message for Iran: Don’t mess with our drones.

In what only can be described as a scene out of Tom Cruise’s “Top Gun,” Gen. Mark A. Welsh III, Air Force chief of staff, describes how F-22 stealth jets scared off Iranian jets from a U.S. drone flying in international airspace.

The Aviationist reports that in March a U.S. MQ-1 drone came close to being intercepted by an Iranian F-4 Phantom combat plane, but the Iranian aircraft stopped short after a warning by an American pilot.

“He [the Raptor pilot] flew under their aircraft [the F-4s] to check out their weapons load without them knowing that he was there, and then pulled up on their left wing and then called them and said ‘you really ought to go home,’” Gen. Welsh said.

According to The Aviationist, the Iranians came within 16 miles of the drone.

SurfaceUnits
10-31-13, 02:27 PM
Captain Kirk to command new Navy destroyer

The commander of the U.S. Navy's sleek new guided-missile destroyer, which launched late last week in Maine, has a name to match its space-age look: Captain Kirk.

Captain James Kirk, the prospective commanding officer of USS Zumwalt, will lead the 610-foot vessel, the Navy's largest destroyer and first of three new Zumwalt-class ships "designed for littoral operations and land attack," the Navy said.

http://news.yahoo.com/captain-kirk-navy-destroyer-135551630.html;_ylt=A2KLOzIuVnJS62kAsYzQtDMD

Andrew Longman
10-31-13, 03:43 PM
U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with ‘Top Gun’-worthy stunt.an F-4 against an F-22? And an F-4 that has not had spare parts or tech support since 1977? That isn't even close to fair.

Andrew Longman
10-31-13, 03:47 PM
Captain Kirk to command new Navy...Seriously? Someone named Kirk named their kid James? And he decides to pursue a career where he can become a captain? Seriously?

That is some messed up gene pool... Or an impressively humble group with an irreverent sense of humor.

G.
10-31-13, 04:01 PM
Seriously? Someone named Kirk named their kid James? And he decides to pursue a career where he can become a captain? Seriously?

That is some messed up gene pool... Or an impressively humble group with an irreverent sense of humor.
I'm hearing that he went by his middle name, Tiberius, so that he wouldn't get picked on in high school.

Andrew Longman
10-31-13, 04:10 PM
I'm hearing that he went by his middle name, Tiberius, so that he wouldn't get picked on in high school.Yeah that is definitely a "beat up name". I had a congressman named Chris Smith for a while. He and his parents were evangelicals and he was named after Christmas. Seriously. He was proud of it. Congress is full of whack jobs of all persuasions. If you are named after a holiday and spent a childhood being picked on what else would you do as a profession besides be a congressman? But enough of that. ;)

SurfaceUnits
11-08-13, 12:31 AM
Saudi nuclear weapons 'on order' from Pakistan

Saudi Arabia has invested in Pakistani nuclear weapons projects, and believes it could obtain atomic bombs at will, a variety of sources have told BBC Newsnight.

While the kingdom's quest has often been set in the context of countering Iran's atomic programme, it is now possible that the Saudis might be able to deploy such devices more quickly than the Islamic republic.

Earlier this year, a senior Nato decision maker told me that he had seen intelligence reporting that nuclear weapons made in Pakistan on behalf of Saudi Arabia are now sitting ready for delivery.

Last month Amos Yadlin, a former head of Israeli military intelligence, told a conference in Sweden that if Iran got the bomb, "the Saudis will not wait one month. They already paid for the bomb, they will go to Pakistan and bring what they need to bring."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-24823846

Gnam
11-08-13, 12:40 PM
They already paid for the bomb, they will go to Pakistan and bring what they need to bring."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-24823846
Delivery might be a problem, considering they would have to sail around Iran or drive through it. :laugh:
Also, I'm guessing the US & Russia would work to prevent any transfer.

SurfaceUnits
11-08-13, 02:55 PM
Delivery might be a problem, considering they would have to sail around Iran or drive through it. :laugh:
Also, I'm guessing the US & Russia would work to prevent any transfer.

Our friends our now our enemies and our enemies are now our friends

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/cb/Royal_Saudi_Air_Force_F-15S_Eagle.jpg

1 RSAF F-15S and its armaments

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Saudi_Air_Force

SurfaceUnits
11-08-13, 03:19 PM

just a row boat from Oman and a short drive to Saudi

Gnam
11-08-13, 03:31 PM
The warhead maybe, but what about the missile? They don't fit in the overhead compartment.

SurfaceUnits
11-13-13, 11:42 AM
Kaspersky reveals ISS, Russian nuclear plant hit by Stuxnet virus (Video)
Posted by: Jon Ben-Mayor on 11/12/2013 11:41 AM [ Comments ]
Eugene Kaspersky revealed during his speech at the Press Club in Canberra, Australia that an engineer friend told him Stuxnet had 'badly infected' the internal network of a Russian nuclear plant after the sophisticated malware caused chaos in Iran's nuclear facilities in Natanz.

The malware, according to the article from SC Magazine, widely considered to have been developed by the US Government as a means to disrupt Iran's nuclear enrichment plans, had crossed a physically separated 'air-gapped' network in the Russian plant after it was carried across on a USB device.

The Jerusalem Post quotes Kaspersky as saying the virus "badly infected" the network of the Russian plant plant.

The malware specifically targeted Siemens supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) systems that are used to manage plant industrial processes.

Kaspersky also told his audience that the malware was later transported by Russian astronauts to the space station on a USB stick.

The sophisticated Stuxnet worm was estimated to have set Iran’s nuclear program back by two years, after it was discovered in June 2010 to have attacked computers at the Islamic Republic's plant in Natanz.

General Beringer from 'War Games' came ringing in my head, "After very careful consideration, sir, I've come to the conclusion that your new defense system sucks."

Gnam
11-26-13, 02:24 PM
Know your East China Sea geography

http://s8.postimg.org/auqx8k67p/71299031_china_sea_dispute.gif

US B-52 bombers challenge disputed China air zone

The US has flown two B-52 bombers over disputed islands in the East China Sea in defiance of new Chinese air defence rules, officials say.

China set up its "air defence identification zone" on Saturday insisting that aircraft obey its rules or face "emergency defensive measures".

The US - which has more than 70,000 troops in Japan and South Korea - had previously said it would not abide by the "destabilising" Chinese-imposed zone.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-25110011

Napoleon
11-26-13, 06:27 PM
^^^^

A good explanation:

http://www.theatlantic.com/china/archive/2013/11/how-to-think-about-the-chinese-air-defense-news/281871/

Gnam
11-26-13, 08:40 PM
love the video at the end of the article. :D

Napoleon
11-27-13, 06:08 AM
love the video at the end of the article. :D

Video:
or refuse to follow its lame and ridiculousness instructions

I would love to know why they show the Chinese military people smoking most of the time (and no one else).

nrc
11-27-13, 12:14 PM
It will be interesting to see if we end up with another Hainan Island incident. If the Chinese can't show that they can intercept uncontrolled flights through that space then they just look silly.

stroker
11-27-13, 02:05 PM
It will be interesting to see if we end up with another Hainan Island incident. If the Chinese can't show that they can intercept uncontrolled flights through that space then they just look silly.

As long as we file a flight plan for electronic eavesdropping flights I'm sure all will be peachy. :)

Gnam
12-02-13, 04:10 PM
run fishez, run!

Navy deploys anti-submarine aircraft squadron to Japan.

The U.S. Navy's first advanced P-8 Poseidon patrol aircraft has arrived in Japan, the start of a deployment that will upgrade America's ability to hunt submarines and other vessels in seas close to China as tension in the region mounts.

http://www.businessinsider.com/us-sends-sub-hunting-jets-to-japan-2013-12

The P-8 is based on Boeing's 737 commerical aircraft. Designed to replace the four-engine turboprop P-3 Orion, the Poseidon, carries torpedos in an enclosed weapons bay and Harpoon anti-ship missiles on the wings.

This is the aircraft's first deployment.

http://s15.postimg.org/8caxaqbjv/P_8_A_Poseidon02.jpg

Andrew Longman
12-02-13, 05:13 PM
Replacing one 50 year old design with another 50 year old design.

I guess it can stay on station longer and has room for all sorts of new electronic goodies.

The need is there. China IIRC has more subs than anyone and is building more.

Napoleon
12-02-13, 05:43 PM
This is the aircraft's first deployment.

It is based on a 737 and it is its first deployment? Seriously?

What next, an all terrain vehicle based on a 63' Ford Fairlane?

Gnam
12-02-13, 05:50 PM
Old design, but new planes. Originally designed for a 10,000 hour lifespan, some P-3 Orions have close to 30,000 hours on the clock. To keep them going Lockheed started making new wings.

http://www.p3orion.nl/newwings.pdf
http://navylive.dodlive.mil/2013/02/27/first-operational-p-8a-poseidon-squadron-readies-for-deployment/

It was decided to replace them, rather than continuing to repair the old ones. The 737 design was chosen as a shortcut to speed delivery of the new planes.

Andrew Longman
12-02-13, 07:30 PM
What is truly amazing is, according to an excellent book, 747, by the project manager is the body of the 727, 737, 757 are all based on the 707. Exact same fuselage but repurposed. The 767, 777, and 787 are all based on the 747. The 747 was most successful because they designed the wing for maximum versatility. Lockheed and MD and Airbus didn't do that and were saddled with massive redevelopment cost and effort if they wanted to compete. All the more reason to respect the 707 design.

cameraman
12-02-13, 07:36 PM
It isn't a 50 year old design, it is a 737-800. It is a current issue airframe and why on earth would the Navy spend a large fortune to design some spec airframe when any generic people carrier can do the job just fine?

Gnam
12-05-13, 05:28 PM
Drones are the new 'must have' military accessory:
CIA, Air Force, Army, Marines, aircraft carriers, surface ships, and now submarines...

Navy Launches UAV from Submerged Submarine

Operating under support of the Los Angeles class USS Providence (SSN 719) and the Naval Undersea Warfare Center-Newport Division (NUWC-NPT), the NRL developed XFC UAS—eXperimental Fuel Cell Unmanned Aerial System—was fired from the submarine's torpedo tube using a 'Sea Robin' launch vehicle system. The Sea Robin launch system was designed to fit within an empty Tomahawk launch canister (TLC) used for launching Tomahawk cruise missiles already familiar to submarine sailors.

Once deployed from the TLC, the Sea Robin launch vehicle with integrated XFC rose to the ocean surface where it appeared as a spar buoy. Upon command of Providence Commanding Officer, the XFC then vertically launched from Sea Robin and flew a successful several hour mission demonstrating live video capabilities streamed back to Providence, surface support vessels and Norfolk before landing at the Naval Sea Systems Command Atlantic Undersea Test and Evaluation Center (AUTEC), Andros, Bahamas.

http://www.nrl.navy.mil/media/news-releases/2013/navy-launches-uav-from-submerged-submarine

Here's a nice write-up on the UAV: http://www.afcea.org/content/?q=node/2130

It's powered by a hydrogen fuel cell, has a fiberglass body, and folding asymmetric wings. Pretty impressive for something that's expendable and disposable.

http://www.nrl.navy.mil/PressReleases/2013/96-13r_XFC_Underwater_Launch_1400x1050.jpg

nrc
02-24-14, 05:30 PM
The b!#^@es running now are the lobbiests running for their Congressman.

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2014-02-24/hagel-said-to-propose-lowest-army-level-since-before-2001-attack

Of course congress won't need any prompting to line up to protect bases in their state whether they're needed or not.

Meanwhile pity the poor Warthog, the old warbird that hasn't done anything but prove itself to be one of the most cost effective weapons platforms in our arsenal.

http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2012/01/a-10-f-35-air-force-budget

Gnam
02-24-14, 05:48 PM
Meanwhile pity the poor Warthog, the old warbird that hasn't done anything but prove itself to be one of the most cost effective weapons platforms in our arsenal.
idiots. The Marines should buy them from the Air Force.

cameraman
02-24-14, 05:59 PM
Has an F-35 ever flown a combat mission? Even one?

Getting rid of the A-10 is beyond idiotic outside of facesaving for the hundreds of billions spent on the F-35:rolleyes:

cameraman
02-24-14, 06:00 PM
idiots. The Marines should buy them from the Air Force.

With the A-10 and the Harriers the Marines might have the only airforce that works

Andrew Longman
02-24-14, 08:17 PM
Hasn't the A10 been killed off a few times before? It and the F16 have been proven the most cost effective and lethal planes out there and the USAF had them forced upon them over massive objections from the brass

Napoleon
02-24-14, 08:59 PM
Hasn't the A10 been killed off a few times before?

I very clearly recall they were about to kill them off/had already issued the order to retire them when the first Gulf War occurred and the A-10s proved they were needed.

nrc
02-25-14, 03:13 AM
I very clearly recall they were about to kill them off/had already issued the order to retire them when the first Gulf War occurred and the A-10s proved they were needed.

Yeah, that's correct. The A10 was by far the most effective close air support weapon and the F-16s did poorly.

G.
02-25-14, 02:21 PM
Hasn't the A10 been killed off a few times before? It and the F16 have been proven the most cost effective and lethal planes out there and the USAF had them forced upon them over massive objections from the brass

Yeah, that's correct. The A10 was by far the most effective close air support weapon and the F-16s did poorly.

??

I love the ugly Warthog, but I didn't hear that the F16's did poorly in GW1.

The A10 definitely re-affirmed its value in the Sandbox1. I thought that a big part of that was the escape-road attack, where the A10's racked up big armor numbers. (Right weapons platform, right time.)

How did the F16's do poorly?

(IIRC, the military also cancelled the A10 right after the Gulf War 1, and there was an uproar against it (due to its performance in the Gulf), so they backtracked.)