PDA

View Full Version : Milwaukee Mile ticket price is dropping a lot

cameraman
12-21-05, 06:56 PM
The new owners (including David Hobbs) are trying to save all the races and the track in general.

For example, a Champ Car World Series lower-level grandstand ticket that was $49 in 2005 year is priced at $29 this year, and Craftsman Truck Series bleacher tickets that were $14 are $9.

The key lies in marketing to create a greater awareness of the track and events among businesses and casual fans, Stoehr and Mile President Andy Randall say. Their team includes several individuals with worldwide experience in racing marketing.

An 18-year agreement signed with Milwaukee Mile Holdings LLC "signals brighter days" for both the sides, Greenberg said, unshackling the park from its biggest source of debt and giving the track the opportunity to thrive again in the hands of a private promoter.

More than 200 supporters gathered in the same room in the Wisconsin Exposition Center where State Fair Park's board of directors approved the transaction in August, lending the feel of a pep rally to the ceremonial signing. At the same time, the new promoter group signed contracts with sanctioning bodies for its 2006 races and introduced 28 local investors who joined Badger Pacific Equity Partners, the deal's primary backer.

Milwaukee Journal Sentinel (http://www.jsonline.com/sports/race/dec05/378935.asp)

Methanolandbrats
12-21-05, 07:08 PM
I hope they don't try banning carry-ins again so they can make money by raping people for food and booze. Did'nt work in 04, won't work in 06.

NismoZ
12-21-05, 07:40 PM
I hope so too but you identify exactly how any entertainment venue tries to up the take. Maybe they'll leave the infield alone, maybe not, but the reduced ticket prices seemed like a no-brainer to me. The infield is fun, but most ovalistas want to sit. If this doesn't draw enough people they'll probably rip up the asphalt and have the developer put up MORE buildings. I bet that was part of the whole deal anyway. (SAFERs yet?)

Andrew Longman
12-21-05, 08:17 PM
$9?

Wow. It used to cost $12 five years ago to go to the old Flemington Speedway and see a bunch of no-named (outside of the NE) racers go at it in Eastern Modifieds on a Saturday night. Bring all the food and booze you want. Kids are free and the track food in not bad or expensive.

I'm afraid the damage might already be done for The Mile. Wish them the very best of luck. Flat track oval racing is almost extinct but is the only oval racing worth watching, but I'm afraid unless DEJr and Jeff show up nothing will draw more on great oval like Milwaukee than it did on the now defunct Flemington "Circle Squared"

trauma1
12-22-05, 09:10 AM
I hope so too but you identify exactly how any entertainment venue tries to up the take. Maybe they'll leave the infield alone, maybe not, but the reduced ticket prices seemed like a no-brainer to me. The infield is fun, but most ovalistas want to sit. If this doesn't draw enough people they'll probably rip up the asphalt and have the developer put up MORE buildings. I bet that was part of the whole deal anyway. (SAFERs yet?)

you hit the nail on the head, this is mostly about the land grab to build the hotel and shopping center, i hope i'm wrong, but i really don't see them putting any $$ into the track, all iv'e heard for year is that they are going to build a new tunnel under turns 1 and 2 , it never happens. the politics of that track is unbelievable, there is also outside people always trying to get thier finger into something.