PDA

View Full Version : zanardi movie in the works

rosawendel
12-21-05, 08:38 AM
link thingie (with unrelated photo) (http://f1.racing-live.com/f1/en/)

Zanardi is aware of the fact that most racing movies haven’t been box-office hits but said: “Almost all motor racing films flopped, and you always need lots of money to produce them. In this case, however, if the film stays close to the book, the scenes about racing would take up a rather a limited amount of time.”

here's to hoping that stallone is not involved.

pchall
12-21-05, 09:06 AM
According to the current BMW Team Italy-Spain WTCC driver, and double Champ Car-Champion and former F1 driver, Alex Zanardi, a US production company has purchased the rights to his autobiography and intends using it as the basis for a movie.

Zanardi, who suffered a near-fatal accident in the 2001 Champ Car round at the EuroSpeedway Lausitz, losing both his legs, made his motor racing comeback in 2003, when he contested the season finale of the FIA European Touring Car Championship.

He then took part in the 2004 series and was part of BMW’s line-up in the FIA World Touring Car Championship. The Italian made it back to the highest step of the podium at Oschersleben, where he celebrated an emotional win.

Zanardi is aware of the fact that most racing movies haven’t been box-office hits but said: “Almost all motor racing films flopped, and you always need lots of money to produce them. In this case, however, if the film stays close to the book, the scenes about racing would take up a rather a limited amount of time.”

Alex in a Barilla hat is hardly unrelated:

http://f1.racing-live.com/f1/photos/imgactu/zoom05/zanardi-monza-z-01_040905.jpg

2DB
12-21-05, 09:39 AM
I'll bet Alex made a good hunk of money from the sale of his autobiography, and I really don't blame him a bit, but his story after it becomes "Hollywoodized", YUCK!! Calling Mr's Cruise and Stalone :thumdown:

Kelvis

Gangrel
12-21-05, 11:07 AM
I'll bet Alex made a good hunk of money from the sale of his autobiography, and I really don't blame him a bit, but his story after it becomes "Hollywoodized", YUCK!! Calling Mr's Cruise and Stalone :thumdown:

Kelvis

Killing the project before we even see what they do with it, are we? :rolleyes:

Wabbit
12-21-05, 11:41 AM
Killing the project before we even see what they do with it, are we? :rolleyes:

It's the OC way to change something positive into something very bad. :shakehead

DjDrOmusic
12-21-05, 12:31 PM
For what it's worth, here are my picks for the major roles

Alex- Michael Imperioli
Daniellia- Kristin Davis
Dr. Terry Trammel- John Malkovich
Dr. Steve Olvey- Scott Glenn
Jimmy Vasser- Ryan Reynolds
Chip Ganassi- Dan Akroyd
Mo Nunn- Michael Caine

indyfan31
12-21-05, 12:40 PM
...Chip Ganassi- Dan Akroyd

ROFLMAO!

Wheel-Nut
12-21-05, 12:58 PM
I would have thought Mr. Ed would be a more lifelike Chip . . .

DjDrOmusic
12-21-05, 01:15 PM
ROFLMAO!

http://mirrorimageorigin.collegepublisher.com/media/paper265/stills/2970odc1.jpg

Tell me he doesn't look the part!! :rofl:

DagoFast
12-21-05, 03:34 PM
No! Not Dan Akyroyd for the role of Chip.

For that role you need someone special. You need an actor that has refined playing a pompous *** to a high art. An actor that can be a convincing buffoon. An actor that knows his way around a buffet table. And finally, an actor that can squeal like a pig. There is only one such man, literally born to play the role.

I nominate, the one, the only; Ned Beatty.

Lizzerd
12-21-05, 10:35 PM
Chip Ganassi -> Mel Brooks, ala Blazing Saddles and "The Gov".